D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Velkenvelve.png

Since you're starting to talk of escape the general layout will be useful.

1 - Guard post
2 - Drow Soldier Barracks
3 - Larder, Supply room, Kitchen
4 - Officer Barracks
5 - Lift
6-8 Ilvara and Asha's quarters
9 - Waterfall
10 - Guard tower
11- Slave Pen
12 - Quaggoths!
13 - Guard post
14 - Pool (and webs!)

SunGold

First Post
Ok, phew. I wasn't gonna put up a fight 'cause I really, really didn't want to be the person who argues rules with the DM at the "table"...but hypothetically, I may have spent the last 10 minutes thinking I just got unfairly shoved over (and probably into the spider pit) by the DM god-hand for a laugh. :p

Uller

Adventurer
No...for this part of the game I'm taking a bit of a DM license in the interest of keeping things moving and interesting. Just like with Klep's fight...if death is on the line, appropriate checks will be made (unless a Sicilian is involved....then all bets are off). Everyone is being really good sports about it so far.

Don't worry...soon we'll morph into more traditional D&D...It will be a complete circus with 8 PCs and this motley crew of NPCs....Once the other PCs arrive we'll give you all a chance to prep for your escape then things will start moving. Edit: and once things start moving, you definitely don't want to be making bets with Sicilians...(and no, I am definitely not a killer DM, ...I usually don't find much joy in killing PCs...but this adventure is a bit of "hard mode" especially early on so I make no promises...)

Last edited:

DMAesh

Explorer
[MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION], You made a mention of Shoor in the OOC, but you did not mention him in the description. I just wanted to be sure (Shoor) :p before I post... ^_^

Uller

Adventurer
[MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION], You made a mention of Shoor in the OOC, but you did not mention him in the description. I just wanted to be sure (Shoor) :p before I post... ^_^

I didn't mention him in the larger description...I needed an NPC leading the patrol that just met the patrol you were with...so why not Shoor? You start learning who he is as he takes control and leads everyone back to Velkenvelve.

Uller

Adventurer
[MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION], You made a mention of Shoor in the OOC, but you did not mention him in the description. I just wanted to be sure (Shoor) before I post... ^_^
I forgot Ezraen can also speak elvish...so he could understand the drow too.

Uller

Adventurer
Nice [MENTION=6801323]Marcelus14[/MENTION]. Sounds like "bruised your soul" is pretty applicable...

You three can probably talk to Buppido or Sarith along the way before you reach Velkenvelve. Shoor probably not but you can observe and eavesdrop if you speak elvish.

All, we now have quite a cast of NPCs. Since our Rogue's Gallery got a bit cluttered Im going to make a new one. Either today or tomorrow. First post will be a place I use to keep track of my understanding of current PC state... hp, HD, AC, conditions, etc. Second post will be current cast of NPCs. Once I have that you all can move your PCs into it.

I'll be travelling to Chicago tomorrow AM for a hockey tournament. I should be able to post tomorrow evening and much of the day Saturday. Sunday only from my smart phone.

Uller

Adventurer
So Shoor is one of the drow captors. Just clarifying. :)
As far as you know Shoor is a drow officer of sorts. He lead the patrol that met you and because of the murder of Nildus he has taken command of both patrols. He seems like kind of a big deal among the drow and tensions are high.

Remove ads