• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Necromancer Games - 3 5E books announced!

I'm fond of Necromancer Games/ Frog God Games, so I might end up backing this.
Have they said if any of the monsters are going to be updates from the Tome or Horrors?

Stuff like this is one of the reasons I was so cynical about Mearl's announcement that WotC would not be releasing information on the 5e 3PP / fan license until 2015, as it wouldn't stop people generating content. I'm already working on content for my blog and an update of Ravenlpft and the rules aren't even out yet.

Jake Johnson

First Post
I'm most curious about what's coming in Quests of Doom. I would be most interested to hear about the following:

1. Levels of adventures
2. Are any of the adventures connected (could you run through the whole book as a linear campaign)?
3. Irrespective of the adventures being connected to one another, is the setting connected (all adventures in the same "realm")?

Thanks again. Backing for all three books. Telling everyone I know who might be interested.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Two personal notes here:
  1. Having been burnt on the first project I supported - the infamous Appendix N Adventures - and with the Quests book clocking in at 70$, I swear to resist the allure. :erm:
  2. The very ambitious timeline either means a rather high risk or that the good graveyard-folks know something the general populace doesn't.
Anyway, I wish you the best of success with this projects and sincerely do hope that Necro successfully rises again!

Charles Wright

First Post
I'm sorry that you were burnt on your first Kickstarter, that always sucks.

All I can say is that the team working on this project is mostly the same team that works on the Frog God Games projects and we have a very good record on delivery and happy customers! :)

I wish that I were able to address your other concerns.

Charles Wright

First Post
I'm most curious about what's coming in Quests of Doom. I would be most interested to hear about the following:

1. Levels of adventures
2. Are any of the adventures connected (could you run through the whole book as a linear campaign)?
3. Irrespective of the adventures being connected to one another, is the setting connected (all adventures in the same "realm")?

Thanks again. Backing for all three books. Telling everyone I know who might be interested.

I can't answer your questions, however I believe that all of the quests in Quests of Doom will fit into our Lost Lands Campaign Setting.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I'm sorry that you were burnt on your first Kickstarter, that always sucks.

All I can say is that the team working on this project is mostly the same team that works on the Frog God Games projects and we have a very good record on delivery and happy customers! :)

I wish that I were able to address your other concerns.

No need to worry! If this thing comes to fruition I'll readily either order it from a German store or just buy it as PDF. My concerns will have proven to be unfounded then. :)

froggie

First Post
Track record

No need to worry! If this thing comes to fruition I'll readily either order it from a German store or just buy it as PDF. My concerns will have proven to be unfounded then. :)

Totally get that. I have only recieved 7/35 I have backed. That being said we have delivered 4/5 and the last on is in editing and art. We deliver pretty good:)

Jake Johnson

First Post
I can't answer your questions, however I believe that all of the quests in Quests of Doom will fit into our Lost Lands Campaign Setting.

I understand, and appreciate you sharing that you believe the quests will take place in your Lost Lands setting. Can't wait for the information you guys will start sharing on August 1.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
What's going on with the Kickstarter? It keeps going down when it should be going up! On the comments it says there is less than 4k to spells, but the Kickstarter only says $36,017, and before it was as high as $36,400. How much have you raised?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads