• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Don't forget listening in on the sheriff

Also, the hoard bowl at the card table...what could one random person of low persuasion do to take it off and run off into the dark? :D

domminniti

Explorer

Also, the hoard bowl at the card table...what could one random person of low persuasion do to take it off and run off into the dark? :D
I'd like to see you try a ocean's 11 level heist to steal that from in front of their faces!

Quickleaf

Legend

Don't know if that was for fellow party or the GM, buuuuut.... before anything could be attempted (DC 15 Sleight of Hand, mage hand, levitate, etc), you'd need to effectively distract the card players without drawing attention to yourself. Really effective distraction would drop Sleight of Hand DC to 12.

Btw, these are the revised (easier) DCs I use behind the screen...

DCTask DifficultyDCTask Difficulty
8Easy15Hard
10Medium20Very Hard
12Tricky25Incredibly Hard

@Quickleaf Were we given a timeline of the murders? I looked over the thread and it wasn't clear to me. I know the last murder was the priest in Bryn Shander 3 days ago but when did the other murders take place? Were we even told this info?

Quickleaf

Legend
@Quickleaf Were we given a timeline of the murders? I looked over the thread and it wasn't clear to me. I know the last murder was the priest in Bryn Shander 3 days ago but when did the other murders take place? Where we even told this info?
Yep, sure did. I'll include a bit more to this timeline for context...

2 years ago, the Everlasting Rime begins.

2 months ago, last caravan arrives in Icewind Dale.

1 month ago, first murder – dwarf glassblower in Termalaine.

3 weeks ago, second murder – human shipbuilder in Targos.

14 days ago, group of mages arrive in Bryn Shander.

10 days ago, third murder – Morin Littlebucket, halfling trapper in Easthaven (Arik's friend).

3 days ago, fourth murder – Dellvon Ludwig, human priest (of Torm) in Bryn Shander.

3 days ago, Cult of Auril claims the House of the Triad (Dellvon's temple).

2 days ago, Torg's caravan departs for Easthaven, makes an unusual return trip same day to Bryn Shander... (then possibly heads out for Targos that night).

domminniti

Explorer
@Quickleaf is there an alcoholic drink in universe sort of like Brandy, which is given to people recovering from hypothermia? Maybe quasi magical? I know brandy just makes hypothermia worse by reducing core temperature, but maybe there is a magic brandy thing. Just thinking of it for flavour, but also any mechanical ideas would be cool (temprrary resistance to cold damage, help with exhaustion, etc)

Quickleaf

Legend
@Quickleaf is there an alcoholic drink in universe sort of like Brandy, which is given to people recovering from hypothermia? Maybe quasi magical? I know brandy just makes hypothermia worse by reducing core temperature, but maybe there is a magic brandy thing. Just thinking of it for flavour, but also any mechanical ideas would be cool (temprrary resistance to cold damage, help with exhaustion, etc)
Firebeard’s Fire Brandy! made in Icewind Dale

Fire Wine (it's a pricey wine from the old empires) is known for warming the belly with its spices.
Then there's a couple whiskeys, nonmagical though - Firebelly Whiskey & Fires of Mirabar Whiskey.

There's zzar, which is a fortified sherry with almond flavor that's served warmed.

There's also rubyfire liquor, which I don't know anything about. Sounds like something distilled by deep gnomes.

And gin from junipers.

Last edited:

Remove ads