Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Mmm, I'm certainly okay with continuing a game that has three players (though that's the minimum for me), but the trouble is that Kel seemed kind of like the heart and soul of the team. To compound that, in all my later resurrections of this adventure (though not when I originally ran it), I've found it rather useful to have a PC around who is personally invested in the princess in some way--when I ran this the first time, the lack of such caused the group to get rather spectacularly sidetracked.

I fear that with Shan early dropped out, Kel gone, and Sulannus metamorphosing on us, all we have left constant are Blunt and Titus, who have remained steadfast throughout, but they haven't been too invested with any of the NPCs. Think we could find someone to read the thread and take over Kel?)

Shayuri

First Post
(To complicate things more, the main reason I decided to Clericize Sulannus was because it seemed silly to have two wizards in the party. :) Now, unless someone takes Kel over, we have none...)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: ...At least not for the moment ;)

Also, I can't believe that you made the change just because of that--I thought you said it was a character imagination issue. it's kind of silly to worry about having two Wizards, especially when one of them is an Arcane Trickster and one is a Duskblade. They each play quite differently, and more Wizards are (usually) merrier, I think)

Shayuri

First Post
(Hah! Okay, let me try to pull an Obama here and talk my way out of this. ;) I didn't phrase the above too well. The wizard thing was -one- reason I changed Sulannus, but far from the only. The severity of our beating in our first fight, combined with the long, protracted...horribly irritating...recovery time made me think that we really couldn't wait the 7-odd levels for Su to "mature" as a character, mechanically. Not to mention, the Arcane Archer is really not too terribly good a class. So I figured, okay, I'll go fighter/wizard/eldritch knight. But with the stat array I wound up with, combined with Kel's decision to go Arcane Trickster weakened that notion to me. The idea of becoming a cleric came from when I was rereading the old posts and thinking of Su's background and trying to find a solution for being a 'spellcasting archer' that wouldn't cripple me for the foreseeable future.)

(So yeah, I've struggled with Su. If I really had to blame one thing more than anything else, it'd be the stat array...which is pretty awful. Not in terms of it being below average. It's just -really- inefficiently distributed, which offends my mathematical mind. :))

Remove ads