Off to War - Duet (Jareth)

Dragonwriter

First Post
The young man looks confused, staring harder at the mirror. "What in the... What is she fighting? What's she gotten into?" Without breaking away from the mirror, Jareth uncoils the chain. "Looks like she's in trouble. Send me now."

[sblock=OOC]
Could you tell me what supplies were (/might have been) set aside for me?

A few posts up, I asked for food supplies, a light source and some healing potions.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Aww, I'm sad :( you don't trust me. LOL :p Am working on it and you will get a little sum-thim sum-thim, as reward for doing this duet. Still working out all the details. But will have it all for XP night.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Aww, I'm sad :( you don't trust me. LOL :p Am working on it and you will get a little sum-thim sum-thim, as reward for doing this duet. Still working out all the details. But will have it all for XP night.

Okay, sounds good. I'm just the kind of person who will keep asking until I get an answer. However, I'm satisfied with an answer of "working on it, get back to you". :)

Of course, you could also make something about the chain special, apart from the obvious RP connection. Jareth has yet to examine it for magic. Partly because he would consider such an act rude, but also because it really hasn't crossed his mind.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Skazul, send him!" Vance yells out, rushing to Jareth's side. But all the man sees is his and the young duskbade's reflection in the mirror.

"Wha-? What?" the old wizard mumbles. "I can not. He must concentrate on the area. He must study it hard. Picture it so I can look into his mind and see it, then only then can I use my magic to send him there."

"I don't see what you see Jareth," Vance says a little more calmly. "Study the image as Skazul has said, and everything will be alright."

Brend steps up beside the two men also and starts pulling at Jareth's pack flap. Before Jareth can protest Vance smiles and lays a hand on his arm. "Just a little something for the road. Now picture what you see, and be ready."

[sblock=OOC] I think we can get you one past post in before tonight. ;) Please fill free to improvise a description. [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth looks into the mirror, searching, studying. Like in his training, studying his foe, studying his surroundings...

The first impression is darkness. Something is shedding light, beating it back, but the palpable, tangible shadows are imposing and overbearing. Tira stands in the light, her form growing more solid and stable as his focus improves. As she becomes clearer, so do the things around her...

Helpless to do anything, Jareth watches as one of the indistinct foes rake her with claws of some sort. A surge of panic wells up in him as he watches his half-sister falter, but is relieved as he sees her keep fighting. The things become clearer, sparking a wave of revulsion in the pit of Jareth's stomach as he can almost smell the foul odor of the things.

The room grows into an ever-clearer image, highlighting more of the rotting, half-dead creatures and the other people fighting against them. Jareth's focus intensifies, weeding away the shadows and haze from the area. He catches a glimpse of the chubby caster, Trinham, and one of the soldiers from the battlefield the other day along with a few other people Jareth has never seen before. They are all battling desperately against the undead menace... And Jareth can see their wounds. "They're losing..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Concentrate," Skazul says obviously having difficulties of his own. "I must... wait I see it, yes."

"Tal'wizen before he leaves..." Vance says letting the rest hang there.

"Yes, very well."
Brend answers before starting an incantation. He is followed by Skazul and they both start chanting in the language of magic. Suddenly Jareth feels both of the spells as the effect him, one (he doesn't know which) seems to make him feel cold and prickles at his skin. The other pulls at every fiber of his being.

At first it latches at the hair on his arms and head. Then the pull seems to want to stretch out his fingers and arms. It's like a child pulling you the way they want you to go and then all is darkness.

The time is almost instantaneous and Jareth's ears still ring from the sounds that came from the room he was in. Skazul finishing his incantation, Brend his prayer, and Vance who just says, "Good luck." as Jareth vanished. Those sounds all distant and yet still near, those sounds mix with the hollow echo of weapons and cursing and when he can see...

[sblock=OOC] See you in K2V DW :D[/sblock]

Remove ads