[LPF] Ties that Bind

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]
At this point, Audra and Eanos have yet to send the raven figurine back to signal the others.

Argh. I'd completely forgotten about it, and it wasn't even that many posts ago. And it was even in my bloody mini-stats. *headdesk*. Thanks for being nice enough to remind me, Qik. [/sblock]

Eanos finds himself stunned at the sight of the massacre. The smells of burning flesh, the screams of the dying ... it's a nightmare.

Cursing himself for delay, Eanos grabs for the figurine Elenka had given them. He whispers to it, "The camp is under attack. Fire creatures. Not much time." The silver comes to life, and with a flick of his wrist, Eanos sends the raven flying into the night.

"All right. Let's see if I can protect us from these things," he mutters, turning his vision to the scene. His eyes seem to cloud briefly as he focuses on one of the fire creatures and churns through his memory for information he may have secreted away in his mind.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, let's get that raven sent. D'oh! Then some rolls:

Initiative (1d20+6=13)

Know (Arcana); Know (Dungeoneering); Know (Planes) (1d20+4=12, 1d20+4=5, 1d20+4=21)

Finally, Eanos is going to use his Detect Evil ability to check the creatures. If he detects the presence, he'll call that good enough, and cast Protection from Evil on Audra. Depending on what (if anything) he knows about the creatures, he'll also activate a Judgement. I'm holding off deciding which one until I see if the creatures are planar (since that's the only roll that looks high enough). [/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 35 Current: 35
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: Bloodhound (Scent, perception, & survival bonuses, 5 hours)

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)
Silver Figurine (from Elenka): Activated

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 5/5 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/3 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra is restraining herself through a force of will that she wouldn't understand at the moment, and may not in the future. Her soul is screaming in anger at the thoughts in her mind, but yet her training keeps her at bay. Eanos' words to the statue bring her head around to lock her gaze on him. The sight of her stalwart companion gives her a pause to take a short but deep breath, calming the raging emotions for the moment. She turns, following Eanos' gaze at the flaming entities within the camp before them. She takes a deep breath and looks away from the flaming monstrosities, instead looking for the nearest tent.

[sblock=ooc]Audra will hold fast a moment for Eanos to see if he comes up with anything or if she herself, in her limited experience with such things, can put together what is going on. Should that fail she will check the distance to the nearest tent and, if it is closer to the edge of the clearing than the fire creatures, she will attempt to make it to the tent, preferably the back or side if she can keep that between herself and what is going on. Her rolls:

Perception (this time on the fire things, in case she gets any help)
Knowledge Religion (doubtful, but she'd still think it through since Eanos is keeping her grounded at the moment)
Stealth (if she has a chance to get up behind a tent, she will do so, with the intent of getting it between herself and the slaughter going on. If she is able, she will use her axe to try to slit the back of the tent open to see what is inside. If she is unable to reach one with a good chance of safety, she will follow Eanos' guidance.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Some ways behind Eanos and Audra, Elenka, Drevezh'korol, and Fulgrim continue to traipse through the woods on the trail of their companions. Elenka seems lost in thought and Drevezh'korol is, as usual, engrossed in his surroundings, even more so now that they are in a forest.

Elenka rouses from her thoughts, "I wonder if Eanos and Audra have found anything yet?"

OOC: Just keepin' us on the first page of the forum...

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Eanos scribbles hurriedly, and then sends the enlivened figurine off into the night.

"Fire elementals," says the inquisitor. "Nasty tempers, and quick-moving. And plus there's the fact that they're made of fire."

Audra sees no sign of her brother, and no clear route to a tent. As the pair try to decide their next move, the elementals continue their slaughter.

Meanwhile, about a mile away, Elenka and the others receive the bird's arrival with trepidation. The summoner doesn't even need to read the note to guess at most of its contents: they've already begun smelling smoke, and the sight of the bird could not be a good sign.

[sblock=OOC]Thanks for your patience, all.

Eanos identifies the fire elementals: by "quick-moving," I'm indicating he knows that they have spring attack. And, of course, there's their burn ability. Note the effect on natural attacks, Artur.

You two still have not been sighted.

I made a few presumptions re: the raven figurine. First of all, it only delivers written notes. I also assumed Elenka et al would be moving slowly in the direction of the camp, and at the time of the bird's arrival, are only a mile away. Still going to take a few minutes to catch up to the party.

Orange squares indicate fire. Moving through them is done at half speed and requires a Reflex save to avoid catching on fire.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Camp.png
    Camp.png
    528.5 KB · Views: 188

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Gonna be a bear hitting those things," Eanos says, though there's an oddly humorous glint in his eye "Or would be, if I didn't have this," he adds, producing a scroll from his backpack.

Quickly, Eanos unfurls the parchment. "Fire," he whispers to it, and the edges actually seem to char slightly in response. Then he reads the text as one hand once again rests on the red-haired monk's shoulder. The parchment crumbles as he reads, And Elenka suddenly finds she cannot feel the waves of heat coming from the fire in the clearing beyond.

"Should hold off the burn," Eanos announces as he brushes the last bit of scroll from his fingers. "So, cause trouble now, or wait on the others? Got one more trick might help you out if we have to go for it."

[sblock=ooc]No worries on the scribbling. I hadn't realized, so makes sense to me.

And huzzah for random preparation. Eanos has a scroll of Resist Energy! :D Audra now has 20 minutes of Resist Fire 10. Booyah! :)

Not sure if we want to try to take on two of these things solo, but this way we don't burn (ha!) a round prepping Audra for when the smelly stuff hits. With a 20 minute duration, I wasn't too concerned it would fade too quickly.

If we DO wind up taking these things on before the others arrive, Eanos is planning to throw a Lend Judgement on Audra. Might as well buff as much as possible. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 35 Current: 35
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: Bloodhound (Scent, perception, & survival bonuses, 5 hours)

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)
Silver Figurine (from Elenka): Activated

Used: Scroll of Resist Energy

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 5/5 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/3 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim seems shaken from deep thought as Elenka says her thoughts out loud. "Huh, ah, reckon not." Fulgrim replies before the winged messenger arrives.

Only making it another few steps before the figurine draws near Elenka with its message. "Lookin' like dey mighta' found some trouble. We best be movin'."

[sblock=OOC]

Fulgrim will begin making double-moves towards the smoke. Still a good bit before we can reach them though.

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka barely bothers to read the note attached to the silver raven's leg. Just the fact that Eanos sent it is enough to set her moving at a trot after Fulgrim. Drevezh'korol follows; both save their breath for running and dodging tree branches.

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra nods, her mind slowing to a crawl from Eanos' calming demeanor. She nods, swallowing.

"Anything you can do quickly. We have to stop them before the burn the entire camp, and kill all the guys who know where Alecks is."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases