[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Mewness

First Post
Fun times, all! I'm still trying to decide what Sir F would wish for (there's something pretty obvious, but it's also kind of boring).

If we do eventually continue I'd be strongly tempted to use Papolstaanas (he's my favorite of my L4W characters, and he tends to get stuck in adventures that don't finish).

Neil1889

First Post
...I'd be strongly tempted to use Papolstaanas (he's my favorite of my L4W characters, and he tends to get stuck in adventures that don't finish).

He and Lilli would have something in common. :(

What will happen to Zuri? Retirement? Change to a companion character?

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
We'll definitely need a striker. My wife is potentially interested in joining the game, and tends to favour rangers and rogues, but she's got a lot on her plate right now between a night course, two part-time jobs, and we have a 6-month-old to keep her busy, so no guarantees about her ability to post consistently, at least not lengthy posts.

I can probably fill in for when she's too busy. Or we can try to find someone else. Or I'd be fine with having a companion character.

There is another option, depending on what route we go and how much leeway jbear has. We could try an experiment to compensate for the lack of striker by giving all of us a damage bonus (something like +1/2 level? or the essentials secondary stat striker damage?). Just an idea.

Neil1889

First Post
Rain's shaping up like so:

[sblock=Ministats]
Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 9.
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 16. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 29, Fort: 20, Reflex: 21, Will: 20.
(When Rain shifts, she gains a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex Defence until the end of her next turn.)
HP: 81/81, Bloodied: 40, Surge Value: 20, Surges left: 12/12
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +2 Feat bonus to Saving Throws.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind
Guardian's Counter
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder
Arcane Mutterings
Dimensional Vortex
Swordmage Shielding Fire
Armathor's Step
Echoes of Sword Magic
Troll Rampage
Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion +3 - Encounter Power
Periapt of Cascading Health +2 - Encounter Power
Boots of the Fencing Master - Encounter Power
Boots of the Fencing Master - Encounter Power
Antipathy Gloves - Daily Power

Antipathy Gloves - An enemy must spend 1 extra square of movement to enter a square adjacent to Rain. An enemy that is pulled, pushed or slid moves through those squares as normal.

Conditions: None.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I haven't had a chance to update my sheet yet. I built Sabynha all the way to 21st level, but it's on my netbook and it takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r.... to load the old CB (the online one mostly won't work on it for some reason).

The short version is that she's probably taking Blade & Buckler Duelist (+1 AC & Ref) and Duelist's Panache (+Cha mod to Athletics & Acrobatics), retraining a skill or two and maybe a power, and probably upgrading her Vanguard blade to a higher plus (as well as making it a rapier if jbear is still giving us more leeway with our background choices - Gritty Sergeant or Noble Bred for War here I come!). The rest of my equipment will follow suit; just plus inflation. Might grab a horned helm and a neck slot that makes me better at healing. Maybe some boots that aid movement (Duelist Boots?). Probably a plain magic dagger for throwing.

Do we still get a free expertise at 5th level? I think I read that was part of the campaign houserules. It's been a while.

I still have no idea what to wish for. The thing I was hinting at was already covered by Rain.

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
If and when we do go on I'd like to continue with Papolstaanas, who will be reassembled as a hybrid Battlemind/Iron Soul Monk, assuming that's OK with jbear. It'll take me a while to get his sheet together.

Remove ads