• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[March] What are you playing?

Enforcer

Explorer
World of Warcraft in brief sessions--still only 61 with my main. At some point I'd like to finish Gun on my Xbox, but this one mission keeps kicking my butt.

Allura

First Post
Just finished the campaign for GalCiv2: Dark Avatar. I've also been playing Sims 2, with the Seasons expansion. I'm thinking of picking up NWN2 or DarkStar One again. I just haven't had a lot of time, and I haven't wanted to get involved with anything that didn't have easy save points. With GalCiv, I can usually talk myself into quitting after the next tech. Not that it always works...

TwistedBishop

First Post
Happily I just built a new PC for gaming, so it's time for Supreme Commander for me.

Also really looking forward to Command & Conquer 3 later this month. The demo reminded me how much I used to enjoy FMV in the mid-90s. I may actually be one of three people alive who ever played all the way through Sewer Shark.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I've been playing the Puzzle Quest demo a lot. I think I've played it more than I've played some actual RPGs. Once you finish the demo portion of the quest, you can still build up your stronghold, including building a forge to make new items. And to make new items, you can go around searching for new pieces. Which has all new critters to fight.

John Crichton

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Yeah, and most people survive playing Russian Roulette. But when you lose, it really sucks.
Sure, but I don't see the two as similar at all. I've read the horrors of the old Stardock software but the new stuff seems to be great from most accounts. And sure, no software is going to work properly on every system 100% of the time.

That's why I typically stay away from PC gaming if a I can. There is always that slight chance that I won't be able to get it to work. :(

John Crichton

First Post
Welverin said:
Forgot about this when I first posted, really looking forward to it myself.
Yeah, still waiting for my copy from amazon. Should be here soon.

Welverin said:
So desperate to justify the small fortune you traded away for it that you're counting PS2 games?
Naw, I was talking about Motorstorm. ;)

NBA Street for PS3 has been great so far. Except that I hate the chargen system and hope they give more options in the next version.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
John Crichton said:
Sure, but I don't see the two as similar at all. I've read the horrors of the old Stardock software but the new stuff seems to be great from most accounts. And sure, no software is going to work properly on every system 100% of the time.

Then it shouldn't forcibly install itself and autorun on startup, then. So when it doesn't work properly, it doesn't take the PC with it.

I indeed may be the only person whose computer was trashed by it, but I really don't understand why you seem to think it's unreasonable that I don't want to use it again.

Neo

Explorer
UFO: Afterlight nice game little bad to be said about it beyond the annoyance i have personally about not being able to name my own team members STILL!

CoH/CoV still enjoy this game, A new update coming that will add a crafting system and auction houses. And I really liked the idea behind the Veterans Reward program, I think that is a notion more MMORPG's should embrace as it encourages long term subscription above and beyond the norm. But this said it isnt all roses, the missions are fairly bland and incredibly repetitive, also some of the opponents just dont scream Hero genre to me, i'd much rather be facing more npc style super villains than you actually do, i'd also have loved for more environments, outer level, different dimensions, different time periods, lost pangeas etc... to embrace all the best of what Super Hero genres have to offer, and some more GLOBAL events that all playing can get involved in that thier actually are. Also i'd love to see more power sets, Hero style Masterminds (Longbow officer, Animal Controller, Summoners (spirits, demons, shadows or whatever), a power set to have a Sidekick as a pet would itself have been very cool kind of MM. Water Control powers would have been awesome and more selection in weapons (dual pistols for heroes for example), light based powers (i know the kheldian powers are kinda lightish but if you play villains you see some enemies using actual light based powers, i want those powersets to be available to us). Shapechangers (take on different forms, bear for tanking, cat for scrapping, bird for flying, fish for swimming etc...), Mimics (can replicate a targeted enemy or allies power for a short time at your own level of ability...giving you a super skrullesque type of toon). I'd also love to have seen more destructable environments, in a supers game i want to knock people through walls, or hit them with lamposts, drop buses on them etc... and you just cant :(

WoW BC new races were great but the shine wore off pretty quick as most of the new content is solely for level 45's plus and as I only have an army of 30's im not likely to be seeing any of it any time soon.

Tried Titan Quest too... personally I dont get the hype with this nice era, but it is essentially just a brainless mass of wave after wave of continuous pointless combat with a bunch of items you inevitably sell and nothing more... it is the worst of the ideas behind some games like Diablowith a new face.. a bit of a disappointment im afraid. I still hold out hopes for a decent ancient Greece/Rome/Egypt RPG type game.

NeverWinter nights 2, played it but not a lot nowehere near as much as I did NWN 1, not so keen on the new perspective, camera control and it just hasnt grabbed me in being as open to roam where you will as you could in the first.

I am however looking forward to the release of Lord of the Rings online.. im hoping it will be as good as the previews, reviews ive read seem to make it sound. I'm a huge tolkien fan so this an appeal was a given for me. My only reservations so far have been that Codemasters other games ive tried (RF online and D&D online) both sucked in a major way (although RF online is undisputably a pretty game).

Grog

First Post
Just finished God of War II. Big thumbs up from me - lots of fantastic action sequences interspersed with intuitive puzzles and only one really annoying platforming part (and even that was nowhere near as bad as the Path of Hades in the first game). I'm not quite sure how it compares to the first one - it's probably about as good, I'd say.

One thing I don't like, though, is that the challenges seem to be a LOT more difficult than the ones from the first game. I don't know if I'll bother with unlocking everything in this one (I did in the original). I just don't know if I can take that much frustration.

Other than that, though, great game.

John Crichton

First Post
trancejeremy said:
I indeed may be the only person whose computer was trashed by it, but I really don't understand why you seem to think it's unreasonable that I don't want to use it again.
I don't think it's unreasonable for you to think anything bad about a product that didn't treat you right. I wouldn't trust that company again for a while, if ever. I'm just giving the other side since I really enjoy their products.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads