New 5E Epic Books coming in 2020

Very nice!

Wish you Happy Holidays, UK! Hope we can celebrate your next published D&D book in 2021 then :)

Hey Rhaurc, Merry Christmas* amigo! :)

That is one of the least epic illustrations, but I thought it was a good one to start with. I was planning to ink the illustrations myself but I think I would not do it justice so I will simply use filters to darken it (so that will save me a good deal of time). Book will definitely be ready some time in 2021 (but don't ask me what month yet). I have a few weeks off work coming in January so I should make great progress then (hoping to have 40-50% written around then).

*that goes for everyone. Hope everyone has a better year in 2021...I suspect for most (including myself), that won't be difficult.

Epic Bestiary illustration 2 resized.jpg

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So what's the name of that colossal monster that's tearing a kingdom apart while those poor human adventurers try to stop it?

Also, love the shout-out to the 1E Monster Manual with the owlbear fighting the roper! :D

Happy New Year UK!

Glad to see work is progressing nicely!? :)

Happy New Year Rhuarc amigo,

work is progressing (although didn't get much done over the Christmas week in fairness), I intend to get a good bit done (both in terms of art and writing) now that I am off this week.

So what's the name of that colossal monster that's tearing a kingdom apart while those poor human adventurers try to stop it?

Also, love the shout-out to the 1E Monster Manual with the owlbear fighting the roper! :D

Hey Alzrius matey! :)

I'm still keeping the names deliberately vague at this juncture. But I should have the cover, sub-title and the monster names all revealed before the end of the month.

I actually wanted to do that monster with the cut-away ground section for over ten years. Initially that was only going to be a single page illustration but when I commissioned a double-page spread I wanted to make sure the both pages individually had enough of a visual punch and in filling the space I got the artist to do an homage to the original Monster Manual cover.

While that is the final art delivered I may tweak it a bit in photoshop when I tidy it up. I am considering black background for the upper cloud space (to make the lightning 'pop' better) and in the cave with the Owlbear vs. Roper.

Don't worry, I haven't went AWOL. Work is progressing nicely. The good news is I'm creeping up on having the first 47* pages completed (both writing AND artwork). That should probably happen within the next week-ish.

*not counting a completed Contents page as yet.

I haven't yet commissioned the front cover (and until then I'll be keeping most of the details under wraps) I know 'what' I want - but I am torn between two different executions of the same idea. I actually saw the perfect potential cover (while scouring the internet) - an already existing piece of artwork, but that is being used as an Album Cover for some band. So I am torn between commissioning something broadly like the Album cover or my original idea which was heavily based on a famous movie poster. Decisions, decisions. I'll figure something out and start posting some proper previews soon.

Remove ads