• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

nerdytenor's The Missing Warlock

PennStud77

First Post
[sblock=standard]Growling in anger, Todarr renews his onslaught on the Axe wielder in front of him (A1). Wolf Pack Tactics: free action to shift Rellek from J23 (based on the new map, J23 is the one directly between the Axe wielders) to I22, which means Rellek sets up a flanking situation for both Axe wielders, presently. 14 + 11 = 25 hit on A1 for 8 + 4 = 12 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=minor]That's the way, old friend, Todarr beams to Rellek. Inspiring Word on myself, healing 8 + 5 = 13 HP, to 22
[sblock=OOC]I've been feeling guilty about seeming to use WAY more Inspiring Words on myself than you guys, but I seem to take a lot of punishment. Not complaining, my character is the leader type and sees himself in the thick of things.....

Just trying to say that if you want to see me using IW for others more........ tough, it looks like it ain't gonna happen![/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=move]Should A1 drop (hopeful, and my sword drinks his soul, giving me 5 temp HP), I will use my move action to move to K17, guarding against the leader heading into the house to gang up on Karis. Todarr will say over his shoulder (facing the leader) Rellek, Mardrick, get inside and see what's what. After Moreen dispenses with that one, we can take the leader. Joshua, looks a little cramped in that house, might want to help us out here..

If A1 does not drop, I will stay where I am.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Karis casually runs one of the grunts through, and steps toward the door. "If you back off, I might let you live," she says to the other, in light conversational tones.

[sblock=ooc]Standard: piercing strike against G1, hits reflex 19 for 7 damage.
Move: shift toward the door
Minor: talk. Unfortunately, intimidate takes a standard action, so this is just fluff, I guess.
[/sblock]

Arbanax

First Post
[sblock=crunch OOC]

Growling in anger, Todarr - Wolf Pack Tactics: free action to shift Rellek from J23 to I22,

Argh I just noticed thats where I meant to go, not I23 (which is on the same square as a grunt anyway) but- I22. So in any case maybe thanks to Todar I'm where I intended to be anyway ;). I shouldn't post late at night I'm wasted.

Ab
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Rellek's strike misses one axeman, but the other is hit in the stomach. He looks down at the fresh wound and grins maniacally, raises his axe at Rellek, and falls over, lifeless.

Todarr moves to surround the axe wielder still standing. His angry strike is punishing, but the axe wielder still has some life left in him.

[sblock=Karis]
Answering you, the remaining grunt says "If I let you live, I die."
He swings his club at you but comes up short.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Results and Status - Joshua and Moreen - your turns

[sblock=Status]
Karis (21/29)
Grunt2 (minion)
Joshua (19/30) <--- your turn
Axe Wielder 2 (54 damage taken, bloodied, challenged by moreen)
Leader (24 damage taken, bloodied)
Rellek (37/37)
Mardrick (15/16, 1 tmp hp) <--- your turn
Todarr (21/29)
Moreen (31/40) <--- your turn
[/sblock]

[sblock=Results]
Since A1 died, I moved Todarr to J23 instead of his stated move and had him attack A2- A2 is surrounded by Rellek, Moreen, and Todarr at the moment, with Rellek and Moreen flanking.

I also let the remaining grunt act now since Joshua's action can't possibly affect the outcome.

Rellek hits A1 for 15, killing it.
Mardrick gains 1 tmp hp.
Todarr hits A2 for 12 damage.
Todarr heals for 13. 13 + 8 = 21, not 22 hp. :)
Karis kills G1.
[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
"Don't let their leader escape!" Moreen says to the others closing around her. She renews her attack, vigorously slashing at the axe wielder, pressing her current advantage.

[sblock=actions]standard action - Holy strike on the axe wielder
if he dies, then move action - move to J19[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]I think it would be better if Rellek and Tordarr went after the leader rather than helping Moreen gang up on the last axe wielder. But the point may be moot anyway if Moreen kills him right now.[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Realising that the leader was hidden somewhere behind the house Joshua moved forward along the back wall, dipping low to avoid the window. He reached the corner of the main block and peeked around (F17).

He must be around the next corner!

Joshua smiled as an idea came to him. Using one of the simple tricks known by all manipulators of arcane power he caused there to be a sound like that of feet walking on the rough surface of the village street. He focussed the sound to occur at the corner of the building (G15).

After a few seconds he stopped the sound and summoned up the power necessary to use Force Missile power in case the leader should appear top investigate the sound.

[sblock=OOC]Ready Action; Magic Missile[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Moreen continues to try and penetrate the axe-wielder's defenses, but he manages to keep up his defense against her blows. "Your God is worthless," he taunts.

The leader hears footsteps coming from around the corner, and goes to investigate. Just as he realizes there is no one there, he spots Joshua, who launches a magic missile at him, but the missile hits the leader with no real force, doing no damage. With a snarl, he launches his own missile at Joshua, but Joshua raises a magic shield, deflecting the attack.

The axe wielder, surrounded and nearing his end, makes a desperate sweeping attack at the enemies surrounding him, but cannot connect.

[sblock=Results]
Shield made the difference - used it on Joshua's behalf (let me know if this is not ok with you for future situations).

Moreen rolls nat 4 - miss. :(
Joshua rolls nat 1 - doh.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Map update

2886147503_c713f67c45_o.jpg

nerdytenor

First Post
Status - everyone's turn

[sblock=Status]
Karis (21/29)
Grunt2 (minion)
Joshua (19/30)
Axe Wielder 2 (54 damage taken, bloodied, challenged by moreen)
Leader (24 damage taken, bloodied)
Rellek (37/37)
Mardrick (15/16, 1 tmp hp)
Todarr (21/29)
Moreen (31/40)
[/sblock]

Remove ads