• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

nerdytenor's The Missing Warlock

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=OOC Todarr]
If I'm not mistaken, you used your daily power already against the hounds two fights back. :( You may keep your attack roll and let me know how you'd like to proceed (re roll damage since that's a different roll most likely).
[/sblock]

PennStud77

First Post
[sblock=OOC Todarr]
If I'm not mistaken, you used your daily power already against the hounds two fights back. :( You may keep your attack roll and let me know how you'd like to proceed (re roll damage since that's a different roll most likely).
[/sblock]

Holy crap, you're right!!! Not trying to pull one over on you, but I still had it in my head that I was saving it... wonder where that came from.

At any rate, I will do the Dragon Breath from my starting position, followed by a Wolf Pack Tactics instead of the daily, which is the same except for the damage: 5 + 4 = 9 damage to A1. WPT allows me to make the shift I was going for as a free action, so I reserve the right to move to close with the Leader, should A1 drop from my 2 attacks (and if he should drop from my melee attack, I get 5 temp HP). Free action of healing done right after attack, in either case.

nerdytenor

First Post
Todarr's dragon breath singes both axe wielders, and he heaps more pain upon the axe wielder in front of him with the deft application of his blade.

Moreen lashes out with her sword, but her target dodges out of the way, sticking out his tongue in a disgusting taunt.

Karis flies through the field of battle, doging swings from the elf and the leader as she runs, and disappears inside the house.

[sblock=Karis]
You run into Mardrick's house, and spot elloen sitting in the corner. She holds a knife in her hand, and her left palm is bleeding slightly. A small stone is set in front of her, and it is glowing faintly. She is staring at it intently when you enter, and she has just enough time to raise her knife slightly when you cut into her arm with your flower-slimed blade. Her eyes widen in shock, and she looks down at her arm as her blood mixes with the greenish plant goo.

Her expression changes from shock to humor. "Ah, Mardrick discovered the blight cure I see?" With dark intensity she locks eyes with you. "Can it cure a failed marriage? A miserable life?!?!?" She shouts at you, her whole body shaking. "You tell Mardrick that I leave him of my own free will! I go to Baradur - he will give me what Mardrick never could!!!!" She reaches down and grabs the stone, which appears to be vibrating slightly. Half a second later, she disappears completely - no poof, no smoke - just gone. The stone drops to the floor, lacking a hand to hold it.

Immediately afterwards, you register the rest of the house. In the southwest corner, Dardus lies, unconscious, his hands tied behind his back and blood caked on his neck. Two grunts guard him, and after a moment of surprise at your appearance and Elloen's disappearance, they draw clubs and attack you. You dodge one club, but the other strikes you in the knee.

[/sblock]

The elven archer moves quickly into position, murder on his face. He draws his bow and launches an arrow through the open door into the house.

[sblock=Karis]
The arrow flies past your face, missing by inches.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Results]
A1 hit for 5 damage from dragon breath
A2 hit for 5 damage from dragon breath
A1 hit by todarr for 9 damage.
Todarr heals 8 from armor
Moreen heals 10 from armor
Moreen misses with valiant strike (rolled nat 4)
Karis dodges all opportunity attacks.
Karis is hit by G1 for 4 damage.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Map update

2880745655_a13eb23da9_o.jpg

nerdytenor

First Post
Status - Joshua's turn

[sblock=Status]
Karis (21/29)
Grunt1 (minion)
Grunt2 (minion)
Elven Archer(22 damage taken, bloodied)
Joshua (19/30) <--- your turn
Axe Wielder 1 (52 damage taken, bloodied, Rellek's Quarry, cursed)
Axe Wielder 2 (42 damage taken, bloodied, challenged by moreen)
Leader (10 damage taken)
Rellek (37/37)
Mardrick (15/16)
Todarr (22/29)
Moreen (31/40)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
Alerted by the flurry of activity at the front of the house Joshua looks over and espies the elf and the leader close together. Perfect!

His arm comes up and an incantation bursts from his lips. Most of his words are unintelligible but some are vaguely familiar to his companios. "...Sraira Drasis Ischyros!"

For a fraction of a second nothing seems to happen and then there is a shimmering...something, which flashes over and explodes next to the elven archer (L19) spraying him with razor sharp shards of force. As he rocks with the impact the...power...explodes again, this time the shards thud into the body of the leader.

[sblock=OOC]Force Orb: Attack vs Ref - 14 vs Archer, damage 10: Secondary attack vs leader. Attack roll 21 vs Ref, 14 damage. Roll Lookup [/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
The elven archer teeters backwards and forwards a few times, and finally slumps to the ground, dead. Spots of blood become visible on the leader's face, and he channels his rage through his staff at Joshua. Joshua raises his own staff and wards off the blow with some quick magic. Cursing, the leader ducks behind the back of the house for cover.

The axe wielders keep up their attack, seemingly enjoying the beating they have been taking. Moreen's shield proves her faithful friend in warding off the oncoming blows, but Todarr receives a ferocious pounding by the other brute.

[sblock=Joshua]
I assumed you would want to use your staff power since it made the difference between getting hit and not. Let me know if you want to change that.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Results]
Archer = dead
Leader takes 14 damage. Leader is now bloodied.
Todarr takes 14 damage.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Everyone but Joshua - your turn

[sblock=Status]
Karis (21/29) <--- your turn
Grunt1 (minion)
Grunt2 (minion)
Joshua (19/30)
Axe Wielder 1 (52 damage taken, bloodied, Rellek's Quarry, cursed)
Axe Wielder 2 (42 damage taken, bloodied, challenged by moreen)
Leader (24 damage taken, bloodied)
Rellek (37/37) <--- your turn
Mardrick (15/16) <--- your turn
Todarr (8/29, bloodied) <--- your turn
Moreen (31/40) <--- your turn
[/sblock]

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek saw the pounding that Todarr was taking, despite the equally servere pounding being given to the axe men. Although he could hold back, he felt it was time to take a hand personally.

Dropping his bow, he unslung his twin axes and moved quickly to flank the two axemen. lashing out with his rage in forced and controlled movements.

[sblock=Crunch]
OK I will drop my bow and unsling axes -free and minor, then take my move action and move to I 23 and then use Dire Wolverine strike on the two Axe wielders.

1st 17 to hit A1 and 15 Damage (including hunters quarry) to hit A2 9 :)()

I'm done
[/sblock]

Remove ads