• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NG vs. NE: Neutral Evil is Victorious!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Pol the Giant Psurlon enters the arena. Your turn, NG.
[sblock] Slither through the blade barrier and hope for a bad SR check. Move to 20n80e and activate the inertial armor.

PLA for reference (ML 18 unless otherwise noted):
at will - concussion blast (5d6, 4 targets), inertial armor, read thoughts (DC 16)

3/day - brain lock (all types, DC 16), cloud mind (DC 16), energy bolt (ML 12th, 2d6, DC 20)

1/day - psi dim door, telekinetic maneuver (+22 check modifier), telekinetic thrust (575 lb, DC 17)

I prefer the elder psurlon. These abilities suck. Quickened t. thrust? 1/day? That's ridiculous. At least the non EPH version was 3/day. And, the energy bolt...why does it suck so badly? 2d6? Not even the base 5d6?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
Pol:[sblock] You take 41 points of damage from the blade barrier (29 CL check, 9 Ref save). You have 94 hp left. The psionic stats you posted are for an elder psurlon, not a giant psurlon. I hope your father-in-law is doing better.[/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Michaela's replacement can now enter at the end of round 123. I still cannot remember if someone entering the arena knows where its opponent is if its opponent is hiding somewhere.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Since the combatant is considered to be watching before entering, I think they'd see the opponents move (which might be as useless as seeing them take four steps in and vanish).

Infiniti2000

First Post
Actually, you're not watching. You see nothing of what your opponent has done or looks like until you enter the arena. I think Gansk had allowed an opponent to always know the location of the combatants within the arena and who's "side" they were on. But, I'm not sure of that or exactly what you know, so I'll leave it up to the Mods.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
someone shows up from CG to join the crowd in the stands - "Hey their AD put up a blade barrier why didn't Joakim think of that?" - not sorry about missing the battleship match though.

about Psurlons
[sblock] Giant Psurlons should be assumed to have a 12d6 Energy Bolt since it does say ML 12 right next to it. The elder has a 12d6 and the average 7d6, and they didnt want th Gaint to have an 18d6 so they left it at 12th ML. The quickened TK Thrust is just dumb, a hold over from Arcane TK at 3/per day - but concussion blast is better than soundburst - although both are a waste of a GPs action.

btw I like the LoM versions - They may see action in my tabletop game shortly and I had forgotten they were updated in that book. (my table game is 16th lvl and going to the Plane of Elemental Earth to take on/steal from the Acromental. ) I was adding in some physical Damge powers anyway. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Jurathor flies in, ponderously gaining altitude to 20n80e30z, humming a battle tune to himself in a terribly deep reverberating ultra-bass, and breathes down a cone of sonic energies at 20n80e.

[sblock]
I know that's not the same as the Inspire Courage yet, but it's just setting the scene so to speak.
Frightening Presence, of course... or if the opponent can't see the dragon does that help avoid it?
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads