Trailer Madame Web | Official Trailer

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
That definitely seems to be the overwhelming opinion.

Man, I REALLY wish Sony would just give Spiderman back to Marvel - their live action Spider-verse stuff is just terrible …
I enjoyed Madame Web more than Ant Man and whatevermania and Black Adam. Though, it wasn't great MW doesnt live up to the bad reviews, imo.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
That definitely seems to be the overwhelming opinion.

Man, I REALLY wish Sony would just give Spiderman back to Marvel - their live action Spider-verse stuff is just terrible …
Maybe these repeated failures will bring them to their senses, and they'll sell the rights to Disney.

Wait. "Come to their senses"?!? What am I thinking?

payn

Maybe part of the issue is unknown, obscure, characters?
I think we have come full circle back to the late 90's early aughts with comic flicks. Where critics long have held their nose at comic book movies and then were treated to a few critically acclaimed ones. Rushing back a deluge of films where the stories start to feel repetitive and the actors seem phoned in as everybody gets in on the gravy train. Now, critics remember why they tore apart these films in the first place, and are gleeful to do it again.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I think we have come full circle back to the late 90's early aughts with comic flicks. Where critics long have held their nose at comic book movies and then were treated to a few critically acclaimed ones. Rushing back a deluge of films where the stories start to feel repetitive and the actors seem phoned in as everybody gets in on the gravy train. Now, critics remember why they tore apart these films in the first place, and are gleeful to do it again.
My friend is no critic, so I'm not sure where this is coming from?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
'Critics' aren't a monoculture. They're just people with opinions, and sometimes they agree and sometimes they don't. Sure, many of them get paid for it, but that's no disqualification for having an opinion.

payn

'Critics' aren't a monoculture. They're just people with opinions, and sometimes they agree and sometimes they don't. Sure, many of them get paid for it, but that's no disqualification for having an opinion.
I was speaking, of course, in a generality. Read some review sources regularly and you see trends. 🤷‍♂️

Zardnaar

Legend
One of my friends who is definitely liberal and feminist, goes to female led movies sometimes just to support them.... Thought it might be the worst movie he ever saw.

Has he seen Highlander II?

Alot of "bad" movies these days aren't actually that bad. More low side of average or a bit meh.

The line from the trailer, "He was studying spiders in the Amazon with my mother, right before she died" has become a hilarious meme online. But apparently the line isn't even in the movie! I'm so disappointed.

Remove ads