• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War [IC]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth doesn't turn to look at Ern as he says, "You ever try to tie a snake into a knot?" After another few seconds of looking at the vacated door, he turns to face the others. He gives Trinham a nod, recognizing a touch of the fire in his veins.

"Regardless, I think we shook him. He was expecting neither this news nor our resolve to keep him out of the loop. If we can keep him off-balance, we might be able to keep him off the offensive. Or we can force him to act in a... rash manner. Like he nearly did after my tirade - you remember that, Trinham? I had him pushed right up to a breaking point and definitely cracked his calm facade. And I'll bet I could do it again."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"I have an errand to run. These new changes to me are not what I expected, but welcome none the less. I will be close by, but I would like to visit the blacksmith and pay my respects for leaving so soon after the battle. Is that acceptable, Ambassador?"

Mal wonders just where Emma was hiding, and if she had any information on this gutless Dellex.

'I know you are probably out there, waiting. There is much to discuss. When can we meet?' he thinks, hoping that she is able to hear his thoughts...

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Let's try not to... if we can help it," Sil says with a small smile to Jareth. "We will have enough to worry about guarding ourselves and our 'news' as it is."

Sil ponders a moment and then asks, "Does anyone have any suggestions when it comes to that? Guarding what we carry? Guarding the 'news'?"

While they talk Mal concentrates but only gets a dull buzz for feedback. He has felt this before when Emma was asleep. Mal shudders and hope it isn't one of her year long sleeps and is just a nap.

jackslate45

First Post
"There are two situations we want to avoid. Talking to anyone about our mission, and ending up alone. To combat this, my old group used a buddy system that prevented anyone from wondering off alone. If you were on patrol, someone went with you. Dinner, someone was with you. Washroom? Some one was there. Shower? Same. This isn't all that inconvenient when you get used to it." Ern suggests.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
"Don't worry Jareth, Dellex is on all of our Thing to Take Care Of lists. It just that we aren't powerful enough to deal with him at the moment.

I do think Em's idea is very good and vote we adopt it.
says Trinham

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"So who's with who? I think we need to keep the pairs to complement each other. Magic with combat. Just in case either is needed in any situation. Jareth with Ern? Trinham and I? Aver will be with the ambassador. Any objections?"

Mal hopes that they would not have to make use of their abilities here, as he would like to keep his powers under wraps as Trinham suggested. Having Dellex underestimate them would only work in their favor. He would have preferred to have Ern with him, as she would provide better scenery to look upon rather than Trinham, but he knew that they should balance their powers between the two duos.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth just nods to the ambassador's response. "But the option is open," he adds quietly, with a slight hint of a smirk.

"I expect Dellex's eye will be focused on me... My antagonism toward him has most-everything to do with that fact, though it was entirely warranted.

"The idea of pairs seems good to me, with one further addendum- one pair is always with Aver and Sil. More protection is always a good idea."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Those pairing sound excellent, Malaroc." Sil says as he looks to Aver. "But what about the 'keeping' of our secret. We need to keep it safe and I believe close at all times."

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Easy enough to not speak of it," Jareth says with a shrug. "Can't reveal anything if it isn't mentioned in the first place. And if you have it with you at all times, that keeps it physically safe. If you're worried about it being taken while you rest, Trinham, Mal or I could probably take it for the meantime. Night watches are probably a good idea, even in the Irregulars camp. Which is where I expect we will be lodged. Perhaps a tent, but that is the most I believe will be afforded to us."

ghostcat

First Post
"The only thing about the pairings is that Jareth and I are supposed to be Sil's guard. Still I suppose it will just look like we are taking shifts, which makes sense. I would suggest one additional precaution. Em and I should check everyone once or twice a day to make sure that we haven't been espelled."

"Jareth.What are you going to do about mobilising your manor. I don't like the idea of Em going on her own and we can't afford two people to go."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads