[Oct] What Are You Reading?

Warehawk

Explorer
Currently:

Rivalry Saturday by Dave Hollingsworth and Steve Waite
Committed : Confessions of a Fantasy Football Junkie by Mark St. Amant

On Deck:

Bloody Sundays : Inside the Dazzling, Rough-and-Tumble World of the NFL by Mike Freeman

Something for Halloween. Don't know what yet.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Since I'm taking classes this fall, I don't have time to read to pleasure. I guess I could list my school books, since I have to read those.

Writing Fiction by Burroway
Short Fiction by someone I can't remember
And some HUGE coffee-table Wine book.

Once the semester is over, I'll read Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan. If I have time after finishing that before the spring semester starts, I'll probably re-read The Cleric Quintet by R.A. Salvatore.

JediSoth

Asmo

First Post
Finished "Perdido Street Station" by China Miéville wich was a good read - not spectacular - but soild.
Also finished "The Rule of Four" by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason.
A book in the spirit of "The Da Vinci Code" but better. A highly enjoyable read!

Asmo

Jamdin

Explorer
I am about halfway through Michael Flynn's Lodestar. I bought the book for a dollar and it is a hardcore science fiction novel. I threatened to stop reading it twenty times because there is a large number of characters that the book follows. Not the best science fiction book that I have read but far from the worst.

I ordered the grab bags from the Science Fiction Book Club earlier this week so I can't wait to see what I get. This time they had a grab bag for science fiction and another one for fantasty. I ordered both since each had three books for $9.99. I love grab bags :)

Aris Dragonborn

First Post
Actually reading two books simultaneously:

Eragon, by Christopher Paolini, in preparation for reading the sequel Eldest.

Fitzpatricks's War, by Theodore Judson. A sci-fi novel, set in the twenty-sixth century of earth. Interesting read so far.

In a week or two, I'll be picking up Knife of Dreams.

Also currently reading through Star Wars d20 in preparation for an upcoming campaign.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Merlion said:
Just the novella, or the short story collection of the same name?

I never finished the novella...need too.

Mmmm....lovecraft...
The short story collection. With the absence of good programming on TV, I'm likely to finish it and start reading it again this weekend.

AelyaShade

First Post
"Elegy for a Lost Star" by Elizabeth Hayden. However, I'm just about done with it, so I plan to read through the "A Storm of Swords" by George R. R. Martin. After that, I have "Frankenstein" by Dean Koontz waiting in the wings.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads