• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmoon

Explorer
Hi, after a lot of months of abstinence I and my friends continue our immortal campaign.
I'm happy to see that Acension is almost finished. A little question.
An immortal character with more effects like fire and holy can combine them for example into a unique beam for double damage (half fire/half holy)?

Dragonmoon said:
Hi, after a lot of months of abstinence I and my friends continue our immortal campaign.

Howdy Dragonmoon! Nice to have you back. :)

I'm happy to see that Acension is almost finished.

Almost...

A little question.

Fire away.

An immortal character with more effects like fire and holy can combine them for example into a unique beam for double damage (half fire/half holy)?

No. The damage is always based on Hit Dice/Level. You can combine two effects (such as Fire Beam and Holy Beam) but the damage will still be the same as a single Fire Beam.

e.g. You could have a 50d6 Fire Beam or a 50d8 Holy Beam, but if you combined them it would create a 25d6 fire/25d8 holy beam.

You can multiply an effects damage with certain abilities, Like Telluric Effect.

jedrious

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Howdy Dragonmoon! Nice to have you back. :)

Almost...

Fire away.

No. The damage is always based on Hit Dice/Level. You can combine two effects (such as Fire Beam and Holy Beam) but the damage will still be the same as a single Fire Beam.

e.g. You could have a 50d6 Fire Beam or a 50d8 Holy Beam, but if you combined them it would create a 25d6 fire/25d8 holy beam.

You can multiply an effects damage with certain abilities, Like Telluric Effect.
another idea not put into print?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Improved Combat Expertise...it's one of my favorite feats.

On another topic...Elder Evils.

Has anyone seen this book yet, I have it and it has a new and interesting abilities.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Hi, Uk. I've been away for far too long.

I am curious to know if Ascension is still slated for PDF release, or is it already available? Your ideas are absouletly awesome and are just shooting for with my homebrew.

I know you stated earlier (maybe in another thread) about converting material to 4E, but am also curious to know if there is enough backing for a 3.5 release. I'd give my left, well whatever, you don't nedd to know that much, but I'd really like to see Ascension as a 3.5 product.

GQuail

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Do you have the Ascension pdf? If so the text won't change massively from 2.8 to the finished book.

As others have since pointed out, it's still not quite complete, though: jedrious' list may be "minor" for the most part, but it's a big list, and would affect some PCs more than others. And as they note, this...

Upper_Krust said:
The damage is always based on Hit Dice/Level. You can combine two effects (such as Fire Beam and Holy Beam) but the damage will still be the same as a single Fire Beam.

...is one of those "ethereal comments on the message board" things, because I didn't pick up any hint of that in the book. So there's clearly still changes to be made and, since I find reading a hard copy much, much easier to actualy use at the table, that means printing out the whole thing for me. (well, printing out and switching those pages which have changed: but that could be a lot of pages depending.)

As for "I can't fit the pre-reqs in the tables": hmm, well, that's unfortunate but I suppose unavoidable with the list of pre-reqs, especially if you're aiming for a certain page count for the print copy. Still, considering that the ELH and D&DG manages to stick to their format (didn't they?) it's a shame that the table page here won't be quite as complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads