• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Savage Tide, Act 1 - There Is No Honor

Malvoisin

First Post
(OOC: I want to get this first round posted before I have to leave for work, so I'm going to go ahead and NPC Chongo this time, Gwyd.)

COMBAT ROUND 1

Keoni grabs ahold of the rope ladder, and climbs aboard the Blue Nixie as quickly as he can. He grabs his spear's haft and prepares to to battle!

Vark's thugs are quick to leap to the attack, and stab viciously at the 'diplomatic' assembly on the ship's port side. Keoni, Col, and Kalen all take wounds from rapier blades as the ferocious assault commences.

Kalen tries to strike back with an enchantment, in hopes of disabling some of the assailants, but in the midst of the fracas, his concentration lapses, and the spell slips from his mind.

Col has better luck, reciting a prayer that he hopes will help defend him against the foes. Wanting to escape the clash of blades, he tries to slip away from the press of thugs, but rather feels the steel of a rapier slide into his back. He slumps to the ship's deck, bleeding badly.

Seeing an opening, Anar climbs aboard the Nixie with his rapier between his teeth. He stands ready to exact vengeance for his fallen comrade.

Soller Vark yells at Keoni, "Let's see how yeh fight without yer spear, tribesman, eh?" He lashes out at Keoni's spear, trying to knock it away from him, but Keoni manages to hold on.

On the other side of the ship, the pair of thugs that spotted Damash and Chongo advance, lashing out at the pair with their own rapiers. While Chongo manages to duck under his attacker's blade, Damash is not so lucky, sustaining a wound in the arm.

Damash counterattacks with his shortspear, wounding one thug seriously with a thrust to the gut. Suddenly, from behind, a brightly glowing ball of lightning slams into the back of the same thug, causing him to fall to the deck with a scream as tiny sparks play about his convulsing frame. Damash sees Nicolai, a bedraggled fellow in a red coat who seems to be the source of the magical assault.

Chongo, fighting at close quarters now, drops his javelin and draws forth his own spear, thrusting it into the midsection of the other nearby thug. The thug grunts in pain and falls hard to the Blue Nixie's deck, where he lies motionless.

END ROUND 1

(OOC: Note, Land Outast, I was unsure what you meant by having Nicolai 'climb the stairs' to end his turn. Did that mean you want him to ascend to the Forecastle Deck? I left him off the map for now, until you can clarify for me. Thanks!)

Code:
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | |x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x| | | |
| | |x|/| |*|*| | | | | |[b][COLOR=Silver]D[/COLOR][/b]|*|*| | |/|x| | | |
| | |x| | | | | | | |[b][COLOR=DarkOrchid]C[/COLOR][/b]| | | | | | | |D| | | |
| | |D| | | | | |\|!| |#|#| | | | |\|x| | | |
| | |x| |[b][COLOR=Yellow]V[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=Yellow]1[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=Yellow]2[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=Yellow]3[/COLOR][/b]| | | |#|[b][COLOR=RoyalBlue]N[/COLOR][/b]| | | | | |x| | | |
| | |x|/|[b][COLOR=Yellow]4[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]K[/COLOR][/b]|[b][COLOR=Red]A[/COLOR][/b]| |[b][COLOR=Teal]K[/COLOR][/b]| | | | | | | | |/|x| | | |
| | |x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|x| | | |
Key: /=Stairs or Ladder Up; \=Stairs or Ladder Down; !=Mast; 
*=Lifeboat; #=Floor Grate

Note: I made the villains Yellow this time, so they are more visible. ;)

ROUND 2 INITIATIVE

1. Keoni
2. Thugs 1,2,3,4
3. Kalen
4. Thugs 5,6
4. Col (Dying)
5. Anar
6. Damash
7. Nicolai
8. Soller Vark
9. Chongo

STATUS UPDATE

Keoni 7/11 hp; Kalen 3/7 hp; Col -5/6 hp, Dying; Anar 8/8 hp; Damash 3/10 hp; Nicolai 4/4 hp; Chongo 14/14 hp.
Thugs 1,2,3,4 unharmed. Thug #5 -10 hp, dying; Thug #6 -11 hp, Dying. Soller Vark unharmed.
Keoni's Aura: Power (+1 melee damage w/in 30')
Col: Shield of Faith (9 rounds remain)

Actions for Round 2?

ROUND 1 SUMMARY
[sblock]
1. Keoni, having already gathered his weapons, climbs the rope ladder onto the ship, then draws his spear. (2 move actions)

2. Thug #1 makes a 5' step, attacks Keoni with Rapier. Attack roll is 16, hits for 4 damage. Keoni now at 7/11 hp.

3. Thug #2 attacks Col with rapier. Rolls 20! Crit roll is 16, confirmed critical! Damage total is...4 :( That has to be the lamest critical hit ever! Col now at 2/6 hp.

4. Thug #3 attacks Kalen with rapier. Roll 12, hits for 4 damage. Kalen now at 3/7 hp.

5. Thug #4 moves 15', attacks Keoni with rapier. Roll 13, misses!

6. Kalen takes a 5' step, casts defensively Color Spray. Concentration Check, roll 3! Fails check, loses spell.

7. Thug #5 takes 5' step, attacks Damash with rapier. Rolls 13, hits for 7 damage (ouch!) Damash now at 3/10 hp.

8. Thug #6 moves 20' (over the grate), attacks Chongo with rapier. Rolls 2, misses.

9. Col casts defensively Shield of Faith. Concentration Check, rolls 13, succeeds! (AC +2) Begins move action, incurs AOO from Thug #1. Thug's Attack roll is 16, hits for 7 damage! Col now at -5/6 hp, and dying.

10. Anar climbs aboard the ship and draws his rapier. (2 move actions)

11. Damash attacks Thug #5 with shortspear. Rolls 14, hits for 5 damage.

12. Nicolai casts Lesser Orb of Electricity at Thug #5. Ranged Touch Attack, rolls 12. Hits for 5 damage. Thug #5 goes down!

13. Soller Vark makes Disarm attack vs. Keoni. Keoni gets an AOO, rolls 7, misses. Opposed weapon check. Vark rolls 4, Keoni rolls 17. Keoni wins! Keoni tries to counter-disarm Vark. Keoni rolls 10, Vark rolls 10, Vark wins! No disarming occurs either way.

14. Chongo takes a 5' step, drops javelin,, draws spear. Attacks thug #6 with spear, rolls 11. Hits for 11 damage! Thug #6 does down!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As Col feels the rapier split his innards, he is heard to say, "I knew that Tritherite was no good...."

OOC: Why does this seem familiar... :)

Rhun

First Post
Anar, his blade now securely back in hand, lunges at the nearest foe. "Have at thee, scallywag!"

Attack vrs. Thug 2: +2 rapier (damage 1d6+3/18-20 - includes Keoni's aura)
HP: 8/8, AC: 16

hafrogman

Adventurer
Having taken one wound already, Keoni pulls his shield from his back and holds it in front of him as he attempts to thin the number of foes which surround him. He grimaces as he sees the old lunatic go down with a blade in his back, but there is little that can be done about it now. He spares only a moment to respond in kind to Vark's taunt.

"I think I'll keep it, if it's all the same to you!"

[sblock=ooc]MA: Ready shield, AC to 16
SA: Attack thug #4. Attack +1, 1d6+2 dmg (w/aura). 20/x3

Where is Col's body?
What would happen if I switched to my fast healing aura. . . would he stabilize and start healing? Or continue to bleed to death?[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
hafrogman said:
Where is Col's body?
In the gap between K can A.
hafrogman said:
What would happen if I switched to my fast healing aura. . . would he stabilize and start healing? Or continue to bleed to death?
That is my reading of the ability. But I might be biased. ;)

Voadam

Legend
Gritting his teeth at the pain Kalen backs up a step then unleashes his prismatic spray of magic.

ooc 5' step to the side out of AoO range then color spray.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Chongo lets out a wild, animalistic snarl as he sees his friend Col fall to the ground. His tattooed face twists as he charges towards the mass of sailors, and he raises his spear over his head and stabs downward at his first target.

[sblock]Going into rage and moving towards the mass of sailors. I'm going to try to position myself in the middle of the mess of them all, and stab whomever is closest to Col with the spear. If that's not feasible, then I'll move towards the closest sailor and stab him.[/sblock]

Land Outcast

Explorer
OOC: The initial idea was indeed to get onto the forecastle, but given the rapid felling of enemies he would actually move (4L, 1D) while playing once again with nice sparks

Almost dancing, supporting his turns with the spear's butt tapped on the wood, the man in the captain's coat moves until he has a good shot for the next sailor...

OOC: Again, move to get a clear shot if needed, and shoot.

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
OOC: Why does this seem familiar... :)
OOC: stonegod, you're the one who keeps making low hp characters and getting them mixed up in the middle of melee. You have only yourself to blame.... ;)

Well, yourself and James Jacobs. (That's my new mantra....Blame James Jacobs :) )

Malvoisin

First Post
hafrogman said:
What would happen if I switched to my fast healing aura. . . would he stabilize and start healing? Or continue to bleed to death?
OOC: I will rule that Keoni's fast healing aura will allow Col to stabilize and begin regaining hit points.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads