• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr [ENDED]

I actually assume during the down time I would try to find a chance to take a rest to gain some HP back woth a healing surge. Is it just a hit dice or a hit dice plus con mod? And so I get my restful song ability on myself?

You make it sound so salacious. He's wearing undershorts. Besides, if women can wear chainmail bikinis, then Lorenzo can show off his shapely calves.
There shall be no chainmail bikini in this quarter. At some point in the recent future (I think it was when beer was offered 'round in the Tankard), I decided on a whim that Brue would be something of a prude. She asked for water instead of beer. And she wears heavy armor that covers most of her body. She only has one set of clothes, so she can't change while Corilo and the gnome are present. It just makes sense that she'd squeak in alarm when confronted by a salaciously pantless man.

I'ma send you a t-shirt for Christmas that says "Pantless Lorenzo." Perfect.

'Sides, you can't compete with Greycastle. Brue totally has the hots for him. I mean, hell, have you seen his avatar? He's a sexy beast.

Don't mind me. I'm punch drunk and fatigued on jury prep. Just mouthing off.

hafrogman

Adventurer
At some point in the recent future (I think it was when beer was offered 'round in the Tankard), I decided on a whim that Brue would be something of a prude. She asked for water instead of beer.
Which is funny, because in the first thread, the exact opposite happened, where Greycastle only drank water and you accepted a pint. I think he's rubbing off on you.
'Sides, you can't compete with Greycastle. Brue totally has the hots for him. I mean, hell, have you seen his avatar? He's a sexy beast.
Eh, he's an older guy. But he checks out.
attachment.php

I'ma send you a t-shirt for Christmas that says "Pantless Lorenzo." Perfect.
Fun, fun!

Forged Fury

First Post
I actually assume during the down time I would try to find a chance to take a rest to gain some HP back woth a healing surge. Is it just a hit dice or a hit dice plus con mod? And so I get my restful song ability on myself?

It's really just a game concept, the short/long rest deal. Since you recover all of your resources after a long rest (save hit dice), it's somewhat irrelevant. If Gnorth wants to take a short rest before his night on the town, he's welcome to do so. You can roll any number of hit dice to recover, adding your CON mod to each die rolled. Song of Rest applies to anyone who can hear it and who chooses to spend hit dice during the short rest. As long as you end up getting eight hours of mostly uninterrupted rest, the Long Rest benefits kick in. Just note that you only gain back half your total hit dice per long rest, so if you spend most of them, you may not have a full complement when you set out after the ogres.

I'll probably have to send out PMs tomorrow. I've had a busy night tonight and I'm trying to catch up.

Oh, I was just thinking if the day wasn't fully over and who knows what sort of person may be seeking to take advantage of a bad situation in town when it is in shambles and the guardsmen are attempting to keep order while cleaning their wounds. I'll skip the short rest though and just travel through the town gathering information from people and getting a feel from the people before I return to pass out in my bed.

Forged Fury

First Post
Hey everybody, look for an update this afternoon. I updated the other threads I'm in so I don't hold them up, but I have to take care of the accounting for a bunch of credit card transactions from over the last several days before I can update. Thanks!

Egon

First Post
It's all good, my man. We've had several people on our team at work decide they didn't want to be here any longer, so my caseload has doubled in the last week. My posting will be as good as I can get it, but don't hold stuff up on my account!

Remove ads