D&D 5E One Punche Man Build. New Tasha's

Iry

Hero
CR is supposed to be a challenge for a four person party of the same level. So, CR 3 is stronger than a single character level 3. Right?
6-8 encounters a day. So it's more like nibbling on resources so the last few / big fight is challenging. The first couple are not supposed to be challenging at all, because you have lots of resources. Its just to make you spend some.

If a creature makes you spend your One Punch, it has done its job.

Hohige

Explorer
Pound for pound, I would rather just play a Death Domain Cleric. Inflict + Touch of Death is 33, and eventually ignores resistance and twin casts for free.
Yes, It's also amazing, but the One Punche Man chance to hit by far superior. (Really superior). Also critical chance is better.
The cleric has a high chance of failure and losing everything.
Against a cleric, a upcasted sleep is enough to defeat him, the sorcerer has more versatility and almost 100% chance to sucessful.
The cleric can twin at maximum level 5 spell slot at level 17, the One Punch Man can twin it at level 10 and max level 9 spell slot.
All with highest chance to hit.

Last edited:

Iry

Hero
Yes, It's also amazing, but the One Punche Man chance to hit by far superior. (Really superior). Also critical chance is better.
The cleric has a high chance of failure and losing everything.
He wouldn't lose much, since he can infinitely twin necro cantrips, and twin many 1-5th level spells every single day. But if you're looking to specifically emulate Saitama, then your build does a pretty good job!

I like the idea of Feinting Attack being "He looks like he's completely open" or "He looks like some random guy" like people say about Saitama.

Hohige

Explorer
He wouldn't lose much, since he can infinitely twin necro cantrips, and twin many 1-5th level spells every single day. But if you're looking to specifically emulate Saitama, then your build does a pretty good job!

I like the idea of Feinting Attack being "He looks like he's completely open" or "He looks like some random guy" like people say about Saitama.
Cleric's Reaper
At 1st level, you learn one necromancy cantrip of your choice from any spell list. When you cast a necromancy cantrip that normally targets only one creature, the spell can instead target two creatures within range and within 5 feet of each other.
It's pretty situation, 5ft only is too limited.
Look, the One Punche Man can cast It with twin spell for 120ft range without range of 5fts and still apply empower spell.
At higher levels, the One Punche Man is just stronger, Simulacrum, Flight Speed, Unearthed Recovery, Metamagic, Cleric spells, sorcerer spells and a infinite better attack rolls, counterspell. Anyway.
I will admit, a cleric inflict wounds hits hard if It hits, but the idea here is high chance to hit and high damage.

About Saitama.
Oh thanks, Feiting is really fun ("He looks like he's completely open" or "He looks like some random guy") and next hit is One Hit K.O. is fun!

Sacrosanct

Legend
How does this look ... at level 20.

Champion 3/Martial Adept/Elven Accuracy/Lucky. 20 charisma. Staff of Power (why not).

+13 to hit, triple advantage (feint), 19-20 crit range.

We crit fish using unerring spell and lucky giving us a 57% crit chance, dealing 24d10+2d6, or 139.

That's not how unerring spell works. You don't get to reroll when you don't crit, you reroll when you miss. if you hit with any of the previous attacks, then unerring spell doesn't apply.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
That's not how unerring spell works. You don't get to reroll when you don't crit, you reroll when you miss. if you hit with any of the previous attacks, then unerring spell doesn't apply.

sad trumpet sounds

(edit to the OP: this sounds mocking, but I'm commiserating with you, I had the same happen to me a week or two ago!)

NotAYakk

Legend
It isn't perfect, but with lucky and elven accuracy, you basically can roll 4d20 and pick any die. You can force a miss if you don't get a crit.

Against 20 AC with +13 to hit, you have a 1-(.7^4) (75%ish) chance to force a miss. Then use unerring spell.

That does lower your crit chance to 45%ish I think.

Sadly, I am not seeing any attack bonuses that are optional. (that say "you may add X to your attack roll"). Such bonuses would help make the first attempt miss and the second hit.

Last edited:

Yes, It's true. But we are talking about PCs. ^^

You dont fight PCs. You fight monsters.

A warlock has avg 23 HP, a rogue has 23HP, a wizard has 21 HP, a fighter has 28.
It's basically a one shot K.O.

A 4th level Vengeance Paladin with GWM, spamming a slot on a smite spell and with Hunters Mark active does 3d6+2d8+14 damage at 4th level with no set-up.

CR is supposed to be a challenge for a four person party of the same level. So, CR 3 is stronger than a single character level 3. Right?

Wrong.

You're thinking of 3E. In 5E, CR doesnt work that way.

Hohige

Explorer
You dont fight PCs. You fight monsters.

A 4th level Vengeance Paladin with GWM, spamming a slot on a smite spell and with Hunters Mark active does 3d6+2d8+14 damage at 4th level with no set-up.

Hey man, we fight everything, monsters and PCs on arenas.

We back again to Damage x Chance to hit. The vengeance paladin has only +1 attack roll, you need a natural 20 on d20.
The One Punche Man has +11(Favored by the gods) attack roll on 4d20. 5d20 with lucky feat

Remove ads