Off to War - Duet (Jareth)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth nods solemnly. "Absolutely certain. And the crime has a penalty of death." He watches Fallon adding things to the cooking pot. Somehow, no matter what the old man tossed in, the food managed to smell and taste quite good. Just like he somehow managed to find out where Jareth's family is, just by sitting and seeming to think hard...

"I understand about the troops. A new acquaintance was going to lead me to Tirol, where I would try to get him freed. But that chance is gone, so I've got to make the journey myself." The young man pauses and shakes his head. "Fallon, he's on trial because of me. I'm not going to let another man die because of me, to save me," he states, an exasperated tone in his voice and a melancholy look in his eye. Tharivol will not share the fate of that Treylor in the chasm. I'll make sure of it, one way or another.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well I hate, hate to tell you this then." Fallon says looking at Jareth in all seriousness. "Your only chance is to ask Dellex for help."

The older man gets a sad look on his face as if remembering something long past. "But if, if you do. It would be best not to mention where Tharivol is. Or as I said before he would, would probably send the army in to rescue him, and that would be disastrous."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth's expression clearly reads 'dumbfounded'. Shaking his head from side to side, the young man confusedly asks, "Wait. You say I must ask Dellex for help, but if I tell him why I need help, he'll do exactly the worst possible thing. Not to mention the last time I saw that worm face-to-face, I cracked his calm facade, enough to make him nearly assault me. And I'd sooner sleep with an orcish matron than ask that power-hungry cretin for assistance."

The young man stands and paces back and forth, cracking his knuckles. "There has to be another way. Is there a way to conceal me, long-term, or make me look like an elf? A number of illusions or transmutations should be able to accomplish such a thing. Or even a fast method of travel, above the trees and giving me a clear shot to Tirol... There has to be a way!"

[sblock=OOC]
For reference, Jareth's suggestions could include Ring of Invisibility, Hat of Disguise, Fly, Overland Flight, Wind Walk, Teleport... I think you get the idea. ;)
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"You would, would not make it far without your guide. You don't know where to look for this Tirol or in what direction. You would search and search and possible get lost in the woods. And I could help you fly there but again not long enough search before you had to go on foot."

Fallon watches Jareth pace, "If you wish, wish to find out where your guide, this Tira, is then you need Dellex's help. I'm sorry."

[sblock=OOC] Take a look at K2V I think they need you there, ASAP. Besides we need a revisit with Dellex it will be fun. :p [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
"And what can Dellex do that you can't? I asked you a question I didn't expect answered, and then you sat down, concentrated, and gave me an answer! If you can do things like that, why can't you do something to find Tira? Hell, a spell of Scrying would do the job. Any way we can avoid going to Dellex."

[sblock=OOC]
I've been following along (I'm nosy that way ;) ). I think they can handle it. :p

And another chat with Dellex is not my definition of "fun." Jareth isn't forgiving the accusation of treason, the not-so-subtle insults and the confiscation of his chain. Not a chance. He might patch up with Mal (if the stick-up-his-bum gets loosened a bit), but he's more likely to strangle Dellex in his sleep. :devil:
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"He could send, send you right to her for one." Fallon says in answer. "I do have a few abilities that have kept me my position here, but I am not nearly as powerful as Dellex. Not, not anymore."

"No human knows, knows the elven woods or where Tirol is, you will need her I believe. Your past relationship with Tharivol makes you the best choice to go and this mission is important to Dellex, by the way he is using everyone to, to search. Use the fact that you know where Tharivol is, have a way to get through hostile territory to find him. And, and that he will possibly listen to you over any other human and return to the camp with you." Fallon looks like he to wishes there was another way then says.

"It is your, your decision ultimately. I could find a way to help you sneak through I think, but again I don't know how you would find the city. Maybe a disguise and story to tell any elves you encounter. I don't know."
The older man looks quite undecided as what to do and waits for Jareth to decide.

[sblock=OOC] A or B I am fine either way. [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth frowns as he paces, mind starting to race at breakneck speeds. Can't afford to go to Dellex. That cowardly viper would only inhibit me, not assist. Something else... arcane... Skazul! Or perhaps Brend... But a way to procure their services...

A smile creases the young man's features as his pacing comes to an abrupt halt. He says over his shoulder to Fallon, "Keep those ideas in mind. I've got to see a real Lord about some help."

Securing the Treylor chain about his waist, the red-haired warrior-mage heads for Harkon Manor at a quick pace. Now to find either of the Lords Valorn and appeal to their sense of honor... Or a favor. Far better to be indebted to a man of honor than a lying snake.

[sblock=OOC]
A or B, eh? How about C? ;)

Heading for Harkon to try to find either Vance or Vir. :)
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Well I have decided that when I offer someone choice A or B and they take C, that they should lead off. LOL :p

So post up finding which ever of the two you wish:

Vir = in manor house (nurse and body guard nearby)
Vance = wayhouse (Brend nearby)

And I of course will play along. :D [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Even in normal times, the sight of a wiry, young, red-haired human with a chain about his waist would be considered strange. Jareth doesn’t even glance at the ground, so intent he is on his goal. Of course, this also makes him miss the divots and gopher holes in the ground and causing him to stumble. He keeps going, ignoring the minor annoyances they cause.

As he walks, something keeps nagging at the back of his thoughts. A few cinder-sparks fall from his fingers as his mind goes back over the recent battle, even as his body is not far from the actual site. More than anything, his mind is focused on the effects of his magic and how to improve it. How to speed it further, how to make it work better, how to use the spells from a greater distance; all are part of his focus. The focus is broken, however, when he feels his hand warming… as if he was calling up the Burning Hands without intending, and far faster than should have been possible. He shakes his head, banishing the thought, and continues on his way.

Jareth stops a passing man for a little information, gleaning Vance’s location from the conversation. With his high ideals, he’s likely to attempt assisting me, or at least give some more information or suggestions. He pauses in his steps, a new thought occurring to him. Though recent experience tells not even those unlikely to help will not do so…

Jareth resumes his pace, heading for the wayhouse and calmly entering. On finding Lord Vance, he approaches and gives a short bow. “Milord, I have a pressing need you may be able to assist me with. It involves locating a person and quick travel… Perhaps magic… And it would be best if we could discuss such in as private a location as possible.”

[sblock=OOC]
Don’t you just love player-thrown curves? :lol:

At least it shows you have players who think a little outside the box. ;)
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Vance sitting at a table nods back to Jareth and in doing so takes note of the new weapon around his waist. He says nothing but Jareth notices a slight twitch to his eyes and a small smile on his lips.

"You wish to travel? Then you must know where Tharivol is then." he says indicating a chair. "This is as private as we can possible get in such a small place as Harkon."

Jareth does notice that besides Brend and Vance there are only the barkeep behind his bar and the serving girl (wiping at tables) in the wayhouse.

"I was at a meeting with Lord Bairan and Lord Dellex last night. Lord Dellex had mentioned that you and a few others were helping in the search. Tharivol is suppose to be vaulable to the effort to prevent the Treylor from invading. You mentioned magic. Why? Where do you need to go excatly?"

Remove ads