• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

nerdytenor's The Missing Warlock

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek spurred on his friends to renew their attack, concerned for Karis and anxious to square off with the leader.

[sblock=crunch]
I'll let loose with my breath weapon, aiming at our A2 only, To hit - 5 :)0) + 5 (flanking and strength/level etc) - I don't think so.

I'll use twin strike to hit 19+7= 26 and 7 +8 = 15(+1 Magic, +5 bab, +2 combat bonus)
I'll also use my move action and convert to minor to make this guy my hunters quarry and damage = 11, second damage (if hit) = 8 +hunters= 6 = total 25 damage.

[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
Moreen wastes no more time. She breaks out into a running pursuit.
[sblock=actions]
two move actions - Run to G14, Moreen grants combat advantage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

PennStud77

First Post
Seeing Moreen running after the Leader around the one side of the building, Todarr rushes to cut off his retreat around the other side, not knowing how far Joshua has advanced down that side.

Double move to E15.

Though I will not run (and not grant combat advantage), I will not be able to attack, but gives the Leader a choice as to who he can attack during his turn.

covaithe

Explorer
"If I let you live, I die."

Karis shrugs. "Not your lucky, day, then." She effortlessly runs him through and moves out to join the chase after the leader.

[sblock=ooc]Standard: piercing strike. What a waste of a natural 20, with max damage rolled, to boot!
Move: get after the leader. Depending on if you allow diagonal movement around the corner of the house or not, Karis might be able to get adjacent to him.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
As Karis runs past, Mardrick yells out "Elloen!" and runs into the house.

Joshua let fly another bolt of force fly at the leader, but can't seem to get his aim right.

The rest of the party quickly surrounds the leader. Running out of options and clearly desperate, the dark mage snaps his staff, calling forth a terrible earthquake with himself at the epicenter. While the display is impressive, it fails to damage any of you. As the shakes come to a gradual halt, he sways briefly, and collapses to the ground, unconscious.

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek, breathed a little easier for a moment as he saw the last axemen fall to the ground and saw the leader, despite his display, do the same.

Moving quickly, but ever watchfully, he followed Mardrick into the house, needing the excuse of checking on him, to cover his concern Karis's well being.

[sblock=crunch]
Rellek will make sure the house is secure, keep an eye on Mardrick and check on Karis at the same time...

He will be looking for clues as to what happened to Elloen and who these people are...
and in between he'll banter with Karis to cover any concern he might have.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Karis, no longer in the house, snorts disdainfully at the leader's inept attempt at a final strike. She unhurriedly goes about the process of tying him up, paying particular attention to immobilizing his hands. Naturally she checks his pockets for anything of value while doing so.

[sblock=ooc]I haven't forgotten that Karis is the only one who knows what happened to Elloen. It's just not a priority for her at the moment. [/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Rellek enters the house to find Mardrick helping Dardus out of his restraints. His face is bloodied, and while he has clearly seen better days, he doesn't appear to have suffered any permanent damage.

"Mardrick, by the gods, I never thought I'd see you again." He grasps Mardrick's shoulder while trying to stand up. "I have much to tell you, much of it bad, I'm afraid."

He eyes Rellek. "And you! You found him. Gods bless you. Did I hear your compatriots fighting outside? Come, let's get out of this house - after the treatment I received here over the last day, it doesn't feel quite as inviting as it used to."

Mardrick, Dardus, and Rellek emerge from the house to join the rest of the party, which has surrounded the now unconscious mage.

"So is he dead, then?" Dardus asks. A bit of unconscious tossing and turning on the part of the mage answers his question. "Treacherous bastard."

Mardrick turns to face Dardus, a sense of urgency on his face. "Dardus, where is Elloen? I thought I heard her shout out during the battle. Did you see her?"

"I cannot say, friend," Dardus answers. "The last time I saw her was before I got knocked out by this one's cronies," he says, indicating the mage on the ground. "Perhaps your rescuers can convince him to talk, eh?" He steps over to the tied-up mage and gives him a swift kick, waking him. Dardus loses his balance, and joins the mage on the ground, wincing and grabbing his side.

"Take it easy, old friend," Mardrick says, pulling Dardus away from the mage. "You're in no condition for an interrogation. Let's leave this to our new friends, shall we?"

[sblock=Skill challenge!]
Find out what you can.
Some obvious (potentially) relevant skills - Diplomacy, Insight, Intimidate, Arcana, Bluff, Perception...
[/sblock]
[sblock=Karis]
You find a ceremonial dagger tucked inside the mage's robe. While clearly not intended for battle, you can't help but appreciate the woodwork on the hilt. Depicted there in minute detail is a human(?) sacrifice. You also find a purse with some gold in it (25gp).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BlueLotus

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]What do you think Coviathe? Want to try some good cop/bad cop?
Moreen's relevant skills - Diplomacy +9, Insight +8, Heal +8 (for Dardus)[/sblock]

Remove ads