[OOC] Baptism by Fire_FULL

Helmsman01

Explorer
Hmm... given your background I'd say that you've come across this as Street Double Speak. Something used in front of young kids because they are so nosy.

@Helmsman01 In one of the posts, you mentioned fire creatures and volcanoes in the mountains. Are we likely to need cold weather gear or is it going to be hot? I'm just curious about buying equipment and how much water we might need to bring with us.

Also, is it possible to buy Studded Leather in this town?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm inclined to say "we buy what we need" and move on. As far as "studded" leather goes, I guess the question for the DM is: Do you want us to be able to spend money to give Fern a +1 AC? The way I see it (when it comes to armor) is he'll just be adding some hardened leather vambraces & spaulders and probably a silly-looking leather skullcap to shore up his AC. He probably doesn't need to actually buy a suit of "studded leather" and sell his "leather" armour.

It's probably available, if not here, then certainly at the fort.

BUT, otoh, we've just started. Do we need to raise AC from how the character was built before we even have an encounter? YMMV.

Last edited:

Helmsman01

Explorer
I was just thinking that after his first encounter Fern may be looking into "armoring" up. But yeah shopping post can be written by the shopper themselves. I think I'll make notes of anything you really can't find in a town, but normally anything being possible I won't beriff a player having the gear they think they need.

Remove ads