Metal School

haiduk

Explorer
Thank you.

Yeah, same intro riff but the drums behind it add variation.

This one has a few more guitar layers:

Last edited:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Two fine bands I've yet to see mentioned in this thread at all:

Sabaton - songs about historic wars and battles, told from all points of view in fine metal form. They're European but I forget wich country they're from (Sweden?).

Lordi - costumed bangers from Finland who won (!) Eurovision 2006, sing about monsters and ghosts mainly (one of their songs directly inspired an adventure I wrote and ran some years back)

Both bands have numerous albums out - 8 I think for Lordi and I'm not sure how many for Sabaton - and both are, as far as I know, still going.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve been listening to more rock than metal these days...at least in terms of the younger bands. Too many Cookie Monster vox (still), too much droptuning to the point of hiding bass players’ skills or lack thereof.

Nagol

Unimportant

Sabaton - songs about historic wars and battles, told from all points of view in fine metal form. They're European but I forget wich country they're from (Sweden?).

Lordi - costumed bangers from Finland who won (!) Eurovision 2006, sing about monsters and ghosts mainly (one of their songs directly inspired an adventure I wrote and ran some years back)

Both bands have numerous albums out - 8 I think for Lordi and I'm not sure how many for Sabaton - and both are, as far as I know, still going.

I've become a big Sabaton fan. It had a large cast change in 2012 and a bit of turnover since then. The earbook version of Heroes has a stupendous For Whom the Bell Tolls cover.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Seems Sabaton got in a wreck the other day. Had to cancel at least one show.

Brightside: maybe they get a song out of it, a la Deep Purple & “Smoke on the Water”.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases