Now You Can Play With Vin Diesel's WITCH HUNTER Class!

The class played by Vin Diesel in his recent D&D game was a custom class called the Witch Hunter, designed for him by DM Matt Mercer. Geek & Sundry has released the class as a nine-page PDF! "In a landscape tormented by all manner of beasts, devils, and abominations from beyond the veil, most live in fear of the dark, of superstition, and of the unknown. Some grow hardened by this experience, instead choosing to stand up and fight against the tide of shadow. These folk are called 'heroes'. Some, however, are so fanatical and bent on destroying the anethema that plagues the countryside that they embrace dark, forbidden knowledge. They so obsessively research forgotten magics and dangerous, experimental alchemy to become the perfect hunter that their humanity is often called into question. These folk are called 'Witch Hunters'."

The class played by Vin Diesel in his recent D&D game was a custom class called the Witch Hunter, designed for him by DM Matt Mercer. Geek & Sundry has released the class as a nine-page PDF! "In a landscape tormented by all manner of beasts, devils, and abominations from beyond the veil, most live in fear of the dark, of superstition, and of the unknown. Some grow hardened by this experience, instead choosing to stand up and fight against the tide of shadow. These folk are called 'heroes'. Some, however, are so fanatical and bent on destroying the anethema that plagues the countryside that they embrace dark, forbidden knowledge. They so obsessively research forgotten magics and dangerous, experimental alchemy to become the perfect hunter that their humanity is often called into question. These folk are called 'Witch Hunters'."

Find the PDF over at Geek & Sundry here. It's a fully illustrated 20-level class for D&D 5th Edition, with three Orders to choose from - Order of the Ghostslayer, Order of the Profane Soul, and Order of the Mutant.

Watch Vin Diesel's D&D game below.

[video=youtube;yLEMb_RIZ3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o[/video]

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Very very cool.

I had both a blood knight and blood mage subclasses ideas for fighter and warlock planned and now I don't need to do them.

As a guy who likes exploration heavy offensive focused player characters, I am a fan of this.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I reviewed it. I like it.

Now to figure out how to immerse it into my campaign lore.

The current players don't know, so it will be easier, but Witch Hunters used to be ranger/psionics that would stun their evil mage opponents. I could change it up, cause this class is very appealing.

CM

Adventurer
The profane soul order is pretty close to my 4e avenger character concept (he multiclassed into wizard and was dabbling in arcane magic in an attempt to learn the magic of his enemies in order to fight them more effectively).

I wonder how hard it would be to create a new order that is purely divine-flavored like the avenger.

Looks pretty good, would allow it in my game.

Orlax

First Post
This class is awesome! This is exactly the type of stuff I want. Some of the mutagens are fairly situational in their usage, but a number of them are so awesome that the situational ones are just perfect for filling out the capabilities of the feature.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Going to be having one in my Rage against Demons campaign. (one player's character died near the close of last session) Waiting to see what order they go with, but I think profane soul would be the easiest. Not a far stretch for the party to encounter a Witch Hunter down there at this point.

Sir Brennen

Legend
The 15th level Ghostslayer ability - Gravesight - while thematically fine, also feels like a nod to Diesel's other character, Riddick.

"You're not afraid of the dark, are you?"

Remove ads

Remove ads