[LPF] Ties that Bind

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Is it possible to move along the trail without taking movement penalties for difficult terrain? If so, then Drev would full move to K11 and Elenka to K10 in round one. In round two then my previously posted actions would take place.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
GE said:
Is it possible to move along the trail without taking movement penalties for difficult terrain? If so, then Drev would full move to K11 and Elenka to K10 in round one. In round two then my previously posted actions would take place.
In all fairness, you can work out the preparations however you want. That might mean Round 1 includes more than normal actions because until you do something to make the Fire Elementals aware, you technically are not in combat.

I don't want to mess up your intentions, GE (You can keep the dice roll, btw). I am just trying to get things structured the way they should be if I was fully driving the bus all along. :p

You can completely pull back the Haste spell and take an extra round of preparations if you want. I was not sure I would get the map done last night, but my other site had a server issue and suddenly I had time to complete it and the combat preparations so we are ready to move forward.

The only ticking clock IC is the 10 rounds remaining on the Resist Fire, so if it takes 2-3 rounds to get ready to officially kick off combat and make the Fire Elementals aware, then its duration will be lowered accordingly.;)

So let's call it Pre-Combat Round 1 and GE's last IC post is not counting until he validates it to take place in this round.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka and Drevezh'korol: summoner and wood man

Elenka grabs Drevezh'korol's thick, wooden wrist and drags the wood man behind her closer to the edge of the woods and the fire elementals. She waits for the others to catch up to her before she begins casting her haste spell.

"Drev, when I get the first spell on you then go; we don't have time to waste. I'll try to give you some resistance to fire soon after."

Drevezh'korol nods his acceptance of the plan and readies himself.

[sblock=Actions]Elenka:
Full Move: to K10
Drevezh'korol:
Full Move: to K11

Note: not hasted yet[/sblock]

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 6
Initiative: +2 Perception: +8

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current AC: 17 (+1 dodge (haste))
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +7

In Hand:
Conditions: Hasted
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/4 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +8; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) Current AC: 25 (+4 mage armor, +1 dodge (haste))
HP: 47 Current: 47
CMB: +11 CMD: 23 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4 (+8 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armored, Hasted[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos moves quickly and quietly to keep up with the summoner and her protecter, and as Elenka boosts the group's speed, he reaches out for Fulgrim's axe, whispering one of Issolatha's secrets to the blade, which briefly shimmers in response.

[sblock=ooc]This is about a round and a half of actions, but wanted to get the buff in there since my schedule's so bad. The move action next round I can do whenever, It think. Moving with Elenka and Drev down the path, and when she buffs next round, he'll also cast Weapon of Awe for Fulgrim: +2 to damage rolls and enemy shaken one round on a crit.

If he can invoke his judgment this round in prep for the combat using his Swift action, he'll give himself the Protection judgment (Resist fire 4). Since duration is based on combat, I'm not entirely clear if he has to be in round 1 of combat to invoke it or not; I'm fine delaying it if that's what it takes.

I should have a properly updated stat block for Eanos below. That includes reducing spells and judgment based on the above actions.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +9

Conditions: Bloodhound (Scent, perception, & survival bonuses, 5 hours)

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)
Silver Figurine (from Elenka): Activated

Used: Scroll of Resist Energy

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 5/5 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra starts to move as Drev begins to charge toward the clearing. She is almost in motion when Elenka's grab stops the treeman in his tracks. Audra eases closer to the pair and hunkers down. She flexes her fingers and nods.

"The sooner the better. If Alecks is in there and alive, we have to get him out."

Though her voice is calm, the look in her eyes tells the story of how much restraint it is taking to keep the young Monk from charging into the clearing, looking for her chance to belt something. Audra readies herself, eyes gazing over the bushes before them, watching the fire monsters happily and greedily slaughter and burn anything near them.

[sblock=Ministats]
Initiative: +4 Perception: +10

AC: 20 Touch: 19 Flat-footed: 15
CMB: +7 CMD: 24 Fort: +6 Ref: +10 Will: +8 Movement: 50' base

In Hand:

Weapon: Unarmed Strikes
Attack: +9
Damage: 1d8+1
Crit: 20x2
Special: Flurry of Blows (+9/+9/+4)
Type: Bludgeon

Ki Pool:
Remaining: 8

Effects on Audra
- Fire Resistance cast by Eanos Time Remaining: 10 Rounds
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Moving closer to the clearing, you are seeing the creatures moving about. It is hard to tell what is jsut flaming campsite and debris and the active fire creatures with the undergrowth between you and them.

FireElemental_zps3ea5e4dd.png

There are three of the fire creatures moving about, two are large and one is man-sized.

OOC: Combat: Round 1 -> 2
[sblock=Combat Information]Eanos's Actions can all be in Round 1 & have Judgement Active for the duration
I put Eanos at K8 with a Move Action.
You are aware. Fire Elementals are not

Initiative:
You guys
Fire Elementals

Updated Map:
LPFTtBEnc01Map01A_zpsfbf797df.jpg

Map Notes:
1) Darker vegetation provides 20% concealment(Roll 1d100; 1-20 misses) for ranged attacks being bushes, 50% concealment for small creatures. Counts as difficult terrain
2) The wood colored circles are tree trunks. Provide cover
3) Squares with fire risk burning (1d4 fire dmg if fail Reflex 11 DC)

Party Status
Code:
Audra:     47/47 HP remaining; 
Eanos:     41/41 HP remaining;
Elenka:    44/44 HP remaining; 
Drevezh:   47/47 HP remaining;
Fulgrim:   80/80 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect: Resist Fire 10 (Audra: 10 Rnds), Haste (+30 ft. move +1 Extra Attack when making full attack action; +1 Att/Dodge AC/Ref)(6 Rnds), Protection Judgment: Resist fire 4(Eanos), Weapon of Awe (Fulgrim) (+2 to damage rolls and enemy shaken one round on a crit)

Enemy Status:
Code:
Fire Elemental 1 (AC17(13ff)/30HP)
Fire Elemental 2 (AC19(13ff)/60HP(DR5/-))
Fire Elemental 3 (AC19(13ff)/60HP(DR5/-))
[/sblock]
GM: Fulgrim is left for Round 1 (I need to know his actual starting coordinate after Round 1).

After IronWolf goes for Round 1, Everyone is up for Round 2.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim's muscles tense as the group gathers at the edge of the clearing, ready to charge into the battle ahead. Sweat beads on his shaved head as he allows the casters to finish the last of their pre-battle preparations having learned in the past how valuable they can be. He does reposition himself closer to the clear path leading ahead.

[sblock=OOC]

Fulgrim moves to J:12, still within range of any casting people are doing, ready to charge ahead when the others do.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch) Raging AC: 16
HP: 80 Current: 80 (RAGING HP 92 Current: 92
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Damage Reduction: 3/--

MW Greataxe +11/+6 (1d12+6/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Sling

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 92 Current: 92
CMB: +12 CMD: 23 Fort: +10 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 2/--
Rage: 14/17

MW Greataxe +13/+8 (1d12+9/20/x3) and
Special: Power Attack for -2 to hit, +6 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -2 to hit on power attack of first attack
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka and Drevezh'korol: summoner and wood man

With everyone balanced on the cusp of battle and ready to race to engage the fire elementals Elenka quickly summons power from Lesovik's realm and fills each of her companions and herself with the speed of the winter wind.

"Go, go!" she mutters. "I'll be right behind you, Drevezh'korol"

Drevezh'korol feels the magics settle on him like the sting of sleet. Since this is what Drevezh'korol was waiting for he races forward to throw himself at the elementals fully trusting in Elenka's powers to enhance and protect. The wood man stops short of the elemental but well within range of his own fists and swings with a mighty double-fisted strike.

Elenka moves along behind her otherworldly protector, pushes into the undergrowth just behind him and readies herself to cast protective magics upon Drev at the first available opportunity.

[sblock=Actions]Elenka:
Standard: cast haste on everyone
Move: to F14

Drevezh'korol:
Move: to E14
Standard: Attack (slam w/H+PA) 1d20+11=24, 2d6+15=21[/sblock]

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 6
Initiative: +2 Perception: +8

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current AC: 17 (+1 dodge (haste))
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +7

In Hand:
Conditions: Hasted
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/4 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +8; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) Current AC: 25 (+4 mage armor, +1 dodge (haste))
CMB: +11 CMD: 23 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4 (+8 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armored, Hasted[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Aiudra has been restraining herself from charging headlong into the clearing. When the word is given the Monk takes off at blinding speed moving to the same elemental as Drev and Elenka are homing in on. In determined silence she begins to try to rain a flurry of blows on the elemental. However she is in such a fury that her first two fists miss wildly. The third blow lands on the flaming beasty, but the fourth fails to follow up on the connection.

[sblock=actions]

Move to D13 and attack. Rolling all attacks, since her movement base is 50 and she's hasted. :)

I looked for info on a ki strike, to see if it cost a ki point or something. Ki Pool notes as long as there is at least one point in the Ki Pool, the monk can make a Ki Strike. Can someone clarify for me if doing so would require the expenditure of a ki point? Danke!

Attack 1: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3926904/">1d20+9=13</a>
Attack 2: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3926907/">1d20+9=12</a>
Attack 3: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3926911/">1d20+4=19</a>
*Attack 4: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3926914/">1d20+9=13</a>

Damage 3: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3926918/">1d8+1=7</a>

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Initiative: +4 Perception: +10

AC: 21* Touch: 19 Flat-footed: 15
CMB: +7 CMD: 24 Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +8 Movement: 80'* (50' base)

In Hand:

Weapon: Unarmed Strikes
Attack: +9
Damage: 1d8+1
Crit: 20x2
Special: Flurry of Blows (+9/+9/+4/+9*)
Type: Bludgeon

Ki Pool:
Remaining: 8

Effects on Audra
- Fire Resistance cast by Eanos Time Remaining: 9 Rounds

* - Hated by Elenka
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos darts into the trees in a blur. He slides to a halt just inside the cover the shrubbery provides. Grabbing the key on his neck, he points to the larger elemental that's currently not engaged.

"Lady, show him his own secret weakness," he whispers. A swirl of energy coalesces into a glowing shortbow in the middle of the battlefield, which fires a glowing arrow which unfortunately flies wide of its mark.

[sblock=ooc]Move to G or H 8. I'm not sure which one puts Eanos in a place where he can fire from (rather than being penalized for) cover? Cast Spiritual Weapon. Misses:

Spiritual weapon attack; damage (1d20+7=14, 1d8+2=4)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +9

Hasted AC: 18, Reflex +7

Conditions: Bloodhound (Scent, perception, & survival bonuses, 5 hours), Haste (+30 move, +1 attack on full, +1 AC / Reflex), Judgement (Resist fire 4), Spiritual Weapon 5/6 rounds (Attack 4 + 3 Wis, Damage 1d8+2 force damage)

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)
Silver Figurine (from Elenka): Activated

Used: Scroll of Resist Energy

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 5/5 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (1/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Remove ads