New 5E Epic Books coming in 2020

Hey UK!

I believe we have now reached the halfway mark of the 4 weeks you mentioned earlier. Any update on how well your progress is going?
Hey Rhuarc mate,

dammit time flies. :oops:

Well technically I only have the first pass at the first monster completed. However, hear me out. While I had all the monster ideas finalized I realized that I didn't have all the monster powers and USPs determined. So I spent a few days solving those.

One additional hiccup was 'monster 2' has been giving me kittens and to properly design that monster I had to create an entirely new way of designing monsters and creating those (awesome as they are) looks like it will require its own book. In true Krust (foolish) fashion I am now thinking this new book needs to come out first (because it feeds into other things).

However, don't panic I have probably only 'spent' about 1 week proper on Alien Gods & Fallen Angels and that book will definitely come out and you'll love it. But give me 2 weeks to work on this new book and lets see what I have. Its going to be amazing (but no spoilers just yet). ;)

Rhuarc

Explorer
Hey UK,

well, that's the thing, isn't it? Almost all of your ideas sound pretty amazing to me, so there is no need for you to sell me on this :)
But after the initial batch of books (and the one Vampire Bestiary couple of years back) nothing ever saw the light of day. You certainly have this 'issue' to be distracted and sidetracked by other things when you are working on something, spent more time than planned on this, then something else comes up which eats more time and round and round we go...

As a creator myself (even though not published or anything close), I know what you mean if you say you want to do this in the right order. But given your track record, wouldn't it be more sensible to maybe put 'monster 2' on hold for a later time and first try to at least finish one book before already working on a second one? You can always come back to this new idea and flesh it out then?

Anyway, you will follow your own plan and path as always, and I'm definitely already happy that you are working again on RPG stuff, but I can only shake my head and say 'well, here we go again' to these news...sorry :confused:

For now I can at least come back here every two weeks and poke you again, but the newly kindled hope may fade pretty quickly if nothing comes of this. Fingers crossed and I really, really hope you can manage to pull through in the end. I mean, it must be frustrating for yourself as well to spend ours working on this and no one else ever sees what you have come up with, not to speak of the potential waste of money that you could earn (even if it won't be very much I reckon).

Good luck!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
On an unrelated note, U_K, was there ever a print version of Ascension? I was flipping through my hardcover copy of the Epic Bestiary Vol. 1 the other day, and thought how nice it would be to have the companion volume.

Hey Rhuarc amigo, :)

well, that's the thing, isn't it? Almost all of your ideas sound pretty amazing to me, so there is no need for you to sell me on this :)

I appreciate it buddy - I will get these done. I am working hard on them.

But after the initial batch of books (and the one Vampire Bestiary couple of years back) nothing ever saw the light of day.

The market for 4E meant I was at best breaking even at a time when I was not financially independent (as I am now).

After that I went off and tried a few other things.

You certainly have this 'issue' to be distracted and sidetracked by other things when you are working on something, spent more time than planned on this, then something else comes up which eats more time and round and round we go...

I know - its my Achilles Heel to move on to idea two before finishing the first. But this time I have only spent a week on the other book and this second book won't take as long, so its likely not a net loss.

As a creator myself (even though not published or anything close), I know what you mean if you say you want to do this in the right order. But given your track record, wouldn't it be more sensible to maybe put 'monster 2' on hold for a later time and first try to at least finish one book before already working on a second one? You can always come back to this new idea and flesh it out then?

If I had spent more than a few days proper on Alien Gods & Fallen Angels I would have continued on with that project.

Anyway, you will follow your own plan and path as always, and I'm definitely already happy that you are working again on RPG stuff, but I can only shake my head and say 'well, here we go again' to these news...sorry :confused:

I know its demoralizing, but give me a chance here. I have only set on doing these books a few weeks ago.

For now I can at least come back here every two weeks and poke you again, but the newly kindled hope may fade pretty quickly if nothing comes of this. Fingers crossed and I really, really hope you can manage to pull through in the end. I mean, it must be frustrating for yourself as well to spend ours working on this and no one else ever sees what you have come up with, not to speak of the potential waste of money that you could earn (even if it won't be very much I reckon).

This new book only has 6 entries (though they are multi-faceted). I think I'll have the first done within 2 weeks (albeit its the shortest to a small degree). I am hoping this new book is a little bit of a 'game-changer' for epic gaming.

Good luck!

I take all the luck I can get.

On an unrelated note, U_K, was there ever a print version of Ascension? I was flipping through my hardcover copy of the Epic Bestiary Vol. 1 the other day, and thought how nice it would be to have the companion volume.

Hey Alzrius mate,

officially there never was. I'd actually like a print copy of that one myself. Does RPGNow have a print on demand service?

I am thinking these new books might be on Amazon's KDP Print.

Drazen

Demon Prince
Thanks Drazen mate, :)

...and don't worry you'll like this new book better.
I better. I did not really like some of the monsters in the Epic Bestiary. I found some quite silly.
Now do not get me wrong, i loved the Amidah, Akalich, Cogent, Golems, and some of the Dragons like the Void and nexus. But i really did not care for the Platinum Dragon and Polychromatic Dragon style. Also, does a Monochromatic Dragon (Grey dragon) Sound good?
But i'm hoping for new types of undead that have some pretty good abilities, reasonable CR's, and handy to add to my list of them. I'm taking your word. You have my complete support. And if i wasn't going to buffets, paying bills, and getting groceries i'd donate to this place.......

Remove ads