Trailer Madame Web | Official Trailer

Thomas Shey

Legend
I
I suspect the 1st Spiderwoman, Jessica Drew is being reserved for the MCU, that us why she doesn't appear in this movie, leaving them with the B, C, and D versions of Spiderman/girl (but they each still have their cool stories lines).

I did wonder about that, since though I've been out of comics for some years I'll still read random things about various continuities, and it seemed a little odd to have the second, third and fourth Spider-Women but not the first. But your suggestion makes sense.

I did wonder about that, since though I've been out of comics for some years I'll still read random things about various continuities, and it seemed a little odd to have the second, third and fourth Spider-Women but not the first. But your suggestion makes sense.

Well the fourth Spiderwoman was called Spidergirl, likely because she might have overlapped with another Spiderwoman.

But I think the Jessica Drew for the MCU makes alot of sense, because outside of Spiderman and maybe Black Cat, JD is the biggest hero name in Spiderman comics, so they want to reserve her for the major leagues, the MCU.

It also ignores the fact that "The Marvels" almost certainly was supposed to come out before "Secret Invasion" originally, and thus the sequence is not so much ignoring the show events come out after the movie. But letting the likely intended reality to get in the way of being snarky is, of course, never a thing one does.

From what I've heard and seen of Secret Invasion, ignoring it might be a strength for the Marvels.

Thomas Shey

Legend
From what I've heard and seen of Secret Invasion, ignoring it might be a strength for the Marvels.

I tend to vigorously disagree with a lot of (what to me seem) hot takes on Marve['s productions, but even I'll admit that Secret Invasion is not one of their stronger products. it was weaker than either of the shows that bracketed it (and that works whether you count Werewolf by Night or not).

But the point was that to act like they're ignoring it without noting that the release on the movie referenced was delayed in release is jumping to conclusion to support one's personal narrative. There are realities that have nothing to do with narrative intent (and to be clear, this is not directed at you).

pukunui

Legend
While I agree that The Marvels most likely is meant to occur before Secret Invasion, I can’t help but wonder why the latter makes no mention of Emperor Droge.

My point being: regardless of intended sequential order, there really is zero connective tissue between them, despite what Sam Jackson may have said.

Reef

Hero
Yeah, while it might be that it was supposed to run before, it didn’t. And there was nothing in either one to indicate that there was any connection, no matter what order they ran in.

If they wanted to show them out of order, they at the very least needed to give us some indication of that. Just like the end credit of Antman and the Wasp showed clear.y that the movie was happening before/concurrently with Infinity War.

No matter which order they are canonically supposed to happen, there are incompatible story elements between the two that make no sense. Personally, I reconcile that by pretending Secret Invasion never happened…

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
While I agree that The Marvels most likely is meant to occur before Secret Invasion, I can’t help but wonder why the latter makes no mention of Emperor Droge.

My point being: regardless of intended sequential order, there really is zero connective tissue between them, despite what Sam Jackson may have said.

it did mention Emperor Droges faction living on their planet…

Either way the ignore each other (if Marvels was suppose to be before SI then Fury didnt know about Valkyrie giving the Skrulls asylum)

Thomas Shey

Legend

It does, just not by name. It doesn't mention he's on Earth, but the New Asgardians may be concealing him.

Still kind of disagree.

pukunui

Legend
it did mention Emperor Droges faction living on their planet…
Did it? I can't remember, and I'm not going to rewatch it just to confirm ... ;)

Regardless, I would have thought the skrull emperor would have been involved in the Secret Invasion plot somehow, even if it was just a matter of the bad skrull faction taking steps to ensure that the emperor and his faction didn't find out about their plans. (Or attempting to assassinate him to get him out of the way.)

Still kind of disagree.
In what way? Having watched both, I couldn't see any ways in which they connected.

Last edited:

Remove ads