• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr [ENDED]

hafrogman

Adventurer
So OOC do we have enough to piece together a path for the ogres now? It seems a lot of people have mentioned the castle? And Boddynock knows where the castle is? Or just knows OF it?

Forged Fury

First Post
Boddynock doesn't know where it is, but he's heard that the elf lived in a manor along the coast.

The food vendor mentioned that she lived to the west and was glad that the ogres didn't attack any farmsteads between Port Kir and Haedirn's manor. One could assume that she lives in a farmstead between Port Kir and Haedrin's manor, which is why she's grateful, and would probably place the ogres to the west. Asking pretty much anyone in town will tell you that Haedirn's is located along the coast to the west. If y'all want to advance it forward. I'll wait for everyone to give any feedback before moving forward.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Regarding Joté coming with us, that largely depends on the terrain around here. Sounds like we're going offroad? Or is there a road heading to the coast?

And highroad/lowroad I'd want to decide six hours into the journey. But my general thought would be (unless Corilo discovers ogre sign) to take the low road and try to enter the tower.

Forged Fury

First Post
There is a minor road that heads west, but based on what you've learned so far, it is unlikely that it goes right to the door of the manor. There will almost certainly be a bit of offloading to do.

I vote the high road then if it gets us a better vantage from which to see (and use ranged attacks to bring destruction on our foes)! Also, it is a well known fact that ogres cannot look up.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Also, it is a well known fact that ogres cannot look up.
It's the thick, muscly necks.

I'd probably want to take the cart at least part way then, it'll stop it from taking us two whole days to get where we're going. We might offload some of the gear onto Joté and walk him the last part, again depending on terrain and availability of places to stow/hide him and the cart.

Forged Fury

First Post
OK, I'll do a "halfway" post when the party gets to the point where the cliff starts rising. I'll wait a bit for further posts before I post.

Pausing at the 6 hour mark to assess whether to take the high or low road is fine with me.

Thinking it through, if we take the low road, characters who do not have proficiency in Athletics may have an easier time accessing the manor because they will not (I assume) be subject to having to scale a 30' cliff. Another point in favor of the low road = we might be able to take Jote, the cart, and Andal with us all the way to the keep.

Remove ads