New Campaign Setting Hint Is Eberron?

Eberron? Count me in!

Henry

Autoexreginated
I have to admit that Greyhawk is one of the two or three settings (along with Nentir Vale) which needs almost NO special classes or rules to just release to fans on the DMs Guild site. If you ignore the oddball one-offs like the Barrier Peaks spaceship, everything else is already sufficiently statted.

If Nathan isn't just screwing with us, I'd love to see Eberron - especially because Keith Baker has previously expressed interest in creating some DMs Guild products for it, and that man is a font of world-friendly lore for good reason. Even if solo publications from him wouldn't be "official," they'd be "official enough" for the majority of current Eberron fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

GarrettKP

Explorer
Note: In the previous "photo tease", the word (CHRON)OMANCER in tiny script in the upper right hand corner. Plus the mention of "time machine." Chronomancer was a one-shot meta-setting for AD&D2e - a sort of "time-travel" version of Planescape, with it own classes: Temporal Raider, Temporal Champion, and Chronomancer.

And this tease is clearly Eberron.

Supposition: First, a meta-setting "D&D Multiverse" book or PDF is released, composed of Planescape+Spelljammer+Chronomancer. DM's Guild is opened for Planescape, SJ, and Chronomancer.

Next, all of the major D&D worlds (the ones mentioned in the PHB and DMG) are released as one-shot books or PDFs, starting with Eberron. They are opened to DMs Guild in turn.

Or maybe a single meta-setting book which includes a chapter on each of the major settings, but with Eberron as the first chapter.

I think thought, that one book (or PDF) per setting is more likely, so that there can be a month or so of fanfare as each setting is sequentially released for 5E and DMs Guild.

This... makes a lot of sense, actually.

I've seen posts saying that Eberron is confirmed, and that Spelljammer has been confirmed. At this point, it's starting to look and feel like this:

View attachment 99193

To be honest, I'd be happy to see either. Nevermind the current bout of Dragonlance nostalgia I'm undergoing...

gyor

Legend
Note: In the previous "photo tease", the word (CHRON)OMANCER in tiny script in the upper right hand corner. Plus the mention of "time machine." Chronomancer was a one-shot meta-setting for AD&D2e - a sort of "time-travel" version of Planescape, with it own classes: Temporal Raider, Temporal Champion, and Chronomancer.

And this tease is clearly Eberron.

Supposition: First, a meta-setting "D&D Multiverse" book or PDF is released, composed of Planescape+Spelljammer+Chronomancer. DM's Guild is opened for Planescape, SJ, and Chronomancer.

Next, all of the major D&D worlds (the ones mentioned in the PHB and DMG) are released as one-shot books or PDFs, starting with Eberron. They are opened to DMs Guild in turn.

Or maybe a single meta-setting book which includes a chapter on each of the major settings, but with Eberron as the first chapter.

I think thought, that one book (or PDF) per setting is more likely, so that there can be a month or so of fanfare as each setting is sequentially released for 5E and DMs Guild.

I've never heard of a Chronomancer, but a combined setting as you described sounds interesting. I could live with Eberron + Metasetting setting. I wonder what they will call it, Chronoplanejammer?

NiClerigo

Adventurer
Eberron is the reason I fell in love with D&D again -all I wanted in a setting. And 5e is my favorite system, so it’s a perfect match. I pray to the Silver Flame they give us some Eberron love really soon

I think Nerdarchy reported on Spelljammer being confirmed in a Fireside chat. There are Reddit threads talking about both being confirmed, or all but confirmed. At this points, I’m not sure what’s a scoop and what’s speculation…dogs and cats living together, I tell you!

Were have you seen that?

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I'd rather have Spelljammer and Planescape, which would both be more fitting and thematically fit with Mord's Tome of Foes book.

Plus Eberron without some kind of time shift in the setting is just another rehash of two previous releases and that would be boring.

Remove ads

Remove ads