• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War [IC]

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Born and raised there, from what I understood. But I stand by my words. Though I did not like him overly much, he was still a good man. Honorable to a fault, even, and always following his code as a paladin. He was arrested with us after the battle, though held elsewhere."

Jareth was intensely curious about this turn of events, especially as he would have thought Claude would be released soon after he and Trinham were. The man was a divine-blessed archer, after all, and supposed to be as close to incorruptible as any mortal could. How he could have been held for this whole time under suspicion of conspiracy was the work of madness.

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine leaned forward in her chair, listening in. The larger part of her that was not listening into the conversation tries to recall any sort of information on either the Grignard line as Jareth makes his statement. However, Ern found her mind was not focused on finding out more infomation.

Her mind was thinking once again over the events in the cave. Vester's treasure, still buried in the cavern in the Ways, would be investigated by the dragon eventually. When Haden did not report in, Vester would surely go looking for what happened. After seeing what happened...

A slight, involuntary shiver runs thorough her, which she tries to hide.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal flexed his fingers a little, letting the blood flow through them a little more as the gauntlets are placed on the table. He had not taken the time to fully inspect the newfound gauntlets that Haden had no more need of.

The blackness of the gauntlet was a stark contrast to his own, as he looked at them side by side. His own almost radiated of a power akin to warmth, protection, and a little bit of mischievousness. The other seemed to draw upon the light, beckoning its surrounds with darkness, almost muting the ability for things to shine around it.

Yet, he still sensed its power. He had seen that this craving of power was drawing him to continue this crazy mission. The familiar voice he seeks is still muted, not responding to his request to speak. 'Where are you? I'm back, with the crown. What have I missed?'

His thoughts wait for a response from her...

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham was starting to get used to been in Vance's presence even though Vance considers him to be a peasant and of little consequence. Therefore, as he has nothing pertinent to add to the discussion, he keeps his eyes on the floor and remains silent.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Malaroc]
The small buzzing in his head goes away for a moment and he hears the dragon's groggy thoughts.

"You have done welll. As I knew you would. But I have spent a lot of energy these past few months and fear that I will need to take a nap soon. A nice long nap.

Tell your friends that they need to get the crown to Siere but they shouldn't travel with the army all the way. Once your all closer to the capital the easier it will be for Vester's spies to find you."

A huge yawn erupts inside Mal's head causing him to yawn in hugely in return.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Moving up.

"Don't let my brother hear about any Reygurian plot," Vance says in an almost hushed voice. "He has a keen hatred for them after a party of them killed our father. It was one of the reasons he turned a deaf ear to Lord Grignard's pleas of innocents."

"But that does confirm why two of them were found in the Treylor tent," he goes on thinking.

"Humans! Traveling with a Treylor warhost ,surely you were mistaken they must have been prisoners." Sil says his tone disbelieving.

"No the tent they were found in was no prison tent it was to lavish. And they killed themselves with poison. Probably so as not to be questioned to easily."

Suddenly the side door opens with a boom and out from the kitchen comes an old friend.

"Nay taught dat damn wizard wuild ever 'eave!" Martomum says as he enters the room with two others behind him. "Well I's see ye all mades it back in a one piece. Minds telling me what dees knife-ears are doin 'ere?"

*Ahrmm*

The man in armor behind Martomum clears his throat and the dwarf looks back. "Wha-? Oh aye,"

"Brough tye sume new blood fir yuir group. I taught dae mae be o' use. Teh man missing hair on his 'ead and chin be Rodric of Tor
(religion checks if you want to make them) and ye remember the lass from the aftermath o' thee battle right."

Darling gives the group a smile.

[sblock=OOC]O.k. @Sugar_Silk and @Axel best I could do this late at night. Please give descriptions of what the other PCs see and you can introduce yourselves further.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal listens to the words in his head with heavy weight. They would be without aid from his master for some time. Perhaps there would not be the aid he had hoped for, with his own master taking on Vester in some climactic battle. Dragons flying overhead with blasts of acid breath streaking through the sky, claws and teeth trying to find open areas to wound each other, the blasts of their wings stirring up all things below.

Then there would be a mirrored battle below them, if his gut feeling held true. Mal would do as much as he could to aid in making sure this battle was won by his allies. He would not know how long it would take to get to that point in time, nor would he know who would make it alive that long. His yawn breaks him of his mind racing through this sordid affair, as the door bursts open.

The familiar leader Martomum walks through, his babbling incomprehensible for a moment, yet his meaning seems to state he came with help for them. As Mal's eyes look behind the leader, his spots the oh so familiar form of the one called Darling. The one that he saw at the battle with the Treylor.

His thoughts go back to his master, as he gives one last statement before she goes to sleep. 'It has been some time, and you do need rest. I hope that we will not have need of you and if we do, that you would be at full strength. I have learned much in these past few months, and will continue to do so.'

Mal's attention moves to Darling as his heart rate increases. His last thoughts to Sylindria come in both a message and a promise. 'Vester's spies may find us, but I will do my best to make sure that the crown makes it to Siere and that this war is stopped; one way or another.'

His focus comes back to here and now, as Darling smiles at the group. "It is nice to see that you are still alive and well," he says, giving a slight nod at her as he smiles.

jackslate45

First Post
Ern jumped in shock as the door opened, and was surprised to see three more new faces. The dwarf up front was speaking, and from the sound of it clearly knew the rest of the party. The confirmation from Mal proved that at least two more additions were going with them to Siere.

She shifted her gaze from the dwarf to Rodric. Ern's memory of the ruthless mercenary god Tor gave her the confirmation that another professional was going to be joining them, as well as a much needed cleric. Mal's healing aura was no joke, but very little could beat the healing touch of a cleric after a battle.

Ern then looked upon the other girl in the new group. Her first impression was that of consort with the dress the girl had on, but the shuriken she had ready showed a promise of skill. And apparently familiar with the party, as Mal gives her a welcome. Clearly, more then meets the eye.

She still sat quiet still, waiting for the rest of the party to say by name who the dwarf and the girl where.

Last edited:

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling moved into the room with a feline grace. Her eyes fluttering coyly at Malaroc as she made her way to the fireplace. She warmed her hands for a moment, and then began to slink a slow circle around the table, appraising the assembly.

"I hear you've had quite the adventure!"

She runs her fingers playfully through Jareth's hair as she passes him.

"You and your new friends had all the fun while I was left here chasing dead ends."

Her expression pressed into and exaggerated pout for a moment before lighting up as she moved around to Lora and Ernestine.

"Where did you dig up these pretty jewels?"

Continuing past them to slide easily up behind Trinham. Darling leaned over his shoulder to hover her lips so close to his ear that he could almost feel them. Behind her now, the Cleric the Rogue and the rest cannot help but track the rise of her hem.

"Who're your new friends, and what is this mission? My stout taskmaster has resisted all of my coaxing."

Remove ads