Trailer Madame Web | Official Trailer

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Did it? I can't remember, and I'm not going to rewatch it just to confirm ... ;)

Regardless, I would have thought the skrull emperor would have been involved in the Secret Invasion plot somehow, even if it was just a matter of the bad skrull faction taking steps to ensure that the emperor and his faction didn't find out about their plans. (Or attempting to assassinate him to get him out of the way.).
episode 2 when Fury first learns about the Millions of Skrulls already living on earth

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
episode 2 when Fury first learns about the Millions of Skrulls already living on earth
Uh, Valkyrie did not take millions of Skrulls to Earth. They evacuated like maybe 100 total on the ships, and Val took maybe 25. Those millions of Skrulls came from somewhere else and via some other means.

Also, an aside: If I was an MCU fan who just followed the movies, I would feel very curious about Talos's fate. Why isn't he more involved with the Skrulls' future plans? It felt wrong that he had no role or mention in The Marvels.

Thomas Shey

Legend
In what way? Having watched both, I couldn't see any ways in which they connected.

I already mentioned it. They referenced the Skrull Emperor's separate colony (which they presumably didn't know was no longer a thing) and ascribed to the same Kree/Skrull problems (where its not clear who was more at fault, though the Skrulls got the worst of it).

Thomas Shey

Legend
ae it does assume that - and considering that the US President declared war on all aliens on earth, you’d think Fury would be making a direct call to the Asgardians

As I recall that scene, there's no automatic reason he'd have known if neither Carol nor Kamala chose to tell him (and I can quite see reasons they'd have chose not to).

Thomas Shey

Legend
Uh, Valkyrie did not take millions of Skrulls to Earth. They evacuated like maybe 100 total on the ships, and Val took maybe 25. Those millions of Skrulls came from somewhere else and via some other means.

That's not what they're referring to; its mentioning that the Skrull Emperor's colony was a separate thing from the earlier evacuation to Earth.

Also, an aside: If I was an MCU fan who just followed the movies, I would feel very curious about Talos's fate. Why isn't he more involved with the Skrulls' future plans? It felt wrong that he had no role or mention in The Marvels.

At the time he was, if I have the sequence right, out of contact.

Rabulias

At the time he was, if I have the sequence right, out of contact.
Right, but if I was someone who just watched the films, and had heard nothing about Secret Invasion, how would I know that? When last we saw Talos in the films, he was acting as Fury on Earth. Carol and he were friends by the end of Captain Marvel; I would think she would call on him to help with a Skrull issue. Just my pet peeve.

pukunui

Legend
Right, but if I was someone who just watched the films, and had heard nothing about Secret Invasion, how would I know that? When last we saw Talos in the films, he was acting as Fury on Earth. Carol and he were friends by the end of Captain Marvel; I would think she would call on him to help with a Skrull issue. Just my pet peeve.
So maybe The Marvels does take place after Secret Invasion, in which case Carol can't call on Talos because he's dead.

Rabulias

So maybe The Marvels does take place after Secret Invasion, in which case Carol can't call on Talos because he's dead.
Of course. But again, for those who just watch the movies, there is no way to know this. This also brings up the fact that a Skrull faction was working to take over Earth. As much as Carol feels a responsibility to the Skrulls, I am sure she would be more careful about sending a bunch of random Skrulls to Earth if some of them could be aligned with that group. Anyway, I will drop this, as I really want to just pretend Secret Invasion did not happen...

GreyLord

Legend
Of course. But again, for those who just watch the movies, there is no way to know this. This also brings up the fact that a Skrull faction was working to take over Earth. As much as Carol feels a responsibility to the Skrulls, I am sure she would be more careful about sending a bunch of random Skrulls to Earth if some of them could be aligned with that group. Anyway, I will drop this, as I really want to just pretend Secret Invasion did not happen...

Well...officially it didn't...right...because that's a secret...

:p;)

Remove ads