Level Up (A5E) My concern about the fighter.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Ultimately my worries are:

1. The Ranger is losing spells and gaining fighters stuff in place.
  2. The Berserker is getting nature features as well as combat versatility
  3. So the Ranger might start becoming a better Fighter (within it's combat specialty)
  4. The Berserker might start becoming a better Ranger as it gains skills whereas the Ranger tilts to combat.
  5. The Fighter therefore only shines in fighting styles Berserkers, Paladins, and Rangers lack which is...????

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic

3. So the Ranger might start becoming a better Fighter (within it's combat specialty)
  4. The Berserker might start becoming a better Ranger as it gains skills whereas the Ranger tilts to combat.
  5. The Fighter therefore only shines in fighting styles Berserkers, Paladins, and Rangers lack which is...????
Are you talking about exploration knacks that everyone gets?

Faolyn

(she/her)

Your job (if you choose to accept it) is to make a ranger, berserker, and fighter using the LU rules, and decide for yourself if there is too much overlap.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
They don't all have the same knacks or maneuvers
That's uh what I'm saying.
Skills are easily swapped and gained.
Knacks are low tier or skill related.

So the classes feel, to me, like the 3 classes overlap a lot and the main differences are their maneuver suites and their main combat mechanic.

Horwath

Legend
Don’t let the name fool you, knacks are not created equal among classes. Ranger knacks can be very strong for example.
only ranger knack that is "strong" is See the unseen. It's still missing what kind of time is needed to get that vision.
a useful 5th level ability that last an hour.

the rest... too week, too circumstantial and most need 3 weeks to start working.
and comparing to beserkers, fighters and even rogues, just worse.

Remove ads