nerdytenor's The Missing Warlock

PennStud77

First Post
[sblock=Todarr's Relevant Skills]Diplomacy +9, Intimidate +11, a couple at +6 that I'm sure others are better at (Bluff is one of those at +6, which might be useful)[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Karis is unfortunately a bit light on the social skills. Bluff is the only one she's particularly good at, with +8 and a utility power that lets her reroll a bad bluff roll once. (Which I will probably retrain away from at some point, since I think Tumble or Fleeting ghost will be much more useful.) Bad cop / good cop probably works best with diplomacy and intimidate. Karis will probably stick to bluff and perception for this challenge.

Do we have an initiative order to follow for this skill challenge, or are we just winging it?
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=Wing it]
Feel free to act in any order - I am experimenting with relatively free-form skill challenges these days - hope that is ok.
[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
When the mage stirs, Moreen eases herself to the ground next to him, almost as if sitting next to a friend waking up from a nap. "So you're still alive. That's always a comforting thought. But I don't envy you."

Moreen waits for him to get his bearings and realize he is a bound prisoner. "You see, we need information. And we're pressed for time. As you already know, my friends," she gestures to the rest of the group, "are very effective at what they do. But there's no need for things to get ugly, right? Well that's entirely up to you my friend. Let's start with where Elloen is."

[sblock=skill]Moreen is gonna try to be the "good cop." She'll start off with Diplomacy +9[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
"Hmm! Karis. Can I have look at that dagger for a moment. It seems somehow familiar. I'm sure I have seen its like somewhere recently."

[sblock=History/Arcana] Not so much the skill challenge but an effort to glean info from the dagger: Roll 19:
Link Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Arbanax

First Post
[sblock=crunch]
Rellek's skills are equally feeble in this regard so I will instead use aid another to offer my support to the rolls the others make, and otherwise keep perceptive for any clues his demeanour might give away.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Sure, Joshua. Looks like a piece of junk to me, but I suppose it might have some kind of significance." Karis hands it over, then with a thoughtful expression ducks inside the house and emerges carrying a small stone. "And have a look at this, too, while you're at it. Elloen had it, and touched a drop of blood to it and disappeared. She said she was going to someone named Baradur; ring any bells?"

To the prisoner, she continues Moreen's line of questioning. "Yes, where is Elloen? And who is Baradur?" She cocks her head at him, considering dispassionately. "I wonder if perhaps we should just kill him. With what Lethani told us, we should be able to figure out the rest anyway, and this one looks like he might take time to break." Addressing the prisoner again, she continues, "Yes, Lethani told us quite a lot. You didn't think we just let him go, did you? Or did he convince you he'd escaped on his own?" She smirks. "Fool."

ooc: bluff 18.

nerdytenor

First Post
When the mage stirs, Moreen eases herself to the ground next to him, almost as if sitting next to a friend waking up from a nap. "So you're still alive. That's always a comforting thought. But I don't envy you."

Moreen waits for him to get his bearings and realize he is a bound prisoner. "You see, we need information. And we're pressed for time. As you already know, my friends," she gestures to the rest of the group, "are very effective at what they do. But there's no need for things to get ugly, right? Well that's entirely up to you my friend. Let's start with where Elloen is."

The mage chuckles softly, coughing up a small amount of blood. "If you want to keep things from getting ugly, perhaps you should stick your head back in your helmet," he sneers. He pulls himself up to a more comfortable seated position as he eyes Todarr a little nervously. "Say there, you look like a pretty tough warrior. If you're looking for employment after this town is ransacked, I'm sure my boss would be happy to hire you." He chuckles again. "By the gods, I'll hire you myself. Your first mission - kill your friends!" he shouts, sweeping his hands around at the others. He erupts into riotous laughter which is interrupted by a short coughing fit.

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=Joshua]
You can sense the residual traces of magic in the dagger, although you are quite sure that no magic is left in it. The most likely explanation is that it was used in a ritual, likely a dark one (no surprise there).
[/sblock]

Remove ads