• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

murals?

Wolfspirit

First Post
Anyone have any experience with murals or painting with a wall as your canvas? I'd been meaning to do one for the past couple of years, and after a particuraly boring afternoon... I well... have a pretty nice dragon sketch on my wall ;) I have no clue how it happened, one second there was a normal blue wall, the next a dragon with a 3 foot wingspan. :D

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated. I'm especially interested in how to make scales on a wall

Raflar

First Post
Yeah I have a lot of experience painting murals... just check out my personal webspace....

http://www.raflar.com/planetraf/murals.html

For the most part I use household latex paint (for large murals) and artists Acrylic paint (from tubes) for small ones.

You should make sure the surface is clean before you paint and if it's oil based paint then you need to prime it first. As a rule of thumb, most walls are painted with latex and wood trim and doors are painted in oil. If you're not sure... prime anyway.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me direct at raf@raflar.com

This is the first time I looked in this forum so I might not remember to check back here for your reply... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads