• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pssthpok

First Post
Double-wrong.

1) You can't attest to the validity of a system based on DM's negligence. Using your logic, I could easily say that a Tarrasque is a CR 5 if the DM coughs a lot while I fudge the dice.
2) You must involve yourself in Events to gain Worship, which is not exclusively 'roleplaying'-based, but depends a lot on how well you throw a die. There is a hard system for determining how many WP you get from an Event; it's not really up to the DM's mood at all.

Thanks for answering in my abscence WarDragon dude! :)

Fire away dante mate! :)

dante58701 said:
Another topic...

How many monkey worshipers would a Legendary Monkey need to become a monkey god?

Monkeys (or any animals or creatures of insufficient intellect) don't give worship points, they are incapable of worship.

A Legendary Monkey would either have to be born as a god or use the Power or Resonance methods. Or alternately get non-monkeys to worship it (as per Hanuman/Songoku - who is worshipped by humans).

dante58701 said:
The reason Im asking is because Im playing a Legendary Monkey who seeks godhood so he can wipe out all the humans (humans are notorious monkey murderers).

Well good luck getting humans to worship him then. :D

Omeganian

Explorer
There are plenty of human hating races... although I can't imagine them to be such monkey lovers. Maybe a travel to the Planet of Apes?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Why would any species have to have human worshipers. Isn't that kinda of...well...extremely bull----. Why couldn't a tribe of intelligent monkeys have their own god.
Hell for that matter, why would any race need humans to become gods. Humans are worthless arrogant sacks of crap as a whole. Sure there are a few outstanding individuals such a Joan of Arc and Mother Theresa, but generally speaking...humans are not very enlightened.

Just my opinion I guess, but I think any intelligent species could easily have it's own gods without human involvement.

I also dont really buy that monkeys have an mere 2 intelligence. Sure, some species maybe, but primates are not normal animals. I figure them more as primitive humanoids.

Hey dante mate! :)

dante58701 said:
Why would any species have to have human worshipers.

They wouldn't, I only used that as an example. The worshippers need to be of above animal intelligence though.

dante58701 said:
Isn't that kinda of...well...extremely bull----.

No, you are just mistaking what I said and overreacting. ;)

dante58701 said:
Why couldn't a tribe of intelligent monkeys have their own god.

You didn't specify they were intelligent monkeys, you stated monkeys.

dante58701 said:
Hell for that matter, why would any race need humans to become gods.

You don't. I simply gave you an example of 'a' Monkey god on Earth who was worshipped by humans, because thats the only race on Earth that does worship.

dante58701 said:
Humans are worthless arrogant sacks of crap as a whole.

Some of them are even prone to jumping to the wrong conclusion and over-reacting. :p

dante58701 said:
Sure there are a few outstanding individuals such a Joan of Arc and Mother Theresa, but generally speaking...humans are not very enlightened.

Don't get me started on Mother Teresa.

dante58701 said:
Just my opinion I guess, but I think any intelligent species could easily have it's own gods without human involvement.

Of course they could.

dante58701 said:
I also dont really buy that monkeys have an mere 2 intelligence. Sure, some species maybe, but primates are not normal animals. I figure them more as primitive humanoids.

I'd probably give them Intelligence 4.

Nevertheless I suggest a minimum 6 intelligence before a being can worship.

You could probably chart something like

Monkey Int 4
Neanderthal Int 6
Cro-Magnon Int 8
Modern Sapiens Int 10 (averages*)

*The greater the average the greater the range obviously.

mercucio

First Post
UK,

Where the Plane of Dreams fit into you cosmology. Is there one? If there is one is it treated like a True plane (i.e is formed from an Old One) or is it more like a layer?

mercucio said:

Hi mercucio mate! :)

mercucio said:
Where the Plane of Dreams fit into you cosmology. Is there one? If there is one is it treated like a True plane (i.e is formed from an Old One) or is it more like a layer?

Well the Far Place (Far Realm) is the dimension of Thought. Therefore the Plane of Dreams would be something that bridged the Prime Material and the Far Realm. Possibly it would be interdimensional in nature. There may also be "Dreamcatcher" demi-planes that certain beings have created to atch the dreams of a given world or group of people. The realms of Deities of Dream/Sleep may act like this for their worshippers.

mercucio

First Post
How would divine realms for deities of Dream (I'll have a tentative Portfolio template up later today) function? Would they be considered part of the Far Realm, the Outer Planes, ect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads