D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

SunGold

First Post
Yeah, there are a lot of rules for RAW wilderness travel, but I already know them. My prob is a lot of house rules that only apply to one game, because without applying stuff consistently across games, I just forget. But like you said, this is mostly stuff you'll have to apply, not us, so it shouldn't be much of an annoyance this time.

And JustinCase, screw the NPCs, loot's ours. I vote for even split.

Uller

Adventurer
Certainly giving the NPCs a full share might inspire greater loyalty. A half share would probably keep most of them content. No share might inspire some real resentment. Probably the greater share you give an individual, the more likely they are to help out later?

DMAesh

Explorer
I am okay with all of that, Ez will stay with the middle boat. If Surana is taking the damaged boat, I would suggest that she have the potion of water breathing in the boat with her.

I have updated the Treasure Log in the Google sheet with coinage both broken down and totaled as GP value.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Glabbagool can fill you in more with what he saw.

So...since Erevan has a mental connection with his familiar and thanks to Drum you all have connections to each other, what do you think of Glabbagool being able to talk to you all when Erevan allows?

I don't mind either way, but I 100% understand if JustinCase would rather not do this. Feels like it might cheapen the master-familiar connection if everyone can talk to it.

DMAesh

Explorer
I think that we should help arm the ones that fight, and as we deliver each to their destination, we can give a little parting gift. But the ones that help most, should get something. (I mean we DO rely alot on Bert and the dwarves, and Derendil offers a lot of support in battle. Shuushar is navigating us through this Darklake mess.)

On a side note, I was reading Forge of Fury in the Tales of the Yawning Portal and they have a Darklake too! I wonder if that is the go-to name for underdark lakes? :p

SunGold

First Post
Ok, I'm outvoted on the loot issue, so share with the NPCs we shall. You two can figure out the details on how to split it.

Boat thoughts, since we need to hammer out these details to move on:

BOAT 1 - 25% of food
Surana - pilot
Bert - lookout. He needs light too, and he's got a whopping +6 to perception
Eldeth - foraging

BOAT 2 - 50% of food
Ez - pilot
Shuushar - navigating
Derendil - just cause he's pretty strong and may be able to help w/ str checks & boat defense
Drum - Surana would want him in the safest boat

BOAT 3 - 25% of food
Erevan - pilot
Orsik - lookout. Since he's got a solid wis score
Sarith - just hangin' out being a jerk
Topsy - mapping

DMAesh

Explorer
Oh no, we should be holding it. This is a communal tap right now, but as we drop each of them off to their final destination Ez would want to give them a bit as a parting gift. I expect that we may be spending a chunk of it at Gracklestugh, provided we get there. I have put 1/3 on each boat (held with each of the PCs as leaders) and assigned as SunGold has presented, because it sounds good to me. The Google Sheet is updated and can be modified as we need.

Let us move and make adjustments as we find difficulties through travel. Sound good to everyone?

SunGold

First Post
Well, the three of us can carry it across the Darklake, since we can't spend it here anyway. But once we get to Gracklestugh, it does need to be split, whatever the percentages.

JustinCase suggested full shares all around. I said none for NPCs. Perhaps a compromise: half-shares for NPCs?

DMAesh

Explorer
I am okay with that. I am just thinking that whatever is not spent at Gracklestugh goes back to the pot while we travel to the next settlement.

SunGold

First Post
I thought we already talked about this and agreed not to do party loot.

Party loot just invites drama, IMO. Much easier and cleaner to know how much each of us has, and we can still make the decision to help each other out--but this way it remains a choice, rather than compulsory.

Remove ads