D&D (2024) New leak looks real bad

Jahydin

Hero
I think someone could be bieng taken for a ride. Does anybody have that thread with that image handy?
Is this about the slide? I posted it awhile ago only to find out it was probably fake.

From Beyond's Community Manager, Sarah:
The content of this slide did not come from Wizards of the Coast and doesn't reflect any current plan. Stay tuned for Wizards Presents tomorrow where we do have some fun surprises from players!

Clint_L

Hero
Yes, we do; "this" is what's mentioned in this latest leak. That it's possibly not reflective of what's eventually released isn't really relevant; there's nothing inherently wrong with having opinions and reactions on unconfirmed/incomplete information, what's wrong is not adjusting the opinions accordingly when more complete/trustworthy information is eventually released.
Okay, tell me what it is.

I want to know exactly what I am getting for my $30, down to the specific items, if VTT or DnDBeyond subscription features are included, and if so which, whether sourcebook access is included, whether there is a discount for things already purchased, whether it is shareable, whether there actually will be an AI dungeon master feature...

You don't have a clue what is being allegedly offered for $30/month.

This is the leak by GeekNative in Aug 2022.
dnd-beyond-leak-scaled.jpeg

Apparently, there are only two tiers − all or nothing − $0 or $30-per-month.

The no-cost plan only allows "3 encounters" on the VTT. Yikes!

Also, no homebrew content for no-cost.
They've learned nothing, I don't see any kind of tech to prevent it from leaking/identifying the leaker. I don't know the name of the tech, but it's some kind of light beacons that change colors depending on where you are seating, so at least you'd know where the guy who leaked information was seated at.

Remove ads