• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rob! :)

rjtrotter said:
Okay, the scenario I was thinking of the Sidereal with the World Sword (which I am having a Soul Object and a Timelord) elevate the Sidereal to a stage-III Demiurge. So now you have a Demiurge, a Timelord (the World Sword), and a large group of Sidereals. If the force is not powerful enough the Demiurge will use the World Sword to destroy the other Sidereals and add their power to it's own to become a full Timelord and the Triad is now facing two timelords instead of group of Sidreals. If needed the two Timelords could merge to become a Duad...

As to the Omega Template, if it's just flavored text, what would it be then? Then maybe add this to the Lord of Necessity Omnific abilities.

Thanks, Rob.

Well certainly a duad might give a triad pause, although even thinking about how I have designed the maths (in the revelations of CR/EL changes) seems to suggest the weaker time lord will have only a slim chance.

While I have tried to design as balanced a system as possible, my motto has always been when you go over CR 200 you are on your own. :cool:

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

Upper_Krust said:
Hey guys! :)

Well the Omega was intended to be the ultimate adversary, so basically it would have all the powers the opponent didn't have (or possibly in the case of the Supreme Being, reworked opposites of all those powers, or a way to nullify them as you mention).

I'm thinking that the Supreme Being may only have positive powers, whereas the adversary would have all the negative powers. Of course I haven't seperated the Transcendental or Omnific stuff into positive or negative yet so thats somewhat ambiguous.

In 4E this may work like the advanced portfolios.

Portfolios (12 types, some with multiple designations) for Immortals
Dimensions (6 types) for Sidereals
Reality/Unreality (2 types) for Eternals

But thats just speculation at this part.

Very interesting; thanks for running through that U_K.

Hey all! :)

Regarding these continual delays (to which I humbly apologise) I have been thinking that in future (and possibly the immediate future), I'll probably revise my overall strategy to make much smaller documents (pdfs). Then three or four of those can be grouped together for the print versions.

For instance:

Angels pdf (Seven from EB#1, Metatron, 3 new (epic) Minion angels and whatever other stuff I can outline, possibly a full Koph Nia team etc.)

Flesh & Blood pdf (Epic Vampires*, epic wights (minions), Epic Mummies, epic ghosts)

*Nosferatu, Strigoi, Varcolac and Erebus himself for instance.

Daemon pdf (Four Horsemen and their minions, their steeds and so forth)

Abomination (and Entity) pdf etc.

So maybe about 16-32 pages per pdf (average 24 lets say). Try and keep it as short and compact as possible while still doing the topic justice. There could be a dragon pack, golem pack and so forth.

What do you think (beyond the idea that getting anything out sooner will be a good idea - that much is obvious)?

The only flaw I can see at this point is that each would probably need its own painted cover...although I suppose I could do one big cover (for the print version) and then use individual sections (eachj quarter?) of that for the pdf covers...? Maybe?

Pssthpok

First Post
To hell with individual painted covers, man. You'll be compiling them for the printer and all that time and effort would go to waste.

Couple that with the fact that ASCENSION STILL ISN'T DONE and you begin to see the exasperation that painting four covers for one book creates. I don't think anyone here will balk at a text cover page for G&M, so long as it's not another 18 months from now... at which point we won't be mad at the cover... :mad:

Speaking of which, what's up with the art update? I thought that was gonna be two days ago.

rjtrotter

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
While I have tried to design as balanced a system as possible, my motto has always been when you go over CR 200 you are on your own. :cool:

No problem, UK! Just looking for ideas and you help me alot with the changes I need to make, only thing I might add is have a flight of wormhole dragons show-up once the timelords start puching holes in to the dimensional barriers, lol.

Thanks!

WarDragon

First Post
Pssthpok said:
To hell with individual painted covers, man. You'll be compiling them for the printer and all that time and effort would go to waste.

Couple that with the fact that ASCENSION STILL ISN'T DONE and you begin to see the exasperation that painting four covers for one book creates. I don't think anyone here will balk at a text cover page for G&M, so long as it's not another 18 months from now... at which point we won't be mad at the cover... :mad:

Speaking of which, what's up with the art update? I thought that was gonna be two days ago.
I second this.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
Hey all! :)

Regarding these continual delays (to which I humbly apologise) I have been thinking that in future (and possibly the immediate future), I'll probably revise my overall strategy to make much smaller documents (pdfs). Then three or four of those can be grouped together for the print versions.

For instance:

Angels pdf (Seven from EB#1, Metatron, 3 new (epic) Minion angels and whatever other stuff I can outline, possibly a full Koph Nia team etc.)

Flesh & Blood pdf (Epic Vampires*, epic wights (minions), Epic Mummies, epic ghosts)

*Nosferatu, Strigoi, Varcolac and Erebus himself for instance.

Daemon pdf (Four Horsemen and their minions, their steeds and so forth)

Abomination (and Entity) pdf etc.

So maybe about 16-32 pages per pdf (average 24 lets say). Try and keep it as short and compact as possible while still doing the topic justice. There could be a dragon pack, golem pack and so forth.

What do you think (beyond the idea that getting anything out sooner will be a good idea - that much is obvious)?

The only flaw I can see at this point is that each would probably need its own painted cover...although I suppose I could do one big cover (for the print version) and then use individual sections (eachj quarter?) of that for the pdf covers...? Maybe?

In all honesty, I'm finding it hard to look past the immediate and obvious benefit of this approach letting you get things out faster. Both because it takes you a while to release a product, and because of the rapidly approaching 4E, I'd like to see the release of as much of your 3.5E material as possible.

Truthfully, given that you've already got plans for a compilation, that would seem to justify not giving each book its own painted cover (particularly since that's just a black hole of time for you), so I'd be fine if you forewent that for each mini-release.

mercucio

First Post
I'll be honest UK, I could care less if you painted a cover or even drew illustrations. This is not to say your art is crappy (it's not), but we are not buying your books for the art. We are buying them for the cool monsters, mechanics, and setting.

*cracks whip* Less drawing, more typing! :p

Anabstercorian

First Post
Yeah. Frankly, your art isn't that much of a value add to the product, and the only people buying your stuff right now are your devoted fanbase. If you don't provide them with something to buy, you'll lose them too.

I think U_K's art is pretty neat. When I first came to his site I saw the picture of that big tornado monster and said, "That is awesome!"

But if it comes to a choice between really neat illustrations and cover art VS. more ancient reality-warping 7-dimensional undead demons beyond mortal comprehension, I'll take the demons. (Though, since they are 7 dimensional, and beyond mortal comprehension, an illustration might help to clarify what exactly they look like. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads