Old Master Bug List.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Text overflow on main page - The "EN World 2 Has Arrived" box is sized to fit the picture, rather than the text. The other boxes are sized that way too, but that one is most noticeable.

Currently using Firefox 3.0, no special font size configurations, on XP professional.
I'm getting this same error on Firefox 2, with the added wrinkle that the links to read the rest of the article are unclickable as a result, and there doesn't appear to be an alternate route to get to them other than the RSS feed.

Michael Morris

First Post
ENW1 had a 'tab icon' for want of a technical term (hey I may fix PCs, set up networks and overclock the living crap out of my rig but I know zip about web design!) ENW2 doesn't seem to have one. Or at least FF3 doesn't pick it up.

I'll cook one up shortly.

Style wart in IE6: some of the text in the drop-down menus at the top of each page is black-on-black, making it impossible to read.

Fixed.

I need to left-right scroll at 1024x768 screen resolution in FF3 :(

I can't replicate this by setting my browser to 1024x768 mode. I can get it down to 1000 pixels before left-right scrolling occurs.

The link for thread subscriptions gets a 404 message. The one for this thread, for example, pointed to http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=205701&goto=newpost

Also, the from name for the email says "- Morrus' 4th Edition D&D / d20 News and Reviews Site" and doesn't mention EN World

This should be corrected now. Earlier I had forgot to tell vbulletin where it was now.

I periodically and randomly get a "Closed for maintenance" notice in the main forum index. No matter how much I reload or force-reload the page, it won't go away; however, if I go straight to a bookmarked thread and then click the "ENWorld - Morrus' 4th Edition D&D / d20 News and Reviews Site" link at the top of the screen, it brings up the forum index with no trouble.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think this is just the result of a bad bookmark (enworld.org/forums/index.php rather than /forum/index.php)

All the same enworld.org should 301 redirect to www.enworld.org. I'll check the httpd.conf.

I'm using Opera 9.5 on Win XP SP 2, and I do have custom minimum font sizes ...

Not my problem. If you use local settings to override the settings I provide I cannot undo them for you. This is like buying a car, changing the interior color at a customization shop, then complaining about the color to the manufacturer.

I got a 404 error popup upon visiting the front page for the first time since the upgrade... running IE7.

http://www.enworld.org/forums.php doesn't exist anymore, so that 404 isn't a mistake. I have a bookmark pointing to it too that I needed to change.

Text overflow on main page - The "EN World 2 Has Arrived" box is sized to fit the picture, rather than the text. The other boxes are sized that way too, but that one is most noticeable.

Also, could you make the forum's pages a tiny bit narrower... it's incredibly irritating to have a horizontal scroll bar for no good reason. It might be the link bar at the top that's doing it, but...

The pages are designed for a minimum horizontal resolution of 1000 px. There will be other skins designed for other resolutions later on.

I've pointed this out twice now (once when it was in beta) and nothing's happened. I wouldn't hold your breath :(

There are 3000 users and one tech admin. Be patient, or at least quiet, cause the last thing I need right now is snipes at my nerves. I'm between jobs and I'm using time I honestly desperately should be using looking for a job to do this work, so cut the attitude.

I'm getting this same error on Firefox 2, with the added wrinkle that the links to read the rest of the article are unclickable as a result, and there doesn't appear to be an alternate route to get to them other than the RSS feed.

There shouldn't be an rss feed for the articles - I haven't written an rss feed bot for them. Hmm.. Perhaps vbulletin is pitching in it's rss feed since it is providing the header.

talinthas

First Post
There seems to be a problem with the front page of the site. All of the text is overflowing the boxes.

And for some reason, I can't find the news and updates and such. And the recent forum links seem to be missing as well. I hope you can soon restore this very important functionality. Being able to get all of the news at a glance was by far and away the most important and, quite frankly, fantastic part of this site, and I hope to see it return.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Also noticing the text overflow issue on the main page. I'm running Safari v3.1.1 on a Mac at 1024 x 768 resolution. What was odd was that I did not notice that problem this morning when I checked out the site, but it was obvious this evening (maybe I was still asleep this morning and missed it).

Left/right scroll issue is there, but I don't care since it doesn't cut off any text.

Remove ads