D&D 4E Not going to 4e

JoeGKushner

First Post
While I have years left of 3.5 material to use, I'm very curious to see some actual meat and bones of the mechanics behind 4e and see how much of that I can bring into my other games.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
So far, I would PLAY 4e-- but someone else will have to buy / run it.

PS-- glad to see this thread hasn't been filled with "How dare you question the wisdom of 4e flavored Kool-aid!" flames. In the past I noticed posts questioning / criticizing 4e or WotC have always been badly flamed. I appreciate the mods for being proactive here. Everyone is entitled to an opinion-- even if it does / doesn't support 4e.

ivocaliban

First Post
EricNoah said:
I'm not ready now, and I don't think I will be for a long time, if at all. I have so much 3E stuff to explore and use it's silly to even contemplate moving on. And I don't have anyone excited about the prospect in any of my groups.

I also don't think 4E will be ready for me (in terms of solid computer support) for some time after initial release. So I'll definitely want to let WotC shake out the bugs for a bit. I will keep up with 4E news and try to read reviews and so forth out of academic curiosity.

About a month ago I made this statement on another forum:

"I'm not interested in 4e at the moment and I'm hardly intrigued by many of the hints of what's to come. That said, it's far too soon to tell exactly what it's going to look like when it comes down the tube. The earliest I can see adopting a new edition is around 2010. By then I should be able to see the pros and cons of 4e and be able to make an informed decision.

As it stands now, I've got enough 3e material to run campaigns well beyond the scope of my lifespan, so the new edition had better be pretty impressive for me to adopt it."

I still pretty much feel the same way.

Betote

First Post
Most probably I'll buy the core books, take what I like (second wind, wizard implements, maybe streamlined feats/skills/races) and houserule it into my 3.5 games. I've become too used to this edition to push it apart in favor of the new shiny thing...

... But I'm too much of a geek to not wanting to have that new shiny thing on my shelves :D

AWizardInDallas

First Post
I'm a game master and I have no desire to purchase the 4E rule books. My players feel the same. I have no plans to game master or be a player in 4E games either. D&D is becoming to superhero-ish for my tastes. I'm going to peek at the new SRD when it comes out, house ruling anything we like. We'll be playing 3.5 or 3.75 from here on out. I even have plans to re-assimilate some 2E material.

Mortellan

Explorer
I'm in the camp that doesn't want to DM 4E, but may be open to playtesting it at least. The straw that broke my back is the races in the PHB. I'd rather DM 3.5 Eberron at this point.

I'm sure I'll look at it and I'll probably even buy the core books but from what I've seen so far I'm not at all interested in moving to 4E. What I'll probably do is mine 4E for good rules that are easily compatible with 3.5 but otherwise continue using the 3.5 rule set.

WotC has bungled 4E big time.

Remove ads