Off to War - Duet (Jareth)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth takes a seat with a slight hesitation. "I know the general area, but not the precise location. Nor do I know how to reach the area. However, my half-sister knows a route. I was supposed to meet her yesterday, but was... delayed." His voice strains a little at the word 'delayed.' He takes a breath and straightens in his chair. "The magic I request is for finding where she is and then getting to her, with all haste possible. Magic would be the best course, but a skilled tracker could suffice. Would you be able to help me, in the form of a service from Brend? Skazul would, I'm sure, work just as well, but his mental state is... a little perturbing."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Boy that is the worst..." Brend starts to say, but Vance raises a hand and he falls silenty.

"You need to find your sister? She knows where Tharivol is then?" Vance says. Vances eagerness seems to cloud his senses at the moment and he looks ready to help. Brend folds his arms and looks at Jareth like he is a lying, thieving, guttersnipe just caught with his hand in the till.

"It will take preparations. The magic you suggest is possible but needs to be prepared, not all spell casters get their abilities so natural as yourself Lord Kyras." Vance says looking as if he is thinking something over. "Once everything can be ready you would be on your own. We could send you but I'm not sure we could bring you back. Tomorrow at the earliest, till then we should talk to Skazul, it may take that much time to rouse him to the right spell."

Both men stand ready to leave and wait to see if Jareth will join them.

[sblock=OOC] All that was based of there Sense Motive (which I gave them a +2 to for your lousy round about wording LOL. I had planned to out right catch you on it but left it to the dice and they were in your favor.

I mean how do you know a location you can't get to? LOL :p good post none the less, Jareth seems a little less.... I don't no angry, gruff, something I see it though it is subtle.

OK just so you know... according to my notes Jareth is a day ahead of Lora and a day behind the party in K2V so if you wait till "tomorrow" it would coincide perfectly with the current fight. [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth raises an eyebrow at Brend's growl, but inwardly sighs with relief when Vance interrupts. Despite the guardian-priest's obviously holy powers, he perturbed Jareth. Something intimidating about him...

In response to Vance, Jareth nods. "Yes, Tira knows how to get there. Tirol, the Nandirly capital. Obviously within their forest, but no human knows the route. And I'm well aware of the limits of magic. A day's wait is regrettable, but if the method of travel is fast and sure enough, I'm sure it will make up the difference."

He stands up with them, chain rustling quietly. "And sir... Thank you."

[sblock=OOC]
hehe. Glad the dice worked for me. Though wouldn't Sense Motive get the idea I was telling the truth, if rather poorly worded? After all, it's primary use is opposing Bluff.

As for knowing a location and not being able to go there/knowing specifics, it's easy. Look at a map of, say, Oregon. Look at any given city. Can't see any restaurants or streets, but you see the city's location. And if you can't make the trip, you can't go there anyway to find out.
I'll admit my argument is a bit odd, but it's still true. ;)

And I thought there was something of the sort concerning the timeline. Sounds good to me.

Jareth seems a little less.... I don't no angry, gruff, something I see it though it is subtle.
It might be he's developing a little tact/watching his words more carefully. I honestly/obviously don't know what will happen, so we'll just see what comes along. :)
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No need to thank me," Vance says as the three men walk towards the library. "I had a feeling Tharivol may have been beyond reach, and you have confirmed it. And although I would like to go with you to find my nephew, I am needed here."

"By the way do you know anything about some of the soliders from the battle. Marko? Malaroc? or the fat one... ummm sorry don't remember his name. They aren't about. I thought to enlist their aid for the searches but couldn't find them anywhere."

[sblock=OOC] How long do you wish to RP before joining the others?[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth easily keeps pace, head held high. For the first time in several days (or perhaps longer), he actually feels hopeful. "Marko? Was that the one who jumped in front of the barricade-wall? Him, I have no idea. The rest... I think you needn't worry about their locations... I have reason to believe they are already searching for him."

He looks around as the group walks. A priest, a nobleman, and a scruffy-looking young man... Strange times, indeed.

[sblock=OOC]
I can't say I mind the greater XP rates. ;)
And I think it might be funny to watch them stew a little longer... The dice have just been vicious! :lol:

But I suppose I could stand to be reunited with them any time...
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It takes some time, as Jareth knew it would, to bring Skazul around to what it is the group wanted.

"Hrmph," Skazul says the crow cawing in what sounds like laughter. "I knew those spells and was teleporting before you knew how to walk."

"Then I need you to prepare them in the morning Skazul. We need the others as well, what do you need of us."

The old man looks like he is thinking hard and stands from his chair very fast. Knocking a stack of papers over in the process. "My mirror where is my mirror?" he asks casting about. The crow takes flight and turns about the room once cawing as it flies.

"Damn bird," Brend mutters as it flies over his head causing him to duck. Landing on an ornate cabinet it cocks it's head at the men and blinks once at them.

"Ah, yes yes." Skazul says weaving a path through the stacks of books and scrolls. He opens the doors reveling a large silver framed mirror over six feet tall. "A bit dusty," Skazul says blowing on glass. "And the refection has gotten a bit older, but this will work." he says staring at himself in the mirror.

After several minutes of silence Vance nods to Jareth and Brend that they should leave. And once outside he rubs his hands together excitedly. "Well tomorrow you will be on your way, anything you think you might need?"

[sblock=OOC] I will miss the one on one as well it was fun. But I have done the little character building for Jareth that can be done here the next has to do with Tira and Tharivol and him learning a few secrets.

Ok than post up your evening and morning and I think we will sadly put this to bed. [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth looks a little concerned as they step out of Skazul's library. "Are you sure he knows exactly who he is scrying?" The young man remains skeptical of the old wizard's mental faculties.

But he doesn't wait for an answer, instead quickly responding to Vance's question. "Food and similar supplies. If she's underground, a light source... An everburning torch would be best. And, if possible, a handful of healing potions. Never know when trouble can happen. The gods of luck have been rather cruel to us recently. I would appreciate if I could be quartered here for the night, in the same room as before the battle. It would allow me to leave all the earlier tomorrow."

He shifts his weight uncomfortably from one foot to another as he speaks. Asking for so much help is obviously not easy for him. With difficulty in his voice, he manages to say, "And Lord Vance... I must say this again. Thank you."

The red-haired young man swiftly leaves, unsure what else could be said. The thrill of hope, a feeling so rare for him, had given way to a gnawing, nagging doubt. What if something was wrong? What if Tira was in trouble, or worse still, couldn't be found? He quickens his pace, going to his sleeping quarters, hoping that perhaps some rest would banish the disquieting thoughts.

The idea may have been accurate, but his body refuses to rest now. The thoughts, the doubts, make him uneasy, pacing in the room. If Tira was dead through his inaction, trying to accomplish something he should have been doing, it would be another mark of guilt on him. First that Treylor Bon'Dradi died for me. If Tira dies in my place... With a surge of anger and a shout, he throws his hands outwards. And much to his surprise, a stream of fire bursts from between his hands, arcing into the fireplace in front of which he stands. Nothing is there to ignite, but it catches his attention and breaks the train of self-destructive thought.

A half-smile forms on his lips. If she's in trouble, I think I can deal with it. I asked for a way to make the fire go further. I think I just got it. With a new confidence putting his mind at ease, the young man manages to get a peaceful night's rest.

[sblock=OOC]
A little IC learning about Scorching Ray and Quick Cast. ;)
[/sblock]

He wakes a little early the next morning, stretches and focuses as he was taught, then takes a small breakfast from the kitchens. He doesn't eat a lot, just enough to sate himself and definitely not over-full. He packs up the supplies granted him by Vance and goes to find the Lord, preferring to have him deal with Skazul and get the old man's mind around to the right place for the magics needed.

[sblock=OOC]
Yes, I suppose we shall... I took the liberty of assuming the quarters in the manor would be fine again. It makes sense, after all. If you could just let me know what I actually receive... :)

Then I guess it's off to save the rest of the party. ;)

EDIT: By the way, I never got a response from you about this post. Jareth's new level, which actually give him the Scorching Ray and Quick Cast... If you could OK it and tell me which roller you'd prefer, I'd be fine with going along to K2V any time.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jareth returns to the library after stopping in the kitchens, to find the pace much the same as he left it the evening before.

Skazul still stands before the dusty mirror and Vance and Brend stand nearby.

"Greetings Lord Kyras." Vance says as he turns from watching Skazul. Brend nods in the way of a greeting and Jareth notices something different about him.

"Communion,"
Vance says noticing the puzzled look Jareth gives the priest. "He spent the better part of the morning speaking to a representative of his god. So he will be like this for the rest of the day at least."

"Like what?" Brend asks in a voice without it's usual gruffness added.

"Like that." Vance states with a smile. "Come, I think Skazul will be ready in a moment or so."

Jareth let's the nobleman lead him towards the wizard and his mirror. Indeed it looks like the man had not moved all night and still started at his reflection in the large oval disk.

Suddenly without turning around he speaks, "I have set the mirror of friend finding, and it is ready for use. You must look into the mirror and not see yourself but see the friend it is you wish to find."

The wizard takes a step back and allows Jareth to step forward to gaze into the mirror.

[sblock=OOC] I decided to extend this till the 15th. It will be easier on my doing up XP (specialty with that falling in the middle of a work week). And after I reward XP I will post you into K2V. So just a few more RP post and then it's zombie bashing time. [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth returns the greeting with a nod. His mind is clear and fresh, the doubts of last evening banished. Now is the time for action, not second-guessing. He steps over to the mirror, first seeing himself.

He really hadn't realized what an odd sight he was... Lanky, wiry, tousled red hair, sharp green eyes. And something about his mouth... Creases... What was that? After a second of thought and his facial expression changing, he realized it. A semi-permanent scowl. His thoughts, his feelings had etched their mark on his face. It startles him, enough to break his focus on himself. Damnit, I don't matter! I'm not supposed to be looking at or for myself, I'm supposed to be looking for Tira!

He focuses on the half-elven girl, his half-sister. A mental image of her takes shape, soon replicated in the mirror. The transformation of the glass is somewhat disconcerting, highlighting the resemblances between them. The red hair grows longer and the eyes take on a softer gaze. The rest of the features change, but the likeness remains, some family resemblance obvious to all. Family's dirty secret... Not her fault, though.

He continues to focus on Tira, waiting and watching as the mirror reveals where his red-haired, green-eyed half-sister might be.

[sblock=OOC]
I had an inkling it would be so. I don't mind at all.

Could you tell me what supplies were (/might have been) set aside for me?
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The image in the mirror starts to change and the lithe form of Tira appears in it in Jareth's place.

Jareth notices that her back is to him and he catches a glimpse of dark forms around her. As he watches she swings her blade and dodges to the right, looking over her shoulder Jareth can see a grotesque face half decomposed raising an arm to strike at his half-sister.

Remove ads