• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC Thread] Delving the Mists (seeking recruits!)

Gramcrackered

First Post
Which, unfortunately, causes a bit of a problem between your character and mine, as that was also more or less the concept I was tossing around. Not precisely the same, but enough that it would lead to some redundecy between the two of us.

Note the would though; since you're further along with your background and I've got more Ravenloft books at my fingertips anyway, I'll just step aside and come up with something else. I'm sure I can flip through and think of another concept I like.

Cerebus13

First Post
Now that you mention it...I found a netbook with a neat little prestige class called the "Anatomist"

Go to here to download it:

h**p://www.dungeon.gr/database/archive/bosacpdf.zip

Telsar

First Post
Been working on my character; in case any of my feats/skills are too similar to anyone else's, I'm posting them here, and we can work out how to keep any characters looking too similar. My highest ranks are in Disguise, Intimidate, and Sense Motive. I'm probably willing to lower anything but those 3, if it will help let someone else excel at what they think they should excel at. Here's what I have for feats/skills:

Feats:
(Human) Jaded (+4 to all Horror saves)
(1st) Courage (+4 to all Fear saves)
(3rd) Persuasive (+2 to Bluff and Intimidate)
(6th) Investigator (+2 to Gather Info and Search)

Skills (81 ranks available, max ranks 9/4):
Bluff +11 [7 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 Persuasive]
Diplomacy +7 [3 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 Bluff synergy]
Disguise +11/13 [9 ranks, +2 Cha, extra is in-character Bluff synergy bonus]
Gather Information +13 [7 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 Investigator, +2 local synergy]
Intimidate +15 [9 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 Bluff synergy, +2 Persuasive]
Knowledge(local) +8 [5 ranks, +3 Int]
Knowledge(monster lore-aberrations) +5 [2 ranks, +3 Int]
Knowledge(monster lore-shapechanger) +5 [2 ranks, +3 Int]
Listen +6 [5 ranks, +1 Wis]
Profession (detective) +4 [3 ranks, +1 Wis]
Search +12 [7 ranks, +3 Int, +2 Investigator]
Sense Motive +10 [9 ranks, +1 Wis]
Spellcraft +9 [6 ranks, +3 Int]
Spot +8 [7 ranks, +1 Wis]

Cerebus13

First Post
Telsar said:
Been working on my character; in case any of my feats/skills are too similar to anyone else's, I'm posting them here, and we can work out how to keep any characters looking too similar. My highest ranks are in Disguise, Intimidate, and Sense Motive. I'm probably willing to lower anything but those 3, if it will help let someone else excel at what they think they should excel at. Here's what I have for feats/skills: ...

Looking very good :).

There is a Detective prestige class in one of the books I mentioned...lemme know if you want a summary of it.

Last edited:

Gramcrackered

First Post
Hmmmm...you know what we don't have so far? An actual, straight forward city guard. Sounds like we're gonna have a great deal of skills and not much direct combat characters anyway, so that should work out well. Probably all levels in Fighter.

Thinkin' he'll be the sort of city guard higher-ups parade about to help inspire confidence in the masses; takes his job very seriously, conscripted into the city force from the lower classes and then managed to work his way up to a decent position, armor and weapons are always buffed to a fine polish. Sort of guy who you'd see on the front of a newspaper saving a cat from a tree, with all mention of the gritter stuff he did the rest of the day ignored.

You read any Terry Prattchet? Thing is, I just suddenly recalled a character my concept is verrrry close too in style...

Edit: So, assuming you're fine with our concept, should we just go ahead and post our character sheet here?

Last edited:

Cerebus13

First Post
I have a couple of copies of some of his Discworld stuff, but never really read all the way through them because I don't have the first book.

When I get home this evening I'll put up a Rogue's Gallery (just for characters, keep all OOC talk to this thread) with how I would like stuff formatted.

Telsar

First Post
Cerebus13 said:
Looking very good :).

There is a Detective prestige class in one of the books I mentioned...lemme know if you want a summary of it.

I saw it, and was interested, but one of its requirements was Track. Since I'd heard there would be 2 rangers already, I didn't think we needed 3 characters with Track, and I'd have to sacrifice one of my feats to do it anyway. And I like my feats, especially if there's going to be a lot of horror and fear checks. :)

Salzorin

First Post
I'm actually looking at changing my character a bit, to avoid having 2 rangers. I still may end up having Track though as I'm still planning on going the Monster Hunter route... just looking at maybe not coming at it from Ranger...

Pyrex

First Post
Gramcrackered said:
You read any Terry Prattchet? Thing is, I just suddenly recalled a character my concept is verrrry close too in style...

Funny how the three of us keep rolling in circles around essentially the same target. (not quite though, while you're leaning towards Carrot, my concept much more closely resembles Vimes)

Remove ads