NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedrious

First Post
Phantom Llama said:
No, we have the dictionary's interpretation of skill(s) too much ingrained.

EDIT: I'm curious (since it's come up in PotA), what's your take on the hardness and hp of artefacts?
oddly enough your own link supports UK more than anyone else considering two of the three definitions even mention the word dexterity

1. the ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well: Carpentry was one of his many skills.
2. competent excellence in performance; expertness; dexterity: The dancers performed with skill.
3. a craft, trade, or job requiring manual dexterity or special training in which a person has competence and experience: the skill of cabinetmaking.

Phantom Llama

First Post
jedrious said:
oddly enough your own link supports UK more than anyone else considering two of the three definitions even mention the word dexterity
No it doesn't. Read the definitions more carefully, and also consider the wisdom of turning a mild connotation into a rigid assiociation for something as pivotal as a portfolio.

Hey guys! :)

Phantom Llama said:
No it doesn't. Read the definitions more carefully, and also consider the wisdom of turning a mild connotation into a rigid assiociation for something as pivotal as a portfolio.

I suppose in lieu of actual updates these types of petit discussions arise - my fault I suppose.

The Skill portfolio is clearly the Dexterity portfolio not the "D&D Skills" Portfolio, but I didn't want to name it the Dexterity portfolio because there are no gods of Dexterity in mythology, but there are Gods of Skill.

However, I still say you guys are being a touch over-zealous on the matter.

As for the dictionary definition posted earlier, at risk of continuing this debate, #2 seems to support my claims. :p

Pssthpok

First Post
Isn't it a bit presumptuous to relate Dexterity to Skill on those grounds, though?

At this point, I don't really care. I can design my own portfolios sooner than convince you of anything, but I'm curious.

Howdy mate! :)

Pssthpok said:
Isn't it a bit presumptuous to relate Dexterity to Skill on those grounds, though?

Possibly, but in the act of creation you sometimes have to make presumptions, especially when operating in territory with little or no prior examples.

Pssthpok said:
At this point, I don't really care. I can design my own portfolios sooner than convince you of anything, but I'm curious.

I am sure if it was something serious you could convince me to make certain changes. However, I don't think you can convince me this is that serious.

Hey Farrealmer matey! :)

Long time no see, hope you have been keeping well?

Farealmer3 said:
U_K i have a OT question, which forum did you debate that you believe Marvel Odin isn't a galaxy destroyer.

It was in superherochat.net.

I am not sure if that thread is still active (?) But you could do a search for my name, I always use Upper_Krust on any forum I go to.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Hey UK mate,

long time not seen ^^

Just a quick question cause I'm rather curious about it:

What are you planning to do with the release of 4th edition next summer? Cause I'm pretty sure that the series won't be finished till then :p
Are you planning to finish it in 3.5 or make a change to the rules when 4th comes out?

Anyway, looking forward to the finished Ascension, keep up the good work.

PS: Update your homepage a bit more often if possible :)

Rhuarc said:
Hey UK mate,

Howdy Rhuarc matey! :D

Rhuarc said:
long time not seen ^^

Indeed, although I've been here. ;)

Hope you have been keeping well.

Rhuarc said:
Just a quick question cause I'm rather curious about it:

What are you planning to do with the release of 4th edition next summer?

I am going to create another thread for this. I'll talk more there and ask a few questions therein.

Rhuarc said:
Cause I'm pretty sure that the series won't be finished till then :p

Ya think! :lol:

Rhuarc said:
Are you planning to finish it in 3.5 or make a change to the rules when 4th comes out?

I'll talk about all that in the new thread.

Rhuarc said:
Anyway, looking forward to the finished Ascension, keep up the good work.

PS: Update your homepage a bit more often if possible :)

I'll try.

Tonight is my last night on the tougher schedule at my other job, so after this I'll have a lot more time to concentrate on finishing Ascension, getting v6 out and then completing Gods & Monsters...in between that I'll try and update the website as best I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads