[MM2e] Salton City Needs Heroes! Episode 1: Premiere

hafrogman

Adventurer
[sblock=Apologies]Sorry, I'm a bad frog. :( I kind of got distracted by the situation with Reveille. And then I was going to post yesterday, except the whole site went kablooie. I'm here.[/sblock]

The Ten-Foot Pole impacts the sidewalk face-first with what should have been a bone-shattering 'splat', but instead sounds more like a bone-bending 'sproing'. He bounces a couple of feet back into the air, and twists around, landing on his feet.

He glares at Igor, irritated at having missed, but the Russian's similar misfortune lightens his spirit somewhat.

"If you keep shooting like that, I'll have you disarmed in no time!"

He sprints after the assassin, trying to stop him by any means neccessary.

[sblock=ooc]Speed = 35 (due to elongation 1)
If I can get close enough (within 10ft), I'm going to try and grapple him.
Attack +4
Grapple +6 (I believe. +3 Str, +2 Attack, +1 Elongation)

Otherwise I'll "Pole-Arm!" if within 15 feet.
Attack +4
Damage DC 19

Otherwise, I'll just run.

Wow. I can't believe I made that save. Since I did save, it doesn't matter, but did that already include the -4 falling damage DC from the 2 ranks of Bouncing?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[sblock="No Apologies needed"]
No need to apologize Froggy. What's happening with Rev has effected the entire hive (if not enworld) in one way or another. He's a good guy. He doesn't deserve it, neither does Mandy, and it sucks realizing that the likely hood of Mandy giving us the worst possible news just increased today. But we can't abandon all hope ya know.. [/sblock]

"If you keep shooting like that, I'll have you disarmed in no time!" The 10 foot Pole chances after Igor and attempts to grab him...
Attack: 1d20+4=21 vs 15 -> Success!
Grapple 1d20+6=23vs 11 --> Success!

He then yanked hard on Igor's body in a painful looking manor, making it seem almost as if Igor was a rag doll.
Igor Tough: 8 vs 18 ---> Fail!

">Gaah!<"

[sblock="ooc"]
It wasn't. Since you already rolled a twenty and rolled over the preadjusted DC there wasn't any real reason to subtract Bounce's reduction from the listed DC. (Yes I got lazy).[/sblock]

[sblock="Round 5 Init"]
Mr. TV: 22
Rabid Fox : 17
Kitsune: 16
Viking: 15
10' Pole: 14
Igor the Untouchable: 14 *Grappled* *Stunned*
Cafe Gunman :12
"SWAT A": 11
"SWAT C": 9 *Grappled* *Stunned*
"SWAT D": 8
[/sblock]

[sblock="Status Report"]
Igor: Stunned / Bruised 2 / Staggered
Cafe Gunman: Bruised 2 / Injured 2

SWAT C: Stunned / Bruised 3
SWAT D: Bruised 1 / Staggered

Captain Superior: Injured / Disabled / Unconscious / Dying
Driver Status: Unconscious
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, Keiko thought. Two enemies, with guns, they only have to get lucky once. What do you do when you're outnumbered, and can't run?

Under the kitsune mask, she suddenly grinned. Yeah.

SWAT trooper A watches in dismay as the masked woman he's fighting fades from sight! Soft pattering footsteps are barely audible on the concrete...it sounds like she might be circling behind him!

Keiko then crafts an image of herself, as if snapping back into visibility just as she was in the process of starting to attack the SWAT trooper with a sword! The image is crouched low, holding the sword as if she means to cut his legs out from under him...or perhaps go for a tenderer place altogether.

And of course, directly behind the illusion? SWAT Trooper D, reaching for his gun.

(OOC - Basically going invis, and making illusion of Kitsune attacking from behind. Trying to arrange illusion to obscure the presence of SWAT D, as well as put SWAT D in the line of fire. Not sure if a roll is needed for that, it seems like it'd be reasonable to use an attack roll to place the illusion correctly...)

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Ten-Foot Pole smiles to himself as he gets a hand on Igor, and quickly wraps him up. Long limbs are good for some things.

"You weren't thinking of going anywhere, were you? I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd like to have a chat."

He tries to get a more secure grip on the assassin, while craning his neck around to look for any of the police officers.

*Note to self: get handcuffs*

[sblock=ooc]Grapple +6 to try and pin.
Any police around?[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Salton City Hospital
A gerney quickly arrives to the hallway. Before Mr. Tv knows it, Captain Superior is out of his hands and his being sent away to the emergancy room.

[sblock=OOC] The doctors do not need Mr. TV's help. At this point, Mr. TV can stick around just "in case" or head back to where the main action is to wrap things up.[/sblock]

Salton City Plaza

Rabid Fox Slashed at the cafe gunman. "If protecting these people's lives mean you'll have to die, then so be it!"
attack: 1d20+6=23 vs 11 --> Success!
Gunman Tough: 6 vs 16 --> Fail!
Status: Stunned / Bruised 3 / Injured 3 / Staggered / Disabled

The gunman crumbled to the ground, and is barely able to keep conscious.

Like a ninja, Kitsune vanished in a puff of smoke...
"Attack:"1d20+3=20 vs 10. --> Success!
OOC: Yeah, I'll be an "attack" since in standard d20 you are basically targeting a specific square for your illusion.

...then seemingly reappears behind SWAT A so that she is directly between SWAT A and SWAT D.

"You think you cleaver ninja girl? Well guess what, I can hear you!!" SWAT A spins around and opens fire onto the illusion.
attack: 24 vs 15 ----> CRITICAL HIT!
SD Toughness: 9 v 25 ---> Fail!
SD Status: Stunned / Bruised 2 / Injured 1 / Staggered / Disabled / Dying
SD Stability: 9 vs. 10 ----> Fail!
SD Status: DEAD

"Kenny? Was that you...? Oh crap! I KILLED KENNY!! YOU BASTARD!"

"You weren't thinking of going anywhere, were you? I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd like to have a chat."

The 10 foot pole tried to force Igor to the ground...
Grapple (Pin): 1d20+6=19 vs 13 ---> Success!
... and manages to pin him down. Igor struggled to free himself, to no avail.
Grapple (escape): 8 vs 1d20+6=22 --> Fail!

">I will not talk to no yankee pig!!<

ooc: There are cops in the area. They are, for the most part, blocking off the streets that head into the plaza area and have gone into lock down mode to prevent people from leaving the near by buildings. After all, it's best not to to get into the way of a bunch of super heroes when they are trashing fighting crime within a neighborhood.

I'll finish this round once I get Ginnel and Blackrat's responses/actions.

[sblock="Status Report"]
Igor: PINNED Bruised 2 / Staggered
Cafe Gunman: Stunned / Bruised 3 / Injured 3 / Staggered / Disabled

SWAT C: Stunned / Bruised 3

Captain Superior: Injured / Disabled / Unconscious / Dying

SWAT B: FLED
SWAT D: DEAD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Sven stares at the man in his hands and blinks. He had not only stayed conscious after a headbutt, but even after two. Only one man had been as tough before and Sven stares at this one suspiciously. "Är yü Yrish?!" He asks as he starts shaking the man violently. "Ieg hat yrish!" Finally he slams the man at the ground, headfirst.

[sblock=OOC]Standard attack again, and keep the grap.[/sblock]

Ginnel

Explorer
Forest Gump morphs into Mr TV replete with shades

"Cheers for the hand Doc" Says Mr TV with a smile as Captain Superior is wheeled away

"Its now time for Mr TV to rejoin the Salton Stars I'll check on the cap later!"

Mr TV starts to leave the building morphing into a blue cartoon styled feathered shape.

[sblock=Meep Meep]
roadrunner.jpg

[/sblock]

"MEEP MEEP!" a cloud of smoke is left where the cartoon form of the road runner was, and the annoying blue blur heads towards the town hall.

[sblock=ooc]
Hmm I'm aware these actions may well take longer than a round, which is cool.
Road runners basic stats will be maximum reflex save and defence, all the others will be normal for Mr TV.
He will also have superspeed 8 ranks
[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Mr. Tv reverted back to his natural form. "Cheers for the hand Doc. Its now time for Mr TV to rejoin the Salton Stars I'll check on the cap later!" He then turned into the Road Runner.

"MEEP MEEP!" Mr. Tv rushes out of the building traveling faster than Mach 1.

[sblock="OOC"]
Technically... it can be done through Extra Effort (surge for an extra move action) and the expenditure of a hero point (to avoid fatigue).[/sblock]

The Viking shook SWAT C violently. "Är yü Yrish?!"

SWAT C smiled. "Yeah they call me Fisty McHeadPunch... That's what I plan to do your ugly Swedish face..."

"Ieg hat yrish!" The Viking slammed SWAT C face first into the ground.

Grapple: 1d20+15=27 vs 18 ---> Success!
Attack: 1d20+6=20 vs 13 Attack Not Critical.
SC Tough 9 vs 21 --> FAIL

SWAT C barely held onto consciousness.

[sblock="Round 6 Init"]
Mr. TV: 22
Rabid Fox : 17
Kitsune: 16
Viking: 15
10' Pole: 14
Igor the Untouchable: 14 *Grappled/Pinned* *Stunned*
Cafe Gunman :12 *Stunned*
"SWAT A": 11
"SWAT C": 9 *Grappled* *Stunned*
[/sblock]

[sblock="Status Report"]
Igor: Bruised 2 / Staggered
Cafe Gunman: Stunned / Bruised 3 / Injured 3 / Staggered / Disabled
SWAT C: Stunned / Bruised 4 / Staggered

Captain Superior: HOSPITALIZED
SWAT B: FLED
SWAT D: DEAD

[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Ten-Foot Pole twists his neck around to face the nearest police officer. He raises his voices to carry over the sounds of Russian swearing beneath him and calls out.

"Excuse me, officer! I have made a citizen's arrest of this man during his attempt to encompass the assassination of a city employee. If you could see your way fit to assist me in restraining him."

Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune's illusion beamed at the foe in his SWAT uniform. The kitsune mask it wore seemed to grin mockingly at him.

"I encourage you to drop your weapon and surrender," it informed him in a polite, lilting tone with just a hint of amusement behind it, "Before you or any of your other allies are injured."

Ugh...I almost forgot the ad!

Keiko quickly had the image appear to put on a replica of the team hat she'd been supposed to wear, and starting counting down in her head. It was important not to give too much time, or all sponsors would come to expect the same.

Now the SWAT gunman faced a sleek girl in an armored bodysuit with a kitsune mask...and a Japanese baseball team hat on.

As she waited for the gunman's response, Keiko tensed herself and prepared to give him a telekinetically enhanced wallop, much like his now-dead friend had gotten.

(OOC - Free action to control illusion, standard action to Delay my action. Readying a melee attack (with TK boost) if the SWAT guy doesn't surrender. Note that she won't turn visible first, which gives her +2 to hit if he hasn't got a means of detecting her.)

Remove ads