• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Menace of the Icy Spire (Ozymandias79 judging)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]

For some reason I can't get invisiblecastle to come up. Shorrin doesn't have anyone that he can attack (and is stuck in place), so if you would please roll 2 saves for me I would appreciate it.

[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Balth's Actions]
If Balth doesn't post by tonight, I'm going to NPC him.

I see from my notes he hasn't used an AP yet this fight. I think his best action is to run out, make a Standard action, and then use his AP to run back under cover. Two questions:

Should his Standard be to take a pot-shot at one of the ranged attackers (most in-character) or to grant Shorrin a Heal check (better long-term plan, IMHO)? And should he run out and then duck back into the dining room, or keep going across the hall so you're not all trapped in the same room?
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Balth fires two more arrows into the chest of his quarry. A large chunk of it breaks off and falls from the balcony to shatter on the floor below; the rest slumps back in a heap. The frostling howls.

[sblock=Balth's Action]
Standard: Twin Strike at Icicle Hurler 1 (1d20+8=19, 1d20+8=16, 1d10=6, 1d10=10, 1d8=8) Hit twice for 24 damage, killing it!
Move: to C6

Unfortunately he can't see any enemies from there, so even though he has a minor action left he can't use Hunter's Quarry.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shorrin's Action]
Save vs Immobilize; Save vs Slow (1d20=8, 1d20=7)

Still stuck!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status update]
The text file with all my notes got corrupted, so I've lost track of what resources everyone's spent. Can you please post how many healing surges you have left, plus all encounter and daily powers used so far? (Including action points and second wind.)

I'm out of time to go through and find out what Larinza and Balth have used already, so if somebody could go back through the thread and figure that out that'd be great. Otherwise I'll do that tomorrow. If she has a Second Wind available, presumably Larinza will use it; otherwise, do you think she should risk dashing out and making a Heal check to give Balth a save?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Murphy sees the situation getting out of hand, then looks to the others and calls out "We should move outside, draw them to us, or let us recover our strength" as he moves outside, crouching in a defensive stance.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: to H0 (Just outside the main room, sorry if it screws with your map)
Minor: n/a
Standard: Total Defense (+2 to all defenses, not accounted for below)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Resources used]
Larinza's used both healing words, Bastion of Defense

Balth's used Two-Fanged Strike, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, he woul've used 2 HS's
[/sblock]

[sblock=Larinza]
I'd suggest having her move in, try and heal Shorrin to get him out, we should move outside and try to draw the enemies from their current position or try to take a short rest maybe?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Murphy stat block]Murphy Tang- Male (Human) Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 12
AC:16, Fort:12, Ref:15, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Per-Day 7/8
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eyebite, Change Shape, Witchfire, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

Last edited:

balth

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm very sorry everyone. I'm VP of a Credit Union, and we're undergoing a massive data processor conversion that's going to last for the next 6 months; the ramp-up is why I've been laggy.

I'm going to have to withdraw from the game; I simply don't have the time to check that I used to.

Please pew pew me, that's what Balth would do. Stoically stand back and fire arrows until everything is dead/everyone's made a retreat, and follow on filling things with arrows as needed.

Thank you for the game, and again my sincerest apologies.

Mark/Balth
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads