• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue grins. "Oh, sure. That sounds reasonable."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 30 Current: 22 [15 nonlethal]
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +5
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
--Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2)
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, detect magic, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Okay," says Shem, "but we'll need to enter seperately - maybe the Captain with me, then Hang with Blue, then Mal. And we don't know each other. But stick closely in case it kicks off." He looks up at the larger men. "You can do what you do so well."

By the time Mal enters the dive bar, Shem is talking to the red talon and buying drinks at the bar. You can more or less hear what's being said, at the moment just bland pleasantries and Shem's usual blather. Eventually, several shots of jinka rum down the line, Shem brings up the tattoo, and the man goes cagey.

"What's it to you?" he asks.

"Nothing, nothing," says Shem quickly. "I didn't mean to cause offence, hey, we're all friends here, right? Only I've got some friends want to travel through the Tuuma Strait and I heard that someone with a mark like that might know how to get through it safely, if you catch my drift."

The red talon narrows his eyes. "Who are these friends?" he asks.

"Erm...," says Shem. He almost looks around to Mal, but Ying steps up instead.

"The ship's called the Shadow Lark," he says.

"Cargo?"

"Just passengers, nothing of value."

There is a long pause whilst the red talon sizes up Ying and Shem.

"Someone will come to you," he says. He gestures with a nod towards the door. "Reckon it's time for you to leave now, friend."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

Blue sits at a tiny, filthy table with Hang and a cup of the nastiest rotgut he's ever tasted. He didn't think there could be anything worse tasting than the tea his salsham'ai mentor drank but, surprisingly, this sour alcoholic drink seems to have managed it. Hang and Blue aren't talking much, just trying to eavesdrop and look like they aren't and Blue is pretty certain he isn't doing it very well.

Blue shifts nervously on the bench.

--Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2)

Shaman Spells
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang

Catching the body language and the way Shem reacts, Hang stand up slowly, while whispering "we're leaving." to Blue. He dedicates a short lived glance at the pirate, and turns to leave.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Mal enters the bar a little after the others and takes a table by himself, propping his great bow on the wall beside him. After flagging down a barmaid and ordering an ale he sips quietly, keeping an ear on Shem and his conversation. When Hang and Blue head out, Mal sips his ale until he's finished it - about five more minutes - then leaves himself.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

Blue looks a little surprised. "Oh. Already? Ok." He slides to the end of the bench to follow Hang then inexplicably reaches over, picks up the small cup of hard liquor he had in front of him and downs it in a large gulp. He grimaces than quickly shuffles after Hang.

--Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2)

Shaman Spells
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Shortly, when the pary has regrouped elsewhere:

"I hope I didn't mess that up," says Shem. "I mean, now these pirates know our ship and all."

"I gave them the name of the Lark," says Ying. "How do you lot want to play this? Want to be there when the Red Talons come calling. Might, er, might be useful to have some more muscle around in case they were thinking of violence," he adds.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang

"Yes, I think making our presence relatively noted will warn them that we are no easy prey, and at the same time bolster their confidence in case the chose to fool us. I will stay behind with some of the crew, Mal a, Blue and the rest will go up front. This way they'll probably send less men if they plan to betray us." Hang offers

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

"You did an excellent job, Shem." Blue grins mischievously. "Almost pays your way on this pleasure cruise." He turns to the others. "So now we wait. If nothing happens before all of our supplies are loaded then I'd suggest we sail on and take our chances. Now, however, I'm going to find a spot out of the way and take a nap." He winks at Hang. "Stern, of course."

--Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2)

Shaman Spells