New 5E Epic Books coming in 2020

I better.

You will.

I did not really like some of the monsters in the Epic Bestiary. I found some quite silly.
Now do not get me wrong, i loved the Amidah, Akalich, Cogent, Golems, and some of the Dragons like the Void and nexus.

Okay thanks.

But i really did not care for the Platinum Dragon and Polychromatic Dragon style.

Well they were sort of my take at doing a Bahamut and Tiamat (without ripping off the 5 heads thing) but I don't think the ideas or art were interesting enough. So I agree with you those were two of the weaker designs.

Also, does a Monochromatic Dragon (Grey dragon) Sound good?

Yes it does. Cool idea.

But i'm hoping for new types of undead that have some pretty good abilities,

Was just working on an undead creature in the first section of the book.

reasonable CR's,

Lets say an eclectic mix - I don't want to give much away just yet.

and handy to add to my list of them. I'm taking your word. You have my complete support.

You will not be disappointed. First section will be written in less than 2 weeks. There are 6 sections in the book. That's all I am giving away until I have something substantial to preview.

Cover artist ready to start in 2 weeks time.
Interior artist ready in about 4 weeks time.

And if i wasn't going to buffets, paying bills, and getting groceries i'd donate to this place.......

No need. I am financially stable. Thanks.

Buying the book (or pdf) is sufficient support...although I am going to have some t-shirts of the new covers which I think epic gamers will love. ;)

I have an idea for the epic book.

Ahoy there TheRealChritoad!

looking at your screen name I have an idea for a Toad that always scores Crits. :)

I am always willing to hear suggestions.

At the moment I am likely to use my own monster ideas for this initial book. I am toying with the idea of an addendum whereby other people can submit monster ideas. Of course I would need to get those monster ideas illustrated (so I likely wouldn't pick too many due to time and financial constraints - additionally I'd prefer all the monsters in the book to fit a given theme and I have not yet revealed the theme/sub-title of this new book just yet). I'll decide on the addendum idea after I get my portion of the book completed.

If your idea is not a monster, then feel free to share it with everyone here.

Hey all, small update on the progress of the new 5E Epic Bestiary,

Almost got the first section done, and also the preceeding 8 pages (the stuff after the contents pages but before the monster stats begin). I think by this Monday I should have section 1 (which comprises 6 monsters) AND those initial 8 pages, which would be the first 22 pages after the contents. Finding 5th Edition very easy to design for, even at epic level, so making fairly smooth progress. I won't move on to section 2 (comprising another 6 monsters) until I have these initial 22 pages sorted. I did remove one monster and replace it with something more interesting so that slowed me a bit, plus you guys know what I'm like anyway. But almost 22 pages in already (admittedly that's without the art* just to be completely clear).

*although I did put some placeholder art in the relevant places for inspiration.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Hey UK,

thanks for bringing us these updates even without being prompted to! Hope you can continue with this pace, fingers crossed :)

Hey UK,

thanks for bringing us these updates even without being prompted to! Hope you can continue with this pace, fingers crossed :)

Hey Rhuarc amigo,

really 5E is probably cutting design times by a third at least. Once I get section 1 completely finished (hopefully within a few days) I'll have a good understanding of how long the book is roughly going to take. There are 6 sections, so 2-3 weeks per section I can live with.

Epic Bestiary illustration 1 resized.jpg

The above is an early illustration (needs some tidying in Photoshop) from the new book. Not going to say what it is or what the book is called just yet - I'll wait until I have the finished cover for that.

Currently we have 5 completed illustrations. I'll likely show one new one each week (or at least every 10 days) from now on.

Remove ads