• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NG vs. NE: Neutral Evil is Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Greybar[sblock]Thank you for reminding me about the blade barrier. Infiniti reminded me about it a few rounds after the rats came in; that is why I had to adjust their hit points. If it were not for you players helping me, I would not be doing so great at moderating. The Inspire effects are gone because they last for five rounds after singing stops, and Inspire is only usable once per day.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
The rats' only chance methinks was for Jurathor to roll a natural one. (insert CN whine) If only the mod would use the same d20 for NG that he does for CN...

:p

Infiniti2000

First Post
A huge, pale yellow-orange mass of flesh flies into the arena to 105n90e20z. It is surrounded by a large white mist (60ft radius), concealing it's exact shape. It also has a dark reddish mist closer to its body and below it. Big Ugly Dude (Bud) concentrates and a thick, yellowish green cloud forms up around Jurathor, draining his constitution.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Round 148

As Bud enters the arena, he gets shredded by blades of force (14 Ref save) for 35 points of damage. Bud has 67 HP remaining.

Jurathor resists the poisonous vapors partially (36+2=38 Fort save), but still takes 2 points of Constitution damage. Jurathor's Constitution drops to 21 and he now has 164 HP remaining.

The poisonous cloud drops to the ground and lands at 20N60E.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Jurathor decides he doesn't want to experience too much more of that, so he wings directly into the misty cloud to hunt out that fleshy body within.

(MEA to 105n90e45z and Bite)

OOC: that move assumes Bud is 10ft tall so my bite will just reach at that height. If not, adjust as needed - the idea being to stay above and at bite range.

Last edited:

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC: Bud is ten feet tall (going up to 25Z), so with a 15 foot reach you have to be at 40Z to bite him. Jurathor is at 105N90E40Z.

Jurathor bites Bud (rolled 37) for 18 points of damage. Bud has 54 HP remaining after healing. Jurathor can see Bud clearly while in the mist.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Bud looks like a massive ball of flesh, covered in eyeballs and with almost a dozen waving tentacles. He also has a few chitinous claws on long stalk-like appendages. The white mist is much clearer once you are inside it, and you can see the reddish, blood-like mist hanging around Bud and especially below him. It appears as though he's bleeding, but not from any wounds you can see (besides the one just opened up from the bite and the ones from the blade barrier).

Bud does nothing but fly around and end up at 105n90e50z, just above Jurathor. Jurathor gets covered in the reddish mist. You don't see any wings, though.

ugulu

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
It appears as though he's bleeding, but not from any wounds you can see (besides the one just opened up from the bite and the ones from the blade barrier).
Is is any wonder why I love this game? :D

PJSlavner

Explorer
Round 149

Jurathor bites Bud on approach (rolled 42+1=43) for 19 points of damage. Bud has 35 HP remaining.

Bud bleeds reddish acidic mist on Jurathor. Jurathor partially dodges it (22+2=24 Ref save) and takes 1 point of acid damage. Jurathor has 163 HP remaining.

The poisonous cloud moves to 10N55E.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Jurathor does a wide spiral (80 ft flatpath), much like he did with the rats before, to place himself above Bud and bites down on the fleshy mass hard.

MEA from 105N90E40Z to 105N90E70Z
Std: Bite with Power Attack at +2

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads