New Feats

Marshall

First Post
Spell Emphasis

You are especially talented with one school of spells

Benefit: Pick a school. You cast spells of that school at +1 caster level.

Special: This feat may be taken multiple times. Each time it applies to a different school.

and Borrowed from the Wizards Boards

Double Attack

You have mastered attacking with both of your weapons. You may do so even when you are engaging an enemy for the first time.

Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +6, Ambi, TWF

Benefit: When using the attack action, you may also make an off-hand attack. Normal penalties apply. You still may only make one Sneak Attack per standard action.

Normal: You must use the full attack action to fight with two weapons.

Makes a TWF fighter, always a TWF fighter

Exotic Armor Proficiency
You wear your armor like a second skin.

Prerequisite: BAB 1+, Proficiency in armor type.

Benefit: Choose an armor type(ie Leather, Scale, Full Plate). When wearing this type of armor treat it as one category lighter for purposes of movement(Light armor is still light). Spell failure chances are decreased by 10%, max dex bonus is increased by 2, and armor check penalties are decreased by 3.

Do this and you might actually see someone in Heavy Armor.

-edit- Added a line about sneak attacks...
-edit- Added EAP feat

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
Spell Emphasis looks like a well-balanced feat to me, though I think it might be a little underpowered.

I don't like Double Attack. A standard or partial action means one attack. Messing with that is not IMO a good idea, and I think Double Attack would change the balance heavily in the favor of two weapon fighters, especially once Haste enters the equation.

eXodus

Explorer
i would make spell emphasis have the requirement of spell focus in the same school of magic. it just makes it make more sense that way. it is not too powerful, but it is better then spell focus. plus it makes it so that 1st level wizards do not have it.

the double attack one does tweak with the basics of combat too much though. it should not be allowed. haste someone with that feat and GADS!:eek:

Cabral

First Post
Well, a hasted character would only gain one extra attack. At low levels, this is like using a full-attack action and getting a bonus move-equivelent action by scacrifing one attack. You may want to may the Prerequisite look more like BAB +9, Ambidexterity, Two-weapon Fighting, Improved Two-weapon Fighting. Additionally, you may want to restrict it so it only grants the extra attack when you are using a matched pair of weapons or two wepaons that have Weapon Focus in ...

Marshall

First Post
What it does is allow a char. that has chosen the TWF path to use TWF in most circumstances.
A 2H fighter Always fights 2-handed even in AoO's or Standard Attacks. But a TWF fighter only gets to fight TWF in an FAA, making his two feats next to useless an astonishing amount of the time. If you go with Double Strike the TWF fighter gets to use his prefered style almost all the time.

The comments on the other boards were more worried about what to do when combined with Sneak Attacks...

drowdude

First Post
Spell Emphasis roxxx, might add that one to my campaign.

Marshall said:
What it does is allow a char. that has chosen the TWF path to use TWF in most circumstances.
A 2H fighter Always fights 2-handed even in AoO's or Standard Attacks. But a TWF fighter only gets to fight TWF in an FAA, making his two feats next to useless an astonishing amount of the time. If you go with Double Strike the TWF fighter gets to use his prefered style almost all the time.

The comments on the other boards were more worried about what to do when combined with Sneak Attacks...

I kinda like Double Attack but the potential problems when combined with Sneak Attack do make it less attractive.

Perhaps you should up the requirements a bit... BAB +12 and Improved 2-Weapon Fighting perhaps?

Cloudgatherer

First Post
I think Spell Emphasis is a little weak, Double Attack a little strong. Here is a version of a similar feat I cooked up.

Rushed Attack [General, Fighter]
Through intensive combat training, you are able to make a hasty attack in addition to your normal attack.
Prerequisites: Int 13+, Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, base attack bonus +11 or higher
Benefit: Once during a non-full round attack action, you may take an additional attack with a –15 penalty to your highest base attack bonus on your attack roll.

Later!

las

First Post
Looks good and yes I think it will need spell focus. See my feat it takes anther feat to get it and that one takes some time. It shoude be some where on the bords. They might work well to gether.

billking

First Post
It wouldn't be broken if it applied only to charge attacks and/or attacks of opportunity. As a matter of taste, I would have it apply only to charges and name it "Two-Handed Charge" or something.

Marshall

First Post
Cloudgatherer said:
I think Spell Emphasis is a little weak, Double Attack a little strong.

I was originally thinking +2 levels, but then I realized that +1 Cl is equal to 1/2 of Spell Penetration on top of the obvious effects.
As for putting Spell Focus as a prereq, Why? Its not powerful enough to require delaying and you could say that SE should be a req for Focus

Here is a version of a similar feat I cooked up.

Rushed Attack [General, Fighter]
Through intensive combat training, you are able to make a hasty attack in addition to your normal attack.
Prerequisites: Int 13+, Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, base attack bonus +11 or higher
Benefit: Once during a non-full round attack action, you may take an additional attack with a –15 penalty to your highest base attack bonus on your attack roll.

Later!

-15 !?!?!? :eek:
But seriously, as I've seen demonstated over and over again, the two attacks from TWF are ~ the 1 attack of 2HF. Why not with yet another feat(up to 3 now) let the TWF guy get his benefits.
And hes still out in the cold on Charge(FRA), AoO(?) and Flatfooted(partial) because you only get the off-hand on standard or FAA.

Remove ads