D&D 5E Mythic Odysseys of Theros is the #1 D&D New Release

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
If you go to best selling gaming MTOF is beating the SCAG, if you go to best selling Dungeons and Dragons the SCAG is beating MTOFs wtf?

I will say at least in some ways the SCAG is better written then the MTOF, but MTOF does have is bright shining moments, such as the unification of Demihuman Pamtheons and some of the Monsters and of course the Gith.

Anyways the point of this thread was that some where saying D&D had peaked, but the fact that Theros is doing so well before it was even released says otherwise.

I'll add that given the Corona situation, alot of folks that would have purchased just the physical book have purchased the digital versions instead (or as well), boosting digital Theros sales, but at the expense of lowering sales on Amazon, so it might have been even higher on the lists otherwise.

Amazon's list varies from country-country, so different areas get different results.

The top i see (in Seattle) are PHB, DMG, Monster Manual, Xanathar's, Starter Set, Wildemount, Essentials, Volos, Eberron, Mordenkainen, Strahd, SCAG, couple miscellaneous, then Theros at 16.

gyor

Legend
Amazon's list varies from country-country, so different areas get different results.

The top i see (in Seattle) are PHB, DMG, Monster Manual, Xanathar's, Starter Set, Wildemount, Essentials, Volos, Eberron, Mordenkainen, Strahd, SCAG, couple miscellaneous, then Theros at 16.

This was book American lists, I didn't check the Amazon Canadian or other lists yet.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
True, it's not a surprise that Theros is leading new releases, but that it jumped two spots on the D&D best seller list is different. Isn't that based on total sales of a book?

If I'm right it means Theros' sales have already out paced Ravnica and Saltmarsh's sales before it's been released. Of course Wildemount blew past everything basically but the core and starter set.

No, it is based on current sales by the hour, not historic. It's doing well, but this means Ravnica is selling slightly better in terms of sales today.

gyor

Legend
But it's only how well it's selling today. So a week after release, it could fall back down again once the pre-orders are met.

Wow you are so negative, you have a real talent for finding the cloud in every silver lining.

Its a GOOD thing Theros is doing so well so far, try positivity you might enjoy it.

gyor

Legend
No, it is based on current sales by the hour, not historic. It's doing well, but this means Ravnica is selling slightly better in terms of sales today.

Is there a list that shows best sellers by total sales?

Because that is kind of useless doing it by the hour.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Is there a list that shows best sellers by total sales?

Because that is kind of useless doing it by the hour.

Not for public use, no. Amazon does do annual overall top 100 lists, but these are just so customers can go and quickly check what's selling hot. And Theros is selling hot! Almost as hot as Ravnica is at the moment.

dave2008

Legend
Right? Especially one with relatively broad appeal like this.

Also I'm kind of annoyed by this thread because it tricked me into think Theros was out or would be soon when in fact it's June 2nd.
I got tricked too. I knew the release date was 6/2, but I thought maybe there was a covid-19 surprise and they release it early :p

Last edited:

Remove ads